• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

Not that I want to get on this debate again, but there's a lot of people that feel it isn't explicitly stated.

Sure sure, but it's still a minority.

And the game does explicitly state it, with both Kanji and Naoto. The only argument is that it's a cop-out and misleading. Which is fine to believe, though I wouldn't agree.

It's like in the 80's when MTV was terrified to show Michael Jackson's videos on TV because they were afraid it would alienate white people.

Atlus shouldn't be expected to do it of course, they're not obligated to do anything. However not putting in a LGBT character just for the fear of alienating fans would be really unfortunate, and pathetic.

I mean, if they want to do it, more power to them. I just don't think that they will.

I should point out that I'm talking specifically about a trans character arc. I think a gay, lesbian or bi character is inevitable at some point.

Sure sure, but it's still a minority.

And the game does explicitly state it, with both Kanji and Naoto. The only argument is that it's a cop-out and misleading. Which is fine to believe, though I wouldn't agree.

I mean, if they want to do it, more power to them. I just don't think that they will.

I should point out that I'm talking specifically about a trans character arc. I think a gay, lesbian or bi character is inevitable at some point.

I honestly don't see a trans character arc completely out of the realm of possibility, I mean they've dealt with the subject in one way or another in a multitude of games, it actually seems like a logical next step.

Trigger

Like Jun? :p

Aside from those three? Vic? I'm sure he's busy too. (And I'm sure you guys probably have reasons for not wanting him on.)

Why wouldn't they want him on? From what I've heard, he's a nice guy who likes to support his fans (which I will be able to confirm or deny by the end of the month ^_^).

Derek Stephen Prince, Grant George, Johnny Yong Bosch and maaaaaaybe Travis Willingham (as cool as he is, he only played a supporting role in one game) are all good choices for male VAs to interview, if you need more options.

Squire

Banned
Holy crap I JUST got it

AA_Franziska_von_Karma_Courtsey.gif

Levito

Banned
I'm not Levito, I won't get drunk.

Pfft you wouldn't have even known I was drinking had I not put in the 'hidden' sutff at the end of the podcast!

I've kind of been thinking about limiting the amount of people to just 4 again. I've noticed in editing that episodes with 5 tend to have a lot of overlap(People talking over each other) and weird pauses cause Skype is garbage.

We'll see though, picking people for panellists often puts me in an awkward position. >.<

Yeah, I'm actually hoping people suggest more men. I think we're one actress away from people throwing around "WaifuCast".

That doesn't really seem fair, we've had 2 voice actors on: Erin and Sam, and I tried getting Yuri on but he never responded. :p

Basically, if someone says yes, then it's a go!

Why wouldn't they want him on? From what I've heard, he's a nice guy who likes to support his fans

I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but I'm not for it either. I was a fan of Vic's for a long time, but then I read more and more about his con behaviour, he moved into "I appreciate his work but don't care for the individual himself" territory.

He's one of those "being gay is a sin" Bible thumping Christians that's actively called out a fellow voice actor(Greg Aryes) for being gay. He also does creepy pedo shit, often kisses a lot of girls 1/4th his age at conventions, for pictures and lolz you see.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hmm... are the rumors in Persona 2: EP different from IS where you only get one set and don't need to choose if an store is higher/lower priced and that's final? Because if so that's so much better than the IS system.

PK Gaming

2-2ani-maya-cute.gif

Oh yeah, remember you tackling the Ace Attorney trilogy a while back. I take it you're enjoying it :)

Levito said:
I'm not completely opposed to the idea, but I'm not for it either. I was a fan of Vic's for a long time, but then I read more and more about his con behaviour, he moved into "I appreciate his work but don't care for the individual himself" territory.

He's one of those "being gay is a sin" Bible thumping Christians that's actively called out a fellow voice actor(Greg Aryes) for being gay. He also does creepy pedo shit, often kisses a lot of girls 1/4th his age at conventions, for pictures and lolz you see.

A good deal of that is lies and slander though.

He actually addresses this in a panel.

Squire

Banned
That doesn't really seem fair, we've had 2 voice actors on: Erin and Sam, and I tried getting Yuri on but he never responded. :p

Basically, if someone says yes, then it's a go!

I agree with you, I just wanted to point it out! :b

Yeah, I have no desire to speak with Vic. Didn't want to speak for Levito, but I figured he'd say what I was thinking and he did.

I was a fan of his work years before even hearing about Persona, since I love FMA, but yeah, no thanks.

Great actor; underwhelming human being.

2-2ani-maya-cute.gif

Oh yeah, remember you tackling the Ace Attorney trilogy a while back. I take it you're enjoying it :)

Dude, are you kidding? I love it! One of my favorite series now, for sure. I'm doing the last case of AA2 now and it's living up to the hype so far.

I love Franziska (Can you tell?) My favorite prosecutor so far. The back-and-forth between her and Phoenix is so excellent. She's written really well.

That's... disheartening. Yeah, maybe having him on wouldn't be a good idea.

Man, I'm not even sure if I want to get his autograph any more :<

Really? You need to read up on him bro. He does support his female fans if you catch my drift. Sleazebag.

Everything I've heard about him I've heard from friends and family who have met him at conventions. I'm going to go do some reading right now though...

PK Gaming

Dude, are you kidding? I love it! One of my favorite series now, for sure. I'm doing the last case of AA2 now and it's living up to the hype so far.

I love Franziska (Can you tell?) My favorite prosecutor so far. The back-and-forth between her and Phoenix is so excellent. She's written really well.

Ace Attorney is just one of those franchises that you NEED to get into. I'm glad you jumped on the train. And yeah Franziska is pretty awesome (my jaw dropped when she introduced herself as Manfred vonKarma's daughter) and the 4th case in AA2 is arguably my favorite case in the series.

Squire

Banned
That video is atrocious. And I don't mean the quality.

Vic is, like, straight politician in that video. The only thing it verifies is that he does indeed hate yaoi, which certainly betrays a homophobic tendency.

Levito

Banned

Did you intentionally refer to me as "Levite"? :p

That video was incredibly awkward, he's coming off as someone that got caught.

Besides It doesn't really contradict what I've seen/heard. Youtube search "Vic Mignogna Kiss" and you'll find a bunch of videos of him kissing girls young enough you be his daughter. Maybe a kiss on the cheek isn't big deal to some, but personally I don't think a grown ass man should be doing that to young(Underaged) girls he doesn't know. Straight up rock star thrill BS.

There was one infamous video of him repeatedly kissing girl over and over and it was obvious she was getting uncomfortable. I admittedly haven't been able to find it, but I assure you I wouldn't state something like that if it wasn't true.

Look at it this way, you don't need to like a person to appreciate their art. Mel Gibson used to be one of my favourite actors, and I still appreciate the work he did on films like Braveheart despite what an insane asshole he is. Same goes for Mike Tyson, he was an incredible athlete and martial artist but he also did plenty of insane shit during the height of his popularity too.

Dantis

Dantis: An EP update is required.

Man, are you in for a disappointment.

I haven't touched it since I crashed the airship.

It's one of these things where I get sidetracked on something and it makes it hard to go back. It'll happen, but I have no idea when.

But hey! When P5 is shown, if it ties into EP, I'll have to finish EP before P5 releases!

cj_iwakura

Man, are you in for a disappointment.

I haven't touched it since I crashed the airship.

It's one of these things where I get sidetracked on something and it makes it hard to go back. It'll happen, but I have no idea when.

But hey! When P5 is shown, if it ties into EP, I'll have to finish EP before P5 releases!

You're letting the Joker win. :(

Levito

Banned

RPG's are incredibly difficult to jump back into, especially ones so heavy on plot.

I put a good 30 hours into the first Witcher and I didn't return for a while, and I when I did come back I felt completely lost. haha

Squire

Banned
RPG's are incredibly difficult to jump back into, especially ones so heavy on plot.

I put a good 30 hours into the first Witcher and I didn't return for a while, and I when I did come back I felt completely lost. haha

Same.

Man, how can I think about EP when P5 is getting announced next week? :O

I think it will completely stand alone though

FTFY and I agree.

Dantis

Has PersonaGAF already looked at the Shadow Ops silhouettes? I've looked through quite a bit of the thread but haven't found any.

We have, but realistically they're meaningless.

One thing Arena and Golden showed is that most of the characters probably don't look anything like they used to. Soejima would almost certainly revise their designs to match their older personalities.

Sophia

Has PersonaGAF already looked at the Shadow Ops silhouettes? I've looked through quite a bit of the thread but haven't found any.

The only thing we concluded from analyzing that image is that it has Mitsuru. Yup. Oh, and Junpei is awesome.

We've talked about them and there were some guesses, but they were in the last OT.

Most of the discussion was in that unofficial first OT (the Persona Story Spoilers and Speculation) that was put up a bit after P4A's release.

cj_iwakura

The only thing we concluded from analyzing that image is that it has Mitsuru. Yup. Oh, and Junpei is awesome.

Most of the discussion was in that unofficial first OT (the Persona Story Spoilers and Speculation) that was put up a bit after P4A's release.

Nanjo is definitely in that line-up, the rest is mad speculation.

Levito

Banned
You know the Shadow Ops thing was more than likely going to tie into a Persona 4 Arena 2, not P5.

Too bad that wont happen now though, I'd love to see more P4A at EVO rather than BlazBlue. :(

cj_iwakura

You know the Shadow Ops thing was more than likely going to tie into a Persona 4 Arena 2, not P5.

Too bad that wont happen now though, I'd love to see more P4A at EVO rather than BlazBlue. :(

P4A is more likely than BlazBlue. BB is NOT that popular here, and believe me I wish it was.

Sophia

We don't even know if a P4A2 was ever even planned, and so far the evidence suggests it wasn't. =P

Nanjo is definitely in that line-up, the rest is mad speculation.

I'm almost positive I saw Yukari though I can recognize her pose anywhere

Neither of those two are confirmed tho, but only Junpei would wear a hat like that :D

Levito

Banned
We don't even know if a P4A2 was even ever planned, and so far the evidence suggests it wasn't. =P

If it sold better, still say Persona 4 Arena XQG Access COre PLUS GG would've happened, with Yukari, Junpei, and whoever else present on the roster.

Once can dream.

Squire

Banned
P4A is more likely than BlazBlue. BB is NOT that popular here, and believe me I wish it was.

Yep. EVO made it clear that the P4A community is basically people that want to play that game, specifically. ASW fans that are bent on having the "real deal" bailed out months ago.

Are you sure? BB sells better though, right?

Sales =/= tournament status. Injustice was damn-near laughed (snored?) off the EVO stage.

cj_iwakura

Are you sure? BB sells better though, right?

It does. But the BB community are notoriously poor at turning out for tournaments. I've seen it proven time and time again. P4A's community are far better at supporting their game, and I respect that, even though I vastly prefer BB.

And yeah, BB fans are notoriously picky about versions, it cost us Continuum Shift one Evo because of the pending II rebalance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom