• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
They're not announcing Persona 5 this week.

If anything next week, maybe, probably not.

Atlus needs to show this damn game off already, the Nintendo crap is getting so god damn old.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
They're not announcing Persona 5 this week.

If anything next week, maybe, probably not.

Atlus needs to show this damn game off already, the Nintendo crap is getting so god damn old.

And crush the spirit of Nintendtards?

Yes, please.

Though we won't hear anything until after someone acquires Index.

In retrospect, it was really easy when I decked out my crew. But man, I had to go back and grind for Izanami and levels. It wasn't fun :(

I think you're talking about my post, which dealt with the opposite.

In case you didn't know, at it's core, Persona 2: Innocent on the PSP is one of the easiest games I have ever played. I'm not exaggerating here, the enemies you fight to too little damage, fusion spells are absurdly strong, and 90% of the bosses are pushovers, it's piss easy. I don't have a penchant for doing challenges, but I actually went ahead and ignored armor altogether, and the game was still too easy.

If you're following the spoiler-free guide on gamefaqs, you should be set. It gives you hints, contact info and other important stuff (such as how to obtain the awakened Persona, which can be missed in this game)

I've read somewhere that they've made the game much easier in the NA version of the game and that our Hard mode is like the japanese Normal mode. That'd explain a lot.

The FAQ, if it's the same spoiler free one I used, will tell you exactly which is the best rumors to spread. Spreading ones will prevent others from spreading, and you probably don't want to mess that up to have as painless a time as possible. To that end, you don't want to ignore weapons completely either, as some of the more powerful fusion spell's damage scales with what weapon they have equipped. This isn't something to worry about until late though.

In retrospect, it was really easy when I decked out my crew. But man, I had to go back and grind for Izanami and levels. It wasn't fun :(

I think you're talking about my post, which dealt with the opposite.

In case you didn't know, at it's core, Persona 2: Innocent on the PSP is one of the easiest games I have ever played. I'm not exaggerating here, the enemies you fight to too little damage, fusion spells are absurdly strong, and 90% of the bosses are pushovers, it's piss easy. I don't have a penchant for doing challenges, but I actually went ahead and ignored armor altogether, and the game was still too easy.

If you're following the spoiler-free guide on gamefaqs, you should be set. It gives you hints, contact info and other important stuff (such as how to obtain the awakened Persona, which can be missed in this game)

Yeah, I'm three hours into the game, just finished the second dungeon, I think (the Zodiac club), and I'm only at level 6 but killing things pretty easy.

I haven't done much fusing yet, with the exception of getting out a Pixie like the FAQ suggested, but I'm not really liking the negotiations; there's too many to keep track of and I keep making a pact and losing other pacts because I guess I can only hold 3 at a time? I do like the dungeons are actual levels and not random hallways (but i dislike the random encounters, which are at least low rate right now).

Young Magus

Yeah, I'm three hours into the game, just finished the second dungeon, I think (the Zodiac club), and I'm only at level 6 but killing things pretty easy.

I haven't done much fusing yet, with the exception of getting out a Pixie like the FAQ suggested,
but I'm not really liking the negotiations; there's too many to keep track of and I keep making a pact and losing other pacts because I guess I can only hold 3 at a time? I do like the dungeons are actual levels and not random hallways (but i dislike the random encounters, which are at least low rate right now).
From someone who had beaten the game, IS does not require much fusion. Hell I only think that I've been to the velvet room one or twice. As long as you make certain decisions in the game, it's possible to get though it without the VR.

From someone who had beaten the game, IS does not require much fusion. Hell I only think that I've been to the velvet room one or twice. As long as you make certain decisions in the game, it's possible to get though it without the VR.

That makes the game extremely boring though. And by fusion, I'm assuming you mean summoning.

PK Gaming

I haven't done much fusing yet, with the exception of getting out a Pixie like the FAQ suggested, but I'm not really liking the negotiations; there's too many to keep track of and I keep making a pact and losing other pacts because I guess I can only hold 3 at a time? I do like the dungeons are actual levels and not random hallways (but i dislike the random encounters, which are at least low rate right now).

I'm surprised you got through that clock smashing ordeal ok (that was a pain, haha).

And Magus is right, you don't really need to summon any more Personas, since your initial personas should last until you have access to their prime forms. That said, the summons the guide suggest (Minotaur, Pixie, etc) are really awesome, so try them out if you have the chance.

Don't bother with pacts, just get the tarot cards and move on.

I'm surprised you got through that clock smashing ordeal ok (that was a pain, haha).

And Magus is right, you don't really need to summon any more Personas, since your initial personas should last until you have access to their prime forms. That said, the summons the guide suggest (Minotaur, Pixie, etc) are really awesome, so try them out if you have the chance.

But getting tarot cards from demons with pacts give you free tarot, which in turn makes farming cards less of a pain.

Well, I just beat Yasuo on the rooftop in two turns. Either I'm way too high of a level, or you guys weren't kidding when you said this game was easy! I think I'm just going to avoid pacts, level up when I need it (no more grinding. I'm already 5 hours into the game and doesn't seem like I'm very far) and just go with it.

Guys, I am weak...

qw5u4jKl.jpg

SO VERY WEAK.

On a completely unrelated note, I finally got a frame for my baby:

1TQWtkXl.jpg

Aw yeah.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Yea, the guide demons are helpful in getting fusion skills to wipe out most random encounters really quickly. I'm 12 hours in currently myself, and the encounter rate has become somewhat unbearable, but at least spamming the same powerful AOE fusion attacks helps a bit with the overbearing downtime that fights cause.

The guide does a good job pointing out any future contact information to keep in mind for later personas, mostly again optional. Just useful for getting in and out of fights ASAP. You really need not bother at all with cards, as even as far as I have played nothing has come close to requiring brainpower to take down.

Caladrius

It's not happening until September, is it?

That's the time you'd probably want to hold your breath for. TGS would be the best time to announce it.

I personally don't think there's going to be a peep of it until the Index fiasco starts to subside, but I'm not exactly the first guy you should trust with predictions.

Dantis

I think we already firmly established earlier that if it's happening it'd be near the later half of August. Could possibly be next week, what with the Persona Music Festival and all.

Oh yeah, it's definitely Tuesday next week. I can feel it.

In a surprising twist, I really didn't like Scott Pilgrim.

Good purchase on the art book though.

It's one of my favourite movies ever, which explains why you don't like it ;P

The art book is great, though. I really wish they'd gone through with the original idea of
making Teddie's human form a girl though, that would've been a way better twist than Naoto being a girl.

Dantis

The art book is great, though. I really wish they'd gone through with the original idea of
making Teddie's human form a girl though, that would've been a way better twist than Naoto being a girl.

I do too. It would have been really cool.

Well they kinda did sorta, and did you mean keeping him male in costume and just a girl out of costume or in general?

Well they kinda did sorta, and did you mean keeping him male in costume and just a girl out of costume or in general?

The book says he was going to be a "beautiful woman outside of the costume," so I'd assume he'd still be referred to as male before the reveal to make it more of a surprise.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Persona 2 FAQ said:
This dungeon is pretty straight forward. Just get the items, fight some demons,
and head to the Director's Office on 4F. Be sure to get an Aques card from the
Eryins demon and a Bersac card from Cockatrice so you can register them at the
Time Castle. The Aques spell is quite good for this stage of the game.

Wait, you can't grab these from Time Castle? I tried to get a contract with Erinys but my level is too low. :( I don't really want to grind for spell cards, but if I have to...

Levito

Banned
Pfft.

I like lots of things.

Such as:

-Not having fun
-Grimacing
-Complaining a lot
-Not letting things go
-Boiling puppies alive
-Being the bad guy in a Home Alone movie
-Freezing Han Solo in carbonite
-Punching babies
-Setting retirement homes on fire
-Telling kids to get off your lawn

:p

Dantis

Question: If I was going to draw a Persona character in the elf outfit from Dragon's Crown, who would look the best?

Such as:

-Not having fun
-Grimacing
-Complaining a lot
-Not letting things go
-Boiling puppies alive
-Punching babies

That's about the sum of it, yeah.

Astra

Such as:

-Not having fun
-Grimacing
-Complaining a lot
-Not letting things go
-Boiling puppies alive
-Punching babies

This one is great, though. Along with solicitors, mormons, and any bothersome people really.

Porch, rocking chair, rifle, cigars and a scotch. That's what I strive for when I'm an old man.

Question: If I was going to draw a Persona character in the elf outfit from Dragon's Crown, who would look the best?

First that comes to mind would be Yukari, partly because her hair and eye colour won't clash with the outfit, partly because she's an archer. Or Chie would work with the green.

Drag Yu does have similar hair style though :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom