• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Yeah I've switched a few of the characters out of their official dungeon clothes too. Actually, all of the aesthetics surrounding the Phantom Thieves aspects are terrible and lame. EVERYBODY looks better just in normal clothes with the possible exception of Makoto, who looks borderline cool, but then she's out of place.

I'll probably just switch them all the next time I play.

I like MC's default as well as Yusuke's and Makoto's. Ryuji's okay but his school clothes are worse. Ann was a definite change for me - I wish it didn't pop back up in cut scenes too. Stupid catsuit.

I have calmed down a bit now and have already restarted the palace but man what a load of crap. And why it decides to tell you AFTER you have beat it is beyond me.

See its not jist the time spent in the palace its everything else I lost. All the time spent studying aNd building relationships. So frustrating.

So I just want to know what I need to do to avoid a situation like yours. Just kinda starting the game but what you went through sounds a little scary lol. In order to avoid it I just do the dungeon as quickly as possible?

Aspiring

So I just want to know what I need to do to avoid a situation like yours. Just kinda starting the game but what you went through sounds a little scary lol. In order to avoid it I just do the dungeon as quickly as possible?

Yup from what I have read and everyone told me jist complete it as soon as you can. I obviously tried to play fancy and it back fired. The game is great. But learn from my mistake.

gun_haver

I like MC's default as well as Yusuke's and Makoto's. Ryuji's okay but his school clothes are worse. Ann was a definite change for me - I wish it didn't pop back up in cut scenes too. Stupid catsuit.

MC, Ryuji and Makoto are the three that are closest to good for me, but even then...

Yusuke's is possibly my least favourite of them all. I hate that stupid fox mask, he's been in his normal clothes for months now. He looks pretty good running around in that purple shirt he wears.

Haru likewise - immediately changed. No thanks.

I think it's mostly the masks themselves I have a problem with. I know the creators think it's all pretty cool but it isn't. All of the suits except Ryuji's would be improved with the removal of the headgear.

I would never run Morgana over Makoto, it would ruin my party dynamic. I use Haru/Ann/Makoto

fortunately my all female squad works out really well in this game functionally anyway

I like that dynamic :) I predict this will be my party as well.

I think the phantom thieve costumes are cool, normal clothes are boring in comparison. Kinda takes me out of the vibe of infiltrating a dangerous dungeon.

Aenima

I like Morgana as my main healer. I guess I'm the minority here.

Morgana never left my party from start to end. Used him as main healer and his winds attacks deal alot of damage. Used Makoto as a support healer, in case Morgana got a status effect or KOd. The 4th party member was rotation between all other members depending on enemy weekness.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So whats up with theae transmute items? Im now in october and I still dont know

LiK

Morgana never left my party from start to end. Used him as main healer and his winds attacks deal alot of damage. Used Makoto as a support healer, in case Morgana got a status effect or KOd. The 4th party member was rotation between all other members depending on enemy weekness.

Makoto was a good additional healer. The Defense up magic was nice and of course, her magic speicalty was very useful for the most part. But I def liked switching my party around for the sake of diversity.

Yu Narukami

As much as I like the game, the pacing is not really good in this. They only feed you with little bits of the main story every 10 hours or so. It's worse than Trails of Cold Steel. I hope it gets better after the 4th Palace.

Rand6

When should I start doing quests in
mementos
?

I'm on 6/2,
do I have to do something to have more request?I have only done one (Beware of the Clingy Ex-Boyfriend) and I have one request pending (The Bark and Bite of a Bully).I want to do several at once and I'm waiting but nothing happen...

Ultimadrago

So whats up with theae transmute items? Im now in october and I still dont know

Well, if you: (Velvet Room Capabilities)
Use the Electric Chair on a certain Persona, you may get Equipment from them assuming you have a Black item to fuse. This is how you can get some of the strongest weapons/armor in the game. Different Persona net different things, usually focus on the highest base level ones. There is a guide, but it has some secret Persona spoilers.

Dragner

But that can be a negative since he'll only get his ultimate at the end of the game, regardless of what you do

Yeah ofc but you get most of the useful things earlier than with makoto that has most stuff locked behind a charm 5 requirement unless you commit to it from the beggining and that means leaving behind other useful SLs that are better early.

nOoblet16

I mean you can say the same for pretty much everyone for their element. Yea Morgana will do a bit more damage due to higher magic but he still is no match for Ann in terms of magic damage who is 2 steps above him due to her access to "severe" skill and concentrate. Makoto should do about the same magic damage as Morgana, infact more because Makoto has access a to severe skill while Morgana doesn't.

But for overall damage, Ryuji is uncontested and he is like 3 steps above Morgana when it comes to damage because not only does he gets charge (physical version of concentrate) but a "colossal" damage skill which is higher than "severe". Plus Ryuji gets all party attack up buff. Then there's Haru with her One shot kill which is another severe skill, with 59% passive damage bonus and all stat buff.

You would really lost out on damage by having both Morgana and Makoto in the party and keeping your main damage dealers fighting for the 4th spot.

gun_haver

When should I start doing quests in
mementos
?

I'm on 6/2,
do I have to do something to have more request?I have only done one (Beware of the Clingy Ex-Boyfriend) and I have one request pending (The Bark and Bite of a Bully).I want to do several at once and I'm waiting but nothing happen...

Just general light spoilers on when you get mementos requests through the game, nothing specific:

Most of them come through texts/general story progression and some come through confidants. I haven't found any through just wandering around and talking/listening to NPCs, so they seem pretty finite but there are enough of them that it is worth saving up a bunch before visiting. Unless there's a specific confidant you want to progress, it's generally best to go in with 3+ having been ID'd.

You will need to go out and do a small sidequest for some of them after the initial notification, changing their status from "?" to "ID'd!".

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Motherfuckers stop telling me to go to mementos, we dont even have any requests right now!

Aenima

You would really lost out on damage by having both Morgana and Makoto in the party and keeping your main damage dealers fighting for the 4th spot.

Worked well to me. Reached the final boss area around level 65. All enemies was "red" before the boss and i had no trouble defeating them all and the final boss at 1st try (Normal dificulty)

I never grinded for levels, never optimized persona skills for main char and never bought the best equipment in weapon store or healing items in clinic. All i used was what i grabed from Palaces and Mementos.

Im sure there are better party setups and strategies, but in Normal dificulty my party did his job well enough to find the game easy.

nOoblet16

Worked well to me. Reached the final boss area around level 65. All enemies was "red" before the boss and i had no trouble defeating them all and the final boss at 1st try (Normal dificulty)

I never grinded for levels, never optimized persona skills for main char and never bought the best equipment in weapon store or healing items in clinic. All i used was what i grabed from Palaces and Mementos.

Im sure there are better party setups and strategies, but in Normal dificulty my party did his job well enough to find the game easy.
Sure you might not have trouble but it doesn't mean it wouldn't be faster. For reference the minibosses near the end of the game get OHK by Ryuji, that's how much damage he does.

At the point you can take Ryuji and Ann out as neither has much utility available (could swap between Makoto and Ann but I assume you want to have the new character in your party). Later in the game though both Ryuji and Ann become incredible damage dealers while Makoto will completely take over the healing role from Morgana.

What about anything for Yen? Any suggestions? I'm battling but last night all my progress was curbed after being ambushed due to bad camera angles and I lost all my progress.

nOoblet16

What about anything for Yen? Any suggestions? I'm battling but last night all my progress was curbed after being ambushed due to bad camera angles and I lost all my progress.
You mean money? Just mementos. Sell treasures, excess gear, kill treasure demons and confuse mementos bosses. That's about all you can do.

I mean you can say the same for pretty much everyone for their element. Yea Morgana will do a bit more damage due to higher magic but he still is no match for Ann in terms of magic damage who is 2 steps above him due to her access to "severe" skill and concentrate. Makoto should do about the same magic damage as Morgana, infact more because Makoto has access a to severe skill while Morgana doesn't.

But for overall damage, Ryuji is uncontested and he is like 3 steps above Morgana when it comes to damage because not only does he gets charge (physical version of concentrate) but a "colossal" damage skill which is higher than "severe". Plus Ryuji gets all party attack up buff. Then there's Haru with her One shot kill which is another severe skill, with 59% passive damage bonus and all stat buff.

On Normal, it ended up not mattering for me, but I can see how it would make boss battles longer. I tend to prioritize defense so Morgana/Makoto worked out for me. Haru ended up being my regular third because bosses tend to target elemental weaknesses (fire/ice/elec/wind) more than force weaknesses (psi/nuke).

nOoblet16

...What does it matter?

Just use whoever you like using. The game isn't hard.
Yea well if you wanna be dismissive like then sure. We were discussing about party comp originally and I gave my opinion on party comp, so it's natural I'll follow up on that. It started out as "I like using Morgana because he does a lot of wind damage" and I just said how others do more. So if you really like keeping him for damage then surely it can't hurt to know that the options.

Also up the difficulty if you don't find the game hard, unless you don't want it to be hard..in which case it not being hard is your choice.

sense

So what is the best use case for captured treasure demons? Electric chair or fusion? Not sure I understand the advantages of fusion with them.

Rhaknar

"Mishima are you a NPC?"

D6l8fu1.gif

Aenima

Before going to mememtos or a palace, visit the fortune teller and ask for the money reading thing. Your "all out attacks" will get you double the cash in each battle. Plus sell all treasure items in the weapon/ armor store. You will be swimming in Yen in no time.

kewlmyc

Why does Joker's default costume have to be so good? Or better yet, why does the battle theme have to be tied to the MC's costumes. I want the P3 battle theme playing occasionally, but don't want to change MC's costume. :/

I bought the Ann theme because it looked so good, then Ann disappointed so I bought the Makoto theme because she was great... Then I met Futaba and I'm out $6 on themes

I actually got Ann's and Futaba's themes and avatars (3 each) from amazon, had no idea they'd send me a code when I made the pre-order.
Can't beat that Ann theme :p

Not running Ryuji is a mistake. He is the true beast if your party, Joker can match him in damage but he is better off being the party shaman.

It was hilarious to see late game mini bosses get OHK lol
Ryuji is a dude, he has no place in my party

I actually got Ann's and Futaba's themes and avatars (3 each) from amazon, had no idea they'd send me a code when I made the pre-order.
Can't beat that Ann theme :p
I preordered TYH on amazon and didnt get shit

Finally got yoshitsune on new game plus and he's still as broken as he was in persona 4 golden. Basically walked through the final boss with my eyes closed.

Aenima

. It started out as "I like using Morgana because he does a lot of wind damage" and I just said how others do more. So if you really like keeping him for damage then surely it can't hurt to know that the options.

Also up the difficulty if you don't find the game hard, unless you don't want it to be hard..in which case it not being hard is your choice.

Humm? What i said is that i use Morgana as my main healer. And he also does alot of wind damage but i dont use Morgana as a damage dealer. His role in my Party is to heal.

shinkai

Pro-tip for those that are near the end as a friend of mine didn't know about this and the last part of the game was harder then it should have been.

Once you leave the Velvet Room and get ready to fight Yadalbaoth remember that Lavenza will restore your HP and SP simply by talking to her. She functions like the Fox from Persona 4. There is one resting place before the final battle so it's a good idea to go back to her to restore your HP and SP.

Zakalwe

Banned
Do you ever get to actually play the games in the Arcade?

If so, when?

Spoiler tag answers please.

Humm? What i said is that i use Morgana as my main healer. And he also does alot of wind damage but i dont use Morgana as a damage dealer. His role in my Party is to heal.

His healing doesn't seem great so far, but I'm only on the forth month and he's got Media and a status effect nullifying one I forget the name of.

Healing items + another damage dealer seem to be much more effective so far.

Ryugi - Makoto - Yusuke being my current line up.

Before going to mememtos or a palace, visit the fortune teller and ask for the money reading thing. Your "all out attacks" will get you double the cash in each battle. Plus sell all treasure items in the weapon/ armor store. You will be swimming in Yen in no time.

Also, one of the Star confidant abilities will double your earnings from fights if you a) ambush the enemy and b) finish the fight before they get a turn. Alternatively, some of the Sun confidant abilities improves your negotiating abilities with demons, allowing you to milk more cash out of them. I found Sun a better option for me personally (partially because it then requires more strategy than just "hit weak spots --> all-out-attack -> repeat") but I haven't done any back-of-envelope calculations as to which is more effective. I would still guess Sun, just because fights that might net you 2,000 yen in battles could easily get you ten times that if you really luck out in negotiations. Like, the best-case scenario is as follows:

1) fight a mixed group of shadows
2) kill all except one, target the last one's weakness
3) negotiate, get the normal ask for money prompt (as opposed to the one in red)
4) when the shadow gives you money, demand more
5) repeat until shadow is pissed, hope it calls in more enemies
6) go back to step 2 and repeat as many times as you can before a) the shadow gives you money and leaves immediately (random chance of this happening), or b) dies (you have control over this one, have all your party members guard except for whoever can target weakness)

If you really want to abuse the system, there's also the confuse trick. Spoiler-tagged only in case you don't want to be tempted:
basically you find a miniboss enemy, like a Mementos request, that's susceptible to confuse, and then confuse it repeatedly while using a high-luck persona; every turn it'll just toss money at you.
I haven't tried the trick myself so I don't know if there are more specifics.

But also, you could just farm Mementos normally. I honestly didn't find cash that hard to come by in the game, the only reason I cared is because you can always, always, ALWAYS spend cash on more stuff.

Top Bottom