• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Rivers, in the desssseeeerrrt

ce93cd2224337be4e212b63da3e2068a.jpg

Chaos17

Re: Ryuji in October 27-28

http://imgur.com/a/gC0t0 <------ [Spoilers]

I feel so much better about how he's been acting after that scene. I don't begrudge anyone for disliking him, but it always felt like they were being intentional with his growing obnoxiousness, and I am so, so glad the game vindicated me on that. I thought we were getting another Yosuke situation where it was clear the devs didn't see anything wrong with how he was acting, but they deliberated put Ryuji on a power trip. Not that it makes him immune to criticism as a character, but i'm glad to see his character is still dynamic even after the Kamoshida arc.

I'll definitely talk about what happened in general (because there's so much to talk about jesus christ), but yeah that moment was great.

I never understood why a lot of people dislike Yosuke of P4, he grows a lot. I don't know maybe it's his VA in english that made a him a perma goofer but in japanese his voice actor does make him sound mature more the story go on. Yes, he has his flaws but he isn't the goofer that you people on GAF pthink of.

Ryugi was hateful, his crave for fame during 7 months was horrible to witness during main story. He is so much more cool headed in his S-link and not an angry brat who has a little inferiority complex like in main story. Next time you play go on vacation with him and come back saying if you didn't wanted to strangle him :p

WolfeTone

Coming close to the end, I've enjoyed this a lot. The ending will determine whether I like it more than Persona 5.

A question regarding maxing out Confidants. I have 3 unmaxed and I'm at Dec 14
having just finished the 7th palace, calling card and boss done
. When is the last day for spending time with Confidants?

I need to finish:

- Yusuke - Needs 1 more visit
- Haru - Needs 3 more visits, provided there's no Mementos mission or non-rank up 'date'
- Fortune Teller - Needs 1 more visit

I really hope I can squeeze out those last few ranks in time. I have a nasty feeling I'm going to come up one day short.

Ulong

Replaying persona 4 now, one thing that really strikes me is how much better stat gaining was handled. Just a quick "Your knowledge increased" message and you move on. In persona 5 cutting to the full graph of your stats every time, even when you've already maxed a stat, is a minor annoyance, but an annoyance all the same.

Ydelnae

7th Palace

Where is the IT President room? I think I figured out where it is but it says the ventilation access is too hot for the characters to get through

WolfeTone

7th Palace

Where is the IT President room? I think I figured out where it is but it says the ventilation access is too hot for the characters to get through

It's to the right of the vent on the side deck. You have to climb up the side of
the ship

Ultimadrago

I got my official Japanese artbook in the mail. It is fucking great!

Agreed! I love it. I didn't think it'd also have in-game graphic assets too such as the Tarot cards and character icons. I just wish it were hardcover. Supposedly Japan doesn't really do that much? Shame, but a great book though. Hopefully the Creator Comments are translated in the future.

Replaying persona 4 now, one thing that really strikes me is how much better stat gaining was handled. Just a quick "Your knowledge increased" message and you move on. In persona 5 cutting to the full graph of your stats every time, even when you've already maxed a stat, is a minor annoyance, but an annoyance all the same.
I agree. They should only bring up the graph when you level something up which would eliminate 90% of the cuts.

It's the
Futaba
influence, clearly.
thats why the story was so good, but from a design standpoint I liked
Central progression of the stairway, the detour to the village at the beginning, the constant question of who the actual enemy would be here, and the paintings with their puzzles

Agreed! I love it. I didn't think it'd also have in-game graphic assets too such as the Tarot cards and character icons. I just wish it were hardcover. Supposedly Japan doesn't really do that much? Shame, but a great book though. Hopefully the Creator Comments are translated in the future.
I bought mine back in February when I was in Japan. Still in the wrapping until I finish the game.

I also preordered the prima one since it was super cheap, but I'm expecting disappointment.

PK Gaming

I never understood why a lot of people dislike Yosuke of P4, he grows a lot. I don't know maybe it's his VA in english that made a him a perma goofer but in japanese his voice actor does make him sound mature more the story go on. Yes, he has his flaws but he isn't the goofer that you people on GAF pthink of.

Yosuke is pretty much my favorite Persona 4 character, and I enjoy him quite a bit.
He has an amazing social link and good chemistry with most of the cast. But he's a flawed character who doesn't really grow outside of his social link. The game writes off a lot of his questionable moments as "dumb teenager things" which is frustrating as hell. I actually vastly prefer Yuri Lowenthal's weary "loser high-school boy" voice over the more handsome JP voice.

mike6467

I agree. They should only bring up the graph when you level something up which would eliminate 90% of the cuts.

This gets really, really annoying when you've maxed everything. I've been fast forwarding through a lot of the school/train scenes where you answer questions/read. I know that's slice of life stuff that adds a lot of charm, but I think I do it because I know I'm going to have to endure the musical note spectacle.

Opa-Pa

The game has used the term "male dominated society" in serious contexts at least thrice now, which feels super odd in a game with the anime cutscenes this one has. It really does feel like it was written by two different teams at times lol.

I hate how this makes Ann such a weird character too, hmm.

My favorite thing about Yosuke is that no matter how much the others (especially Chie) treat him like shit, you always get the sense that he'd step in front of a bullet for any one of them. Even with his childish attitude towards Kanji, he still cares about the dude.

Too bad the only time the cast acknowledges him is Persona Q, and he doesnt even remember that.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My favorite thing about Yosuke is that no matter how much the others (especially Chie) treat him like shit, you always get the sense that he'd step in front of a bullet for any one of them. Even with his childish attitude towards Kanji, he still cares about the dude.

Too bad the only time the cast acknowledges him is Persona Q, and he doesnt even remember that.
Ryuji is the same way, honestly.

Here's an amazing cover of Life Will Change
:O

Yosuke is also my favorite persona 4 character, but I felt that scene in Q came out of nowhere, like what the fuck lol.
I dont remember the circumstances in Q, I just remember that I liked that yukiko and chie finally admitted an appreciation for him

Ryuji is the same way, honestly.
sortve. Morgana always treats him terribly, but the rest of the cast is a bit more middling. Ann even flirts with him at the beach

LiK

You guys must have had to really hunt to find when/where confidants were. Lol. I'm only halfway through the game but I've known all along.

Yea, pretty much. Probably why I missed some Confidants until they messaged me. But now I know for NG+!

Top Bottom