• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I spent 30 bucks yesterday. So I already spent 50 bucks... And I just got myself another 50 PSN card..

The Persona's are totally worth the money. You get high level Personas for 0 YEN, the first time, which is crazy. I haven't taken them out though yet, I think I take them early in NG+

As far as the costume DLC goes.. I have mixed feelings about paying 7 bucks for each. Considering they aren't that great (except some examples), Yusuke for example. He has no good dlc costume, in my opinion, I might just stick with the regular fox.

The music is good though but it still comes with a cost, you have to wear stupid clothes, there should be an option in the menu to change the music.

Last thing the accessories. They are suprisingly good actually. Especially those which dropped yesterday. Though, I already have SP3 accessories for all my party members.. so I still might not use them.

I like that that's his thing. When people actually say that word, you know shit is real. There is a surprising amount of cursing in this game.

Though the most of it isn't actually voiced.

_Ryo_

Do you ever get to actually play the games in the Arcade?

If so, when?

Spoiler tag answers please.

His healing doesn't seem great so far, but I'm only on the forth month and he's got Media and a status effect nullifying one I forget the name of.

Healing items + another damage dealer seem to be much more effective so far.

Ryugi - Makoto - Yusuke being my current line up.

9/19

I kept trying to win that
Jackfrost doll
in the Arcade in
Akihabara
but kept losing. I don't think it's possible.

I tried gaf but fuck this peice of shit game. I sit through 11 hours of my first Persona. I level up and do studies earn money for better equipment. I have 2 days left in the first dungeon. I realised I didn't have enough hp so I left to buy things but because if the dumb fuck day night system it skips time and doesn't let me do a thing. So anyway i have 1 day left. Thats fine because I can still beat the dungeon. I slog through and get to the end. ONLY FOR IT TO BOOT ME OUT AND TELL ME COME BACK THE NEXT DAY !!!!! SO INSTANT FAIL SENDS ME BACK 6 HPURS OF GAME TIME! What a fucking peice of shit. Why give a certain amount of days but than not warn you ypu need a certain amount to beat them or you know bring the amount forward? Make me complete by a certain time? Or even better why not tell me I need to send a calling card BEFORE I GO IN THE FUCKING DUNGEON?!?!

I'm so fucking pissed right now. What a miserable time. Like the game all you want but this is not good game design. Gonna sleep on this fucking g shit and if I wake up still pissed its getting traded.
I'm laughing, but I had the same thing happen to me. I felt so fucking defeated and almost wanted to take a break from the game but I feel like my replay of the events was better than my initial play and in fact I did find two treasure chests that I didn't initially see in the palace.

It was nice to see what happens when you run out of days though. The game is still beautiful but I still feel overwhelmed as fuck with what is available to me.

Spman2099

I bought the Persona 1 costumes. They look great. The music is great. I love them... but I hate how much I spent on them.

I won't buy any more. I would have bought them all, Atlus, but instead you will only get this one DLC purchase out of me. If they had cost half as much you would have gotten WAY more money out of me.

Eblo

Urgent question: if I clear (December spoilers)
Shido's Palace
before the deadline, will the calendar skip ahead? It's looking like I can't progress certain confidants for the time being, so I assume they would become available after doing my business. But I'm not sure.

Urgent question: if I clear (December spoilers) S
hido's
P
alace
before the deadline, will the calendar skip ahead? It's looking like I can't progress certain confidants for the time being, so I assume they would become available after doing my business. But I'm not sure.

Time never skips ahead for any palace, so you will be fine.

Urgent question: if I clear (December spoilers) S
hido's
P
alace

it wont skip ahead

Ok so far I've done 4 palaces.

This is my ranking so far:

Futaba Palace
Kamoshida Palace
Madarame Palace
Kaneshiro Palace

I think the dungeons are really improved for a Persona game and you still have the random generated one too.

Though for a JRPG game these days, the Palaces/Dungeons are all weak, to be honest.

mike6467

I'm romancing all the slinks I've got available, and I can't say it wasn't weird when (temperance/star minor spoilers)
I had a Shogi lesson in my room while Kawakami was downstairs making curry...

I bought the Persona 1 costumes. They look great. The music is great. I love them... but I hate how much I spent on them.

I won't buy any more. I would have bought them all, Atlus, but instead you will only get this one DLC purchase out of me. If they had cost half as much you would have gotten WAY more money out of me.

This is how I feel about the Catherine costumes. I'm going to be done with the game by the time they come out, but I'll pick them up for my NG+ run. $7 still feels high though, and I'd be buying a lot more of these if they'd priced them lower.

Edit: Quick question about December.
How much of Mementos do I need to take care of before 12/24 (which I read was the last day to deal with slinks)? I got spoiled on the not surprising fact that you end up in there later for story reasons, but I'm wondering if I need to throw an afternoon at them before then.

Ydelnae

12/23

Is the Mementos dungeon supposed to be very long? I have a headache right now but I want to finish the game today

Mendrox

12/23

Is the Mementos dungeon supposed to be very long? I have a headache right now but I want to finish the game today

Do you mean getting down Mementos or the dungeon itself? I finished the dungeon itself in about 20 minutes, but I also was able to instantely kill every mob. It didn't feel long though, but if you are talking about the way down...your own fault for not doing it earlier :D

The worst part is Morgana
repeatedly telling you "the treasure is just beyond that door!". Bullshit, I can see there's tons more to do on the map you stupid cat!
I need to start making smokescreen bombs I'm burning myself out in this dungeon. Whoever thought up the
lunch time portion
I would love to have a detailed talk with

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
5th palace music is easily my favourite.

Also for those who have completed the game, what level where you when you finished?

Still loving this game. Easily my GOTY

Ydelnae

Do you mean getting down Mementos or the dungeon itself? I finished the dungeon itself in about 20 minutes, but I also was able to instantely kill every mob. It didn't feel long though, but if you are talking about the way down...your own fault for not doing it earlier :D

I was talking about the dungeon itself, the Prison of Regression. I've been in here for 1 hour already lol

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Finally Erudite... Am I good enough for you now
Hifume
? ;_;

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
October, end of 5th arc

This
Not-Disneyland party totally feels like the calm before the storm
:(

Hero

Just did about half the fourth palace. I like how this one has changed up the formula a little bit.

Excited to play more tonight!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
So is the DLC music on in battle if even just one of your members has on a dlc outfit or is it just the Hero? If it is the former, how does it decide which song to pick?

Either way, implementing a system like Tales of has of being able to disable the dlc music would be nice.

LotusHD

Banned
I tried gaf but fuck this peice of shit game. I sit through 11 hours of my first Persona. I level up and do studies earn money for better equipment. I have 2 days left in the first dungeon. I realised I didn't have enough hp so I left to buy things but because if the dumb fuck day night system it skips time and doesn't let me do a thing. So anyway i have 1 day left. Thats fine because I can still beat the dungeon. I slog through and get to the end. ONLY FOR IT TO BOOT ME OUT AND TELL ME COME BACK THE NEXT DAY !!!!! SO INSTANT FAIL SENDS ME BACK 6 HPURS OF GAME TIME! What a fucking peice of shit. Why give a certain amount of days but than not warn you ypu need a certain amount to beat them or you know bring the amount forward? Make me complete by a certain time? Or even better why not tell me I need to send a calling card BEFORE I GO IN THE FUCKING DUNGEON?!?!

I'm so fucking pissed right now. What a miserable time. Like the game all you want but this is not good game design. Gonna sleep on this fucking g shit and if I wake up still pissed its getting traded.

kPsVzU6.png

These people do exist!

Do they continue to exist after reaching the 6th palace though?

kewlmyc

So is the DLC music on in battle if even just one of your members has on a dlc outfit or is it just the Hero? If it is the former, how does it decide which song to pick?

Either way, implementing a system like Tales of has of being able to disable the dlc music would be nice.

MC costume only. Both series could just have you pick the music separate from the costumes, but I guess that's too hard. Not like P3FES had this before or anything. :/

nOoblet16

So I reduced the difficulty to safety mode for NG+ as I was expecting it to allow me to level up quicker and don't have to pay ridiculous amount of money for high level personas.

But what I wasn't expecting was 3x more money

CHZjjLrh.jpg

PK Gaming

The DLC costumes are 10 dollars a pop for us Canadians. Buying 3 sets would cost 30 dollars which is hysterical. Where are the bundles at?

At least there's free DLC coming soon... several weeks from now ~_~

LiK

So I reduced the difficulty to safety mode for NG+ sas I was expecting it to allow me to level up quicker and don't have to pay ridiculous amount of money for high level personas.

But what I wasn't expecting was 3x more money

CHZjjLrh.jpg

shit, maybe i'll do that. I went Easy again and I just wanna get through it quickly. Guess I'll have to redo the tutorial shit again.

shmoglish

God, I am in love with this game. One of the rate games that I dont want to end. And I really have no idea what to play after P5. Cancelled my plans of starting Nier:Automata, will need something less emotional to play.

And I absolutely need a subtle Persona tattoo 🤔

Miang

spoilers for 11/21 do not click if you are not past this point!

I know I'm not at the end so there could be another twist, but wow Akechi was so obviously the Adachi. I was actually expecting him being evil to be a red herring as it was so telegraphed. Still enjoying it though, let's see where it goes from here. Not looking forward to this dungeon from some of the comments here lol.

Top Bottom