• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

YQZL2qj.jpg

TAKE THAT YOU STINKIN, (ALMOST) GAME ENDING BASTARD!

BURN IN THE FIERY PITS OF HELL, AND KNOW THAT THIS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU SCREW WITH ME!

HAHAHAHAHA! DEATH TO CHEAP BOSSES EVERYWHERE!!!

Lunar15

Soejima runs rings around most character designers, that is damn true. Slick and a master of that subtle clueing in that Japanese art directors were once the undisputed kings at. Those little touches giving hints and clues to their personality, or depth to what you do know.

This and the fact Jun is forgotten by those adamant for that to happen puts much of the Kanji/Naoto thing in a bad light with me. I am very wary of video game narratives becoming afterschool specials and what that would entail.

Well, P3 and P4 are basically big after-school specials, for better or worse. Doesn't mean it can't be done well.

And Levito, I wasn't really around to see your opinion on the matter, but if you don't want to discuss it, it's fiiiiiine with me. It's certainly not the strongest writing in the series, I'll agree with you there.

I'm ready to go back into a P3 save, but I'm a little lost and need a story recap. For reference, it is June 20th, and I've already rescued
Fuuka

Other than "hey, there's shadows abducting people and they took some students", what has already happened that is important story-wise?

Meia

I'm ready to go back into a P3 save, but I'm a little lost and need a story recap. For reference, it is June 20th, and I've already rescued
Fuuka

Other than "hey, there's shadows abducting people and they took some students", what has already happened that is important story-wise?

Nothing.

No, I'm fairly sure it's nothing, that's not me being sarcastic. Don't think there's any story relevance til closer to the full moon of that month. You're a transfer student, crazy shit starts happening, you're now leading the people responsible for stopping said crazy shit. And by crazy shit I mean shadows attacking people due to reasons.

And I'll toss up a JYB for a podcast idea. Many people probably asked him about stuff like playing two roles at the same time in an anime though. Still always struck me as a cool guy.

Meia

Two days left til the Little Witch Academia kickstarter ends. So happy to see it did well.

/begins new cycle of telling Dantis to watch it

Levito

Banned
And Levito, I wasn't really around to see your opinion on the matter, but if you don't want to discuss it, it's fiiiiiine with me. It's certainly not the strongest writing in the series, I'll agree with you there.

Never said that the writing was bad, only that the game walks a dangerous line at times. ;)

I'd discuss it, but most of the time people get far too worked up so it's best just to leave it be. Episode 3 of the podcast was actually all about this, and Shidoish(Whom you many have seen on GAF) , does big panels about LGBT diversity in gaming at events like PAX- joined us on that one. Would suggest listening to that if you want to hear it from someone that's actually apart of the LGBT community and loves Persona. :)

YQZL2qj.jpg

TAKE THAT YOU STINKIN, (ALMOST) GAME ENDING BASTARD!

BURN IN THE FIERY PITS OF HELL, AND KNOW THAT THIS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU SCREW WITH ME!

HAHAHAHAHA! DEATH TO CHEAP BOSSES EVERYWHERE!!!

Dude's super weak to Fire though. Just Maka Kaja the fire spell user in the fusion and he dies in 2-3 turns tops.

Did you have a hard time defeating
the Metal Trio?
Everytime I hear someone play this game, they always have serious problems against this boss ; hell, there's a FAQ on gamefaqs detailing the fight round by round because it's such a hard and complex boss.

PK Gaming

Dude's super weak to Fire though. Just Maka Kaja the fire spell user in the fusion and he dies in 2-3 turns tops.

Yeah i did exactly that

In fact, I went one step further. I used the Maha Makakaja fusion spell (affectionate prayer + maka kaja) AND Maha Rakukaja. I owned him, I made him my bitch.

Problem is, that's the only way to beat him. Overloading him with fire persona alone won't do shit, since he'll hax you out. He has multi target heavy damage spells that can paralyze and his berserk spells, so you need to deal big damage ASAP/

Don't have a maka kaja user? Persona 2:EP says screw you! Backtrack out of the dungeon and go get one. Oh and I hope you enjoy the 2 minute cutscene before the boss!

Worst boss in the franchise

Yeah i did exactly that

In fact, I went one step further. I used the Maha Makakaja fusion spell (affectionate prayer + maka kaja) AND Maha Rakukaja. I owned him, I made him my bitch.

Problem is, that's the only way to beat him. Overloading him with fire persona alone won't do shit, since he'll hax you out. He has multi target heavy damage spells that can paralyze and his berserk spells, so you need to deal big damage ASAP/

Don't have a maka kaja user? Persona 2:EP says screw you! Backtrack out of the dungeon and go get one. Oh and I hope you enjoy the 2 minute cutscene before the boss!

Worst boss in the franchise

The postgame secret boss has a spell that hits everyone with Holy damage and it heals himself off any damage he's done. That's even worse IMO.

Also you prolly didnt fight
Demi-Fiend or Satan
in Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 then, they're cheap as fuck.

Dantis

Ouuu I love stuff like this. One of the guys over in k-onGAF drew all the characters in that as FEA characters. Came out very nice.

I think Yukkio as Tharja or Sumia would work. Kanji as Brady or maybe Owain. P3P mc as Chrom. Rise as Olvia or Cynthia. Naoto could fit in Noire's outfit too.
Cordelia and Cherche had nice outfits too, not sure who'd look good in them though.

I think Narukami would be better as Chrom, because of his build. P3MC is built like a twig. Anna as FeMC would totally work too.

Also, I just came across this (It's the OST image):

I wish Soejima would draw unique art for the OST covers. It's always so cool.

Soejima runs rings around most character designers, that is damn true. Slick and a master of that subtle clueing in that Japanese art directors were once the undisputed kings at. Those little touches giving hints and clues to their personality, or depth to what you do know.

Yeah. Some of the small details are absolutely amazing.

So I am finally going through persona 2 innocent sin and I am playing with a spoiler free FAQ so that I actually finish the game this time. Now, I couldn't find the exact post, but I remember people saying that to make the game easy, spread rumors that deal with armor, buy armor, ignore weapons, and just use personas and spells to level them up, right?

Meia

So I am finally going through persona 2 innocent sin and I am playing with a spoiler free FAQ so that I actually finish the game this time. Now, I couldn't find the exact post, but I remember people saying that to make the game easy, spread rumors that deal with armor, buy armor, ignore weapons, and just use personas and spells to level them up, right?

The FAQ, if it's the same spoiler free one I used, will tell you exactly which is the best rumors to spread. Spreading ones will prevent others from spreading, and you probably don't want to mess that up to have as painless a time as possible. To that end, you don't want to ignore weapons completely either, as some of the more powerful fusion spell's damage scales with what weapon they have equipped. This isn't something to worry about until late though.

Necrovex

Ouuu I love stuff like this. One of the guys over in k-onGAF drew all the characters in that as FEA characters. Came out very nice.

I think Yukkio as Tharja or Sumia would work. Kanji as Brady or maybe Owain. P3P mc as Chrom. Rise as Olvia or Cynthia. Naoto could fit in Noire's outfit too.
Cordelia and Cherche had nice outfits too, not sure who'd look good in them though.

No one should be Sumia, she was one of the worst characters in Awakening. I am quite sad that she married my Chrom. :-(

I am very happy to see you prevailed pk, keep at it man! When I beat SMTIV and maybe the bonus Lilith boss in soul hackers (so close to winning but god damn your megidola!) I'll go back to P2!

cj_iwakura

The postgame secret boss has a spell that hits everyone with Holy damage and it heals himself off any damage he's done. That's even worse IMO.

Also you prolly didnt fight
Demi-Fiend or Satan
in Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 then, they're cheap as fuck.

EP's secret boss is the easiest SMT uber boss I've ever fought. He's an endurance trial, but I didn't die once.

FluxWaveZ

Today Atlus posted a notice on their website that I think says something like the following:

The following websites will be unavailable for a 60 minute time period between 1:00 and 4:00 AM on August 8, 2013 due to carrying out maintenance:

dragons-crown.com
megaten4.jp
p2is.atlusnet.jp
hosp.atlusnet.jp
extra.atlusnet.jp
ds2-p.atlusnet.jp
ds2.atlusnet.jp
dsexp.atlusnet.jp
dsoc.atlusnet.jp
rh.atlusnet.jp
sq3-blog.atlusnet.jp

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we appreciate your understanding.

It's probably nothing, but just a little tidbit. Last time there was a notice for maintenance was on January 22, 2013, which included Persona and Catherine sites.

Dantis

CONFIRMATION OF PERSONA 5 TONIGHT 1000% OH MAN I CANNOT WAIT

EP's secret boss is the easiest SMT uber boss I've ever fought. He's an endurance trial, but I didn't die once.

The music for that fight is frigging amazing. Always been disappointed that it's never been any of the later games, as a Meguro arrangement would be off the charts.

Dantis

Websites down for maintenance on Thursday.

Persona Live this week.

Surprise Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

YOU DO THE MATH.

Jintor

I've done the math, and the math adds up to "Videogames suck"

I'll get a proof to you by next week professor dantis-kun

Never said he was especially hard, but if you go in blindly with the same personas you've been using in the main game, Eternal White can potentially wreck you. P2 doesn't have really hard uberbosses like the latter SMT games do.

PK Gaming

I am very happy to see you prevailed pk, keep at it man! When I beat SMTIV and maybe the bonus Lilith boss in soul hackers (so close to winning but god damn your megidola!) I'll go back to P2!

In retrospect, it was really easy when I decked out my crew. But man, I had to go back and grind for Izanami and levels. It wasn't fun :(

I think you're talking about my post, which dealt with the opposite.

In case you didn't know, at it's core, Persona 2: Innocent on the PSP is one of the easiest games I have ever played. I'm not exaggerating here, the enemies you fight to too little damage, fusion spells are absurdly strong, and 90% of the bosses are pushovers, it's piss easy. I don't have a penchant for doing challenges, but I actually went ahead and ignored armor altogether, and the game was still too easy.

If you're following the spoiler-free guide on gamefaqs, you should be set. It gives you hints, contact info and other important stuff (such as how to obtain the awakened Persona, which can be missed in this game)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom