• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

You joke, but I bet we could get purchasable party members. Nothing to do with the story or anything, just there for kicks. Characters from old games or something.

If that were to be the case I only hope they don't make them horrifically overpowered like in SMT IV.

Raphael hasn't left my Party since I fused him

It's less a question for me of "what" and more of "quality". P4 is along with Trails one of those that should have lifted up other light JRPG narratives, not be at risk of being drug down to weaker one's level. If I wanted that sort of thing, I have far more options to choose from.

Persona 5 is now a mobile F2P game. Random social links and party members for $3.99 each.

This ain't funny no more.

Caladrius

It's less a question for me of "what" and more of "quality". P4 is along with Trails one of those that should have lifted up other light JRPG narratives, not be at risk of being drug down to weaker one's level. If I wanted that sort of thing, I have far more options to choose from.

This ain't funny no more.

Only because there's a nonzero chance of something like that actually happening.

Dantis

Really, Persona 5 should be their best game. The realist in me says that it's very unlikely that P5 will be tonally similar to Golden and Arena, especially considering the extremely high quality of Catherine's writing (Easily their best game yet in that regard).

I think P3P showed how much they've learned. S Links had some small bearing on the story, Shinjiro's S Link included the full party in an unobtrusive way, Saori's S Link was incredibly depressing and serious and by this point Soejima is deliberately going out of his way to design fashionable, cool characters.

Golden and Arena were something to tide people over whilst the big boys worked on something meaningful.

Of course I could be wrong and robot girls and hot springs and kawaii are all that awaits us.

I shall stick with my original beliefs and claims. Persona 5 for the PS3/Vita. Believe!

Still say there's no chance of a Vita port on day 1. No chance.

Sophia

I think P3P showed how much they've learned. S Links had some small bearing on the story, Shinjiro's S Link included the full party in an unobtrusive way, Saori's S Link was incredibly depressing and serious and by this point Soejima is deliberately going out of his way to design fashionable, cool characters.

Well we can agree on that. Everyone in Persona 3/4 dresses pretty fashionably. Special mention to the fact that he actually paid attention to skin tone. No cool toned characters wearing warm-toned colors or silly things like characters wearing blatantly contrasting colors.

(I'm still amazed by the fact that Time and Eternity's two protagonists wear an outfit that fits neither of them. That is an accomplishment in awful character design. :D)

Dantis

The characters have gotten more fashionable as they've gone on. Portable's, Catherine's and Golden's (New costumes) were all incredibly stylish. 3's are easily the least stylish (Minus P3MC).

I'm expecting P5's characters to look cool as fuck.

EDIT: I mean just look at this. And then look at like, anything else in a videogame.

2103600-yukiko_winter.jpg

Caladrius

I have a hard time getting hyped for games before I get to play them. It's just that the parts of a game that I like the most are usually either little in the scheme of things or never get showcased beforehand.

Sophia

EDIT: I mean just look at this. And then look at like, anything else in a videogame.

can't find an image of it off the top of my head, but I've always been partial to Rise's casual outfits. They look like something a girl would actually wear.

I have a hard time getting hyped for games before I get to play them. It's just that the parts of a game that I like the most are usually either little in the scheme of things or never get showcased beforehand.

Good word of mouth is always the biggest hype factor for me. I can always tell when a game is going to do well cuz it'll reach my ears naturally instead of me having to go seek it out.

Squire

Banned

I could see that. I guess for me, it's more that I become a fan of someone's work.

I don't need to know that much about The Evil Within to be excited about it because I love Shinji Mikami's games. I apply the same logic to everything else.

This comes after consistency though; the person in question has to have repateadly done things I like for me to be excited at their involvement alone.

Dantis said:

This. *high-five*

Yukiko's boring though, bro.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I imagine I'd hate the PS1 version, but I really enjoyed the PSP one.

PSP one is just the PSX version with a few redone graphics, better translation, no censorship (Mark), and the Snow Queen quest not dummied.

(Oh and the 3D City map is gone in the PSP version which isn't a big deal since it was kinda bad)

kewlmyc

I shall stick with my original beliefs and claims. Persona 5 for the PS3/Vita. Believe!

Still say there's no chance of a Vita port on day 1. No chance.

It's on 3DS guys, come on. Nintendo's buying Atlus. All they make are 3DS games anyway!

Anyone else hoping for a Vita-exclusive Persona 5?

I swear that we go over this every 2 days or so.

Sega's going to buy Atlus and we'll get P5 on the Dreamcast.

Caladrius

Anyone else hoping for a Vita-exclusive Persona 5?

Like Sophia I'm hoping for Sony Multiplat. Even as a Vita owner I wouldn't want it to be a handheld exclusive. It's not completely unfeasible considering that Japan is mostly going mobile, but I feel like it would be better realized on a console.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The characters have gotten more fashionable as they've gone on. Portable's, Catherine's and Golden's (New costumes) were all incredibly stylish. 3's are easily the least stylish (Minus P3MC).

She has no arms.

PK Gaming

Wait, when does she wear that again?

Marche90

I feel like I stepped right in into OT1 again...

Anyway, the other day I was musing over selling my 3DS to buy a PS3, since I feel like this year my gaming habits will decrease, but I'm way too attached to that console to do that (plus, I still have many games to play yet). Maybe I'll try selling the Wii, since I rarely use it myself...

though I have the feeling that my sister will murder me if I do that, since she loves her Glee Karaoke games way too much, ugh...

Squire

Banned
WgFCWSq.jpg

I kinda want that shift, but it might be a little too metro for me.

I could role up the sleeves and pull out the rose though, hmmm.

Caladrius

Teddieswag.jpg

I kinda want that shift, but it might be a little too metro for me.

I could roll up the sleeves and pull out the rose though, hmmm.

I'd either get rid of the frills or put a vest over it. The shirt looks nice otherwise

If Teddie didn't look so young he'd look suave as hell.

Is there no way to have the US version check my Japan fantranslation PSX save or at least use Gameshark codes to input the information from either my fantranslation or the official translation of IS into it from the start?

If not: The Karma Ring is able to be gotten normally, right? Same with the falmenco contact? Losing the Lucky Cat and Fusion Spells and Events isn't a big deal (okay the last one is a bit of a big deal but...) but I'd really want the items and contacts. :/

Also the translation is pretty rough coming from the fan translation and official translation of IS on PSP. I know it's a 1999 game but damn. Some typos in it as well.

The Carma ring can be obtained by killing Alice in the final door of the Bomb Shelter, which opens up when you reach the final dungeon. The ring also transfers to a new game for some reason.

Dantis

can't find an image of it off the top of my head, but I've always been partial to Rise's casual outfits. They look like something a girl would actually wear.

To be honest, I feel like that applies to most of the outfits for most of the characters.

This. *high-five*

Yukiko's boring though, bro.

Boring character, amaaaaaazing design.

Yukiko probably has my favourite design in the game. When I first turned it on, I was like "She's definitely going to be my favourite character".

WRONG.

Boring character, amaaaaaazing design.

Yukiko probably has my favourite design in the game. When I first turned it on, I was like "She's definitely going to be my favourite character".

WRONG.
I'd say my favourite P4 design is Margaret. Man, she just oozes class.

Guys

Guys

I found out the meaning of life:

It's Persona 4.
I thought it was to pursue the title of -ninja, the ultimate status a person can achieve.

Meia

Chie all the way, as I was a male version of that in high school 15 years ago.

...and now that I realized it's 15 years already I need to find the nearest bridge to jump from, excuse me.

Also working on my third week stocking shelves overnight at a supermarket, respect for Yosuke +10000. I can even totally understand why he's a jerk sometimes!

Caladrius

Yukiko would be my favorite character except she's a bit too much like me.

I felt the same way. She's my favorite out of the girls (I liked Naoto's personality and central issue but what they did with her character arc irked the hell out of me.)

My votes go to Kanji and Teddie. And the cabbage.

Daimaou

Yukiko is my favorite for personal reasons I discussed in the last thread. Rise is probably a bit better realized, though, as far as the girls go.

I agree with Buddha that Kanji is the overall best.

Taruranto

Naoto is a fucking giant exposition tool.

Once
she
(omg!?) joins the party the quality of the writing drops significantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom