• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Her poems suck. Like seriously suck.

Also started P1 a few minutes ago. Spent 10 minutes looking for the Hospital. This is getting off to a good start.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Her poems suck. Like seriously suck.

Also started P1 a few minutes ago. Spent 10 minutes looking for the Hospital. This is getting off to a good start.

Plowed through p1 last week, and I also got stuck a bit finding the hospital. Easy to not realize you can move off screen in the map.

Playing through p2 now and despite the better story/characters, the gameplay was strangely more accessible and user friendly in p1. P1 combat moves at a blistering pace with zero loading and fast tapping through animations and negotiations. P2 is way too sluggish and a considerable chore even with the skip option. Think I much prefer fusing personas in p1 over collecting cards too. Even using a guide to help prevent wasted grinding, I'm really finding p2 to have possibly the worst combat structure in an rpg. Shame, as it has a lot to love outside of the gameplay, but I hate playing it right now. P1 didn't bother me nearly as much.

Meia

Watch it. Pacific Rim was awesome.

Was there another decent movie this summer (besides Wolverine), btw?

Star Trek, Superman(not sure why it got the reviews it did), loved Despicable Me 2(loved the first one though). Still have Kick Ass 2 in a few weeks.

For p1, the name of the game is getting personas that null most magics and are weak to physical. Then just socket in a good spell for them with stones and you're good to go(give Maki's an aoe healing spell for the same reason).

For P2, combat is a lot faster when you figure out fusion spells. There's a great spoiler free guide perfect for it. Can breeze through the game like that(used a very easy to use AoE fire spell from the school through more than halfway through the game). Demon repel or nulls fire? Well then, that's when I talk to them first. :p

The World's End is going to knock everyone's socks off in a couple weeks. It's the only movie I see myself enjoying more than Pacific Rim for the rest of the year.

Taruranto

Marie is like these original fanfiction characters written by 12 years old girls who self-insert into the story on fanfiction.net.

Marie? More like Marie Sue.

jaxword

So retrodynamics set up a new P4A askblog
tumblr_mqv5mzcy6t1sagetbo2_250.png
tumblr_mqv5mzcy6t1sagetbo3_250.png

tumblr_mqv5mzcy6t1sagetbo4_250.png
tumblr_mqv5mzcy6t1sagetbo5_250.png

tumblr_mqv5mzcy6t1sagetbo1_500.png

tumblr_mqv5mzcy6t1sagetbo6_500.png

I'm beside myself with joy

I don't get this, is there a joke? I just see three panels.

Meia

I don't get this, is there a joke? I just see three panels.

Mitsuru has a new fluffy white fur jacket just as Koro, a white fluffy dog, goes missing. Hilarity ensues as conclusions are jumped to.

And now I almost hate the ponytail Fuuka has as I can totally see her absently stroking it as a nervous tick as she does here.

Question: In the P3P side quests you get in the Velvet Room, am I really supposed to farm the rare chests and just hope that they drop the item in the quests for each block? I have opened about 4 so far in the first block and have yet to get the Juzumaru.

Yes, they're terrible and not worth doing.

Paches

Question: In the P3P side quests you get in the Velvet Room, am I really supposed to farm the rare chests and just hope that they drop the item in the quests for each block? I have opened about 4 so far in the first block and have yet to get the Juzumaru.

Yes, they're terrible and not worth doing.

The 100% completion-ist in me just cried.

Trigger

Yeah, rare swords are in rare chests (the gold ones) only. These kinds of things are easier to do on unstable Tartarus days.

Meia

Yeah, rare swords are in rare chests (the gold ones) only. These kinds of things are easier to do on unstable Tartarus days.

Yeah, if you MUST go for completion(I did it once too), this is how you do it. People even broke down which floors are the most likely to wield a sword on an accident, so you can increase you're rather crappy odds of success. :p

Just make sure as a completionist you don't miss out on a day you need to get something from someone for a quest, as you only have one shot at it.

jaxword

Mitsuru has a new fluffy white fur jacket just as Koro, a white fluffy dog, goes missing. Hilarity ensues as conclusions are jumped to.

That's weird, is there supposed to be a second panel there that says "Where's Koro" or something? It just looks like 3 panels in a weird L-shape.

Meia

That's weird, is there supposed to be a second panel there that says "Where's Koro" or something? It just looks like 3 panels in a weird L-shape.

The first part is a 4 panel image, are you just missing like most of that or something? Aigis asks Fuuka in the very second panel if she's seen Koro at all recently, and third panel is saying he's been missing for a bit. :p

I like Marie's design. I even liked her personality. Just needed to actually be in the game.

jaxword

The first part is a 4 panel image, are you just missing like most of that or something? Aigis asks Fuuka in the very second panel if she's seen Koro at all recently, and third panel is saying he's been missing for a bit. :p

This is what I see:

rHHDzT5.png

I don't have anything blocked.

Venfayth

Everything about Marie is awesome except her S. Link, which I actually consider to be one of the least important things in the entire game.

It's too bad it's required for you see the rest of her story stuff.

Squire

Banned
The only other films releasing this year that I'm really anticipating (at least that I can remember right now) are Catching Fire and American Hustle.

So how is P4G in comparison to P4?

I already own P4 on Ps2, is it worth getting a vita just for the extra crap?

Is the extra crap any good?

Trigger

So how is P4G in comparison to P4?

I already own P4 on Ps2, is it worth getting a vita just for the extra crap?

Is the extra crap any good?

P4G is the definitive version of the game now. It's worth it if you were already considering buying a PSVita. The new stuff is all pretty good. There are only a few minor quibbles with concern to taste and silliness.

Sophia

Yup most likely gonna quit this job

That bad on your feet huh? :(

2 hours into Persona

...ugh, hoping it gets better. Still not sure how the contact works.

There are four different emotions a demon can have, corresponding to what you do during contacts. Each emotion has a different outcome depending on which one is maxed out. Happiness will usually result in an item, Curiosity/Eager results in a tarot card for use in the Velvet Room, Anger will usually result in the demon attacking you, and Fear will make the demon run away from you. Each demon has it's own personality, and sometimes the conditions can change. For example if a demon asks if you're faking your crying, and you respond yes, then the demon may get mad at you the first time, but after that if the question comes up again in future battles it might change to curiosity.

Ideally, you're looking to max out both Happiness and Eager at the same time, as this will result in you usually getting both an item and a card. The best way to do this is to find out which options cause the two, then get Happiness to 3 (one short of being maxed out), then use eager until it maxes out.

kewlmyc

That bad on your feet huh? :(

There are four different emotions a demon can have, corresponding to what you do during contacts. Each emotion has a different outcome depending on which one is maxed out. Happiness will usually result in an item, Curiosity/Eager results in a tarot card for use in the Velvet Room, Anger will usually result in the demon attacking you, and Fear will make the demon run away from you. Each demon has it's own personality, and sometimes the conditions can change. For example if a demon asks if you're faking your crying, and you respond yes, then the demon may get mad at you the first time, but after that if the question comes up again in future battles it might change to curiosity.

Ideally, you're looking to max out both Happiness and Eager at the same time, as this will result in you usually getting both an item and a card. The best way to do this is to find out which options cause the two, then get Happiness to 3 (one short of being maxed out), then use eager until it maxes out.
Thanks.

LET'S GET FUNKY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom