• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdLin

Neo Member
So I went to go buy/download P3P with my 10 dollar credit but as it turns out it costs $20 while FES is $10. What the fuck digital pricing is this?

Hey, at least you aren't trying to get Persona 2 IS, that runs you a cool $30.

cjkeats

You know, the story in Persona 1 isn't half bad. I would love to see these characters return again
and given the theories buddha has, some of them just may
lQjA1lt.jpg

Giant thanks to buddha for streaming that entire game for us. On to the Snow Queen Quest!

Young Magus

You know, the story in Persona 1 isn't half bad. I would love to see these characters return again
lQjA1lt.jpg

Giant thanks to buddha for streaming that entire game for us. On to the Snow Queen Quest!

Agree, story was pretty good and had a few good spots in it. Characters were interesting and fun. Again, thanks Buddha for the stream.

Omikaru

Even Arena had some nice endings. I liked the ending to Aigis' story, for one. I think given the overall quality of Arena's story -- and the fact that a lot of characters felt like caricatures of themselves, and as such the scenarios they were placed in felt kinda cynical -- it was probably the most sincere one.

But Persona 3 has my favourite ending. And I mean 'The Journey', not 'The Answer'.

Dantis

Even Arena had some nice endings. I liked the ending to Aigis' story, for one. I think given the overall quality of Arena's story -- and the fact that a lot of characters felt like caricatures of themselves, and as such the scenarios they were placed in felt kinda cynical -- it was probably the most sincere one.

But Persona 3 has my favourite ending. And I mean 'The Journey', not 'The Answer'.

Arena's endings didn't give any real sense of completeness. They were just like "Eh, whatever".

I don't know which I like more out of P3 and P4's endings. Probably P4's. It's absolutely perfect.

Everyone eventually learns that Rise is the best.

Chie is the best of the female cast, Yosuke is the best of the male cast.

That Nanako is a talking figure. Pull a string on her back and she says various phrases, including:
'Every day's great at your Junes!'
'Welcome home, big bro!'
and 'Man-whore!'

Lunar15

Arena's endings didn't give any real sense of completeness. They were just like "Eh, whatever".

I don't know which I like more out of P3 and P4's endings. Probably P4's. It's absolutely perfect.

Chie is the best of the female cast, Yosuke is the best of the male cast.

Never found myself warming up to chie as much as others, although I still really love her and the role she fills. On my first playthrough I found Yukiko to actually be my favorite female character, mainly because her arc kind of resonated with me on some level. (family business vs. your own thing)

Second playthrough, however, I think I noticed more about Rise and really opened up to her arc. First time through she comes off a little strong, but second time through I expected it and realized what a diverse, warm character she turns out to be. Also, Lauren Bailey.

Also hell yeah, Yosuke. Fuck tha' haters. A lot of people like to pit him against Junpei, but I love both of them. They're both fantastic sidekicks to a silent protagonist and play to the percieved "strengths" of each one. P3's protagonist is passive, he gives off a relaxed air. Junpei, in turn, is an aggressive emotional. His emotions focus towards trying to find a girlfriend. P4's protagonist is "cool", very stylish and collected, and therefore Yosuke is someone who tries to imitate that, but never really matches it. His emotional aggressiveness comes out in the form of pursuing the case, trying to be a hero. I just like how both of them come to terms with their "player 2" status.

Kanji is probably my favorite male character though. I just love the tough guys with soft spots trope, and they do it particularly well with Kanji. Also, Troy Baker.

Venfayth

Hmm, I want but it's all on Twitch, need to figure out how to export it and shit

• Use http://www.twitchtools.com/ to get a list of all the parts
  • Import the list into a download manager, if you can, you'll want to rename them by part to keep them in order
  • Use Handbrake to convert the .flv files into .mp4's (just use the default settings)
  • Use Sony Vegas (I'd avoid Adobe Premiere if you can, it seems to have issues with audio synchronization when dealing with twitch VODs) to edit the video and to render the final product
  • Upload to Youtube
  • Monetize
  • Profit!

PK Gaming

lQjA1lt.jpg

Atlus really knows how to make great ensembles. I've only had limited exposure to these character and already like them.

Meia

I didn't get enough of the 1 cast to form an opinion of them either way from playing the game. :(

They wasted more than half a game on nonsense before they actually started feeling like they were together. The last 25% of it all was great, and just made me angry when it was over. Why the hell couldn't the game have started out that way?

I didn't get enough of the 1 cast to form an opinion of them either way from playing the game. :(

They wasted more than half a game on nonsense before they actually started feeling like they were together. The last 25% of it all was great, and just made me angry when it was over. Why the hell couldn't the game have started out that way?

Because it's the very first and and it was 1996, I feel like people going into that game forget that this was their very first attempt at it. You can see the lessons they learned applies in P2IS and EP

Guys, if I do upload the story, would you guys want me to cut everything out except the story, dialog, the boss battles, and the persona summon scenes? Or have everything.

Venfayth

She perma self banned

Guys, if I do upload the story, would you guys want me to cut everything out except the story, dialog, the boss battles, and the persona summon scenes? Or have everything.

That all sounds fine. I won't really watch any of the battles outside the boss battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom