• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Didn't even realize that Almighty boost/amp and Magic ability were in the game and exclusive to Network Fusion. Time to save scum in order to make the ultimate Thanatos Picaro.
Mine turned out well
g3kXWDO.png

gryvan

So i finished the batting achievement in 10 seconds without reading any books....

Compared to that fucking fishing shenanigans this was somehow easy? Or maybe i got extremely lucky...I dunno anymore

Shouldn't Kaguya outdamage Yoshitsune due to Bless Amp/Boost/Magic Ability? I don't have her, but just based on what I've heard/theory.
Those are good enough to get her close...Physical is just so strong without the need for % increases

Also Hassou Tobi is always 8 hits, Shining arrow is variable 4-8

TR_

Shouldn't Kaguya outdamage Yoshitsune due to Bless Amp/Boost/Magic Ability? I don't have her, but just based on what I've heard/theory.

Yea I think so too. If all 8x shining arrows hit it should do more but Yoshitsune is less rng.

Ultimadrago

So regarding the Futaba lines trophy, does her dialogue counts carry over to NG+?

Nope.

So i finished the batting achievement in 10 seconds without reading any books....

Compared to that fucking fishing shenanigans this was somehow easy? Or maybe i got extremely lucky...I dunno anymore

Man, batting took me way longer than fishing. Between my time struggling in Yakuza 0 and here, I just am shit at baseball (like in real life).

kewlmyc

Mine turned out well

Nice.

I'm mostly going for him just due to his design. They took my favorite Persona and dressed him in my two favorite colors. Hell yeah I'm going to use him.

Yoshisune will be for any time I want to actually do massive damage.

Kagura sounds interesting due to all I keep hearing about Shining Arrows, but I don't really have an attachment to the Persona.

Nice.

I'm mostly going for him just due to his design. They took my favorite Persona and dressed him in my two favorite colors. Hell yeah I'm going to use him.

Yoshisune will be for any time I want to actually do massive damage.

Kagura sounds interesting due to all I keep hearing about Shining Arrows, but I don't really have an attachment to the Persona.
Kaguya is my all time favorite persona, and then they attached her to Marie in Arena so shes also the persona I am most familiar with.

jrcbandit

For making "ultimate" Personas, is there any point to getting Agility higher than 75? And how high should endurance go? I'm not truly min maxing because it's too annoying leveling up low level Personas to max and low level Personas don't have enough innate resistances, but I am generally trying to get agility to 75 and Magic or Strength to 70-80+. I also don't understand why the super high level Personas under advanced fusion tend to have both 58+ strength and magic, should pick one or the other since they generally come with mostly all magic or melee skills. Lucifer is also hella lame, so disappointing: wtf doesn't he have actual resistances (in prior Persona games I think he resisted allot of stuff and nulled curse) and why does he start with such high strength when he is obviously meant for Almighty damage.

Bladenic

nope, shining arrows is nuts. And I was even feeling like I was getting more out of Maeigaon from alice

For my personas damage
Yoshitsune > Kaguya Picaro >>>>>>>>>>> Alice > Thanatos Picaro

All of them were basically broken though

I just realized that I completely forgot about Alice fuck. She only has one possible fusion so no wonder. Gotta go make her.

vypek

yea, got a good amount left. I'll keep trying to use that exploit more as I progress unless they keep dropping items then I'll just kill them.

It could be worth it to stick with it for a while even if they drop items. When my sandman's luck netted me 70K per drop there were rounds where I would get items for like 10 minutes straight but still wound up with a ton of yet.

I guess it does get a little boring at times doing that though

Zafir

I'm desperately trying to make as much money as possible in Mementos to get 100% compendium.

If you've done everything else you want to do - drop the difficulty to casual. It dramatically increases yen gain.

I'd also suggest you get to an high enough level where you aren't having to pay Igor to fuse higher level personas.

I think I spent about 4mil on 100%ing my compendium (though some of that includes making some overpowered personas for fun) and a significant chunk of that was paying off Igor because I wasn't high enough level.

LiK

It could be worth it to stick with it for a while even if they drop items. When my sandman's luck netted me 70K per drop there were rounds where I would get items for like 10 minutes straight but still wound up with a ton of yet.

I guess it does get a little boring at times doing that though

Yea, Confuse then just keep Guarding and hope for the best.

If you've done everything else you want to do - drop the difficulty to casual. It dramatically increases yen gain.

I'd also suggest you get to an high enough level where you aren't having to pay Igor to fuse higher level personas.

I think I spent about 4mil on 100%ing my compendium (though some of that includes making some overpowered personas for fun) and a significant chunk of that was paying off Igor because I wasn't high enough level.

I'll probablly try to level up more then. I'll mos tlikely do the Compendium trophy closer before the last Palace.

Dany

Banned
Does the NG+ items my confidants give me automatically apply to the new game? I see that they're items but I can't select them

pixxxelz

I'm desperately trying to make as much money as possible in Mementos to get 100% compendium.
You don't need that much money if your level is high enough, i completed the compendium (well 99% of it) in ng before jumping to ng+ and I only spent about a million ¥.

LiK

You don't need that much money if your level is high enough, i completed the compendium (well 99% of it) in ng before jumping to ng+ and I only spent about a million ¥.

could someone explain the level thing. So the higher level you are, do you get more of a discount or something or am I completely missing the point?

Bladenic

could someone explain the level thing. So the higher level you are, do you get more of a discount or something or am I completely missing the point?

The higher level you are the less you'll spend on fusing personas way above your level. Or you can grind to 99 and be good

A certain confidant ability lets you fuse personas that are above your level, but there is a fee proportional to the difference in level.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Im gonna need a poster of the Phantom Thieves swag walking. The steelbook doesnt do them justice.

Astral

Does the NG+ items my confidants give me automatically apply to the new game? I see that they're items but I can't select them

Yeah you gotta at least start the confidant first. After that you'll have all the benefits under the item description available.

Bluecondor

For me, Akechi is one of the most under-rated aspects of this game.

Without divulging anything specific in terms of spoilers, I can honestly say that there have been few characters as realistically annoying/unlikable as Akechi in my decades of playing games.

His smug and superior personality, masked behind his "Home Alone"-type innocent look reminds me of real people I have known who have this type of persona.

I actually get angry with him every time he appears on screen and makes ANOTHER statement patting himself on the back with his fake smile.

The developers made him perfectly. I feel like they specifically made him this way because they knew he would get under most people's skin.

It definitely worked with me. He just grates on my nerves when I have to interact with him.

Quonny

yeah but that one scene mid-game akechi spoilers where he asks
if he can hang around the cafe more and you can break his soul in two. dude literally is about to cry

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
yeah but that one scene mid-game akechi spoilers where he asks
if he can hang around the cafe more and you can break his soul in two. dude literally is about to cry

MC can give him some savage responses.

"I hope you dont mind me staying for a cup of coffee"

"Please leave"

vypek

in December, is there a place I can read books in the afternoon since I can't read at the cafe?

I'm not that far yet but I'd assume the school library. Is there no class in December?

Or do you have to clear out the customers out of the cafe before you read?

Dany

Banned
Yeah you gotta at least start the confidant first. After that you'll have all the benefits under the item description available.

Oh okay! What about
The Fool: Igor. I don't think I got an item from him.
I didn't go to the velvet room on my last day.

Raven117

Oh wow, there's a blast from the past. Remember discovering RPGfan back in 2000 or 2001.

They still do my most trusted reviews of RPGs. If they say it sucks. it sucks. If they say its good. Its good.

If they say its good for these reasons, but bad for those reasons..play it if you like these good reasons...then that's what happens.

Great site.

Lunar15

Yahtzee reviewed Persona 5 - go figure.

Seems he found issue with the second half as well, but still overall enjoyed it.

I don't remember him bringing up the second half of the game in the video. He was talking about the "second half" of the game's mechanics - the daily life portion.

For me, Akechi is one of the most under-rated aspects of this game.

Without divulging anything specific in terms of spoilers, I can honestly say that there have been few characters as realistically annoying/unlikable as Akechi in my decades of playing games.

His smug and superior personality, masked behind his "Home Alone"-type innocent look reminds me of real people I have known who have this type of persona.

I actually get angry with him every time he appears on screen and makes ANOTHER statement patting himself on the back with his fake smile.

The developers made him perfectly. I feel like they specifically made him this way because they knew he would get under most people's skin.

It definitely worked with me. He just grates on my nerves when I have to interact with him.

What's odd to me is that I think the directors actually tried to make him sympathetic and likeable. The fact that he comes across as an ass early on seems unintentional.

daveo42

Banned
What's odd to me is that I think the directors actually tried to make him sympathetic and likeable. The fact that he comes across as an ass early on seems unintentional.

I think he was supposed to come across as an arrogant asshole most of the time, but also sympathetic by the end because
he is a product of his upbringing and is cast as the polar opposite of Joker. Basically "it's not his fault he's shitty because he had been fucked by both corrupt adults and his own fate."
It's not the best, but I think that was their intention.

Top Bottom