• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

One of his contacts with Lisa literally involves her putting makeup on Jun, and then realizing that he actually looks prettier with makeup than she does.

That aside, Jun doesn't look androgynous to me.

Sophia

Also, do you think Jun could pass for a girl? I'm not sure that he could, to be honest.

According to his profile, crossdressing is one of his talents. Also the Lisa + Jun contact event involves her putting makeup on him... and getting depressed that he's prettier than her.

Gah, PK beat me to it, I didn't refresh the thread. But yeah.

Dantis

According to his profile, crossdressing is one of his talents. Also the Lisa + Jun contact event involves her putting makeup on him... and getting depressed that he's prettier than her.

Gah, PK beat me to it, I didn't refresh the thread. But yeah.

I mean, that's not what I'm asking.

I'm saying, could someone look at Jun's picture in the game and mistake him for a female character? I'm not sure.

Sophia

I mean, that's not what I'm asking.

I'm saying, could someone look at Jun's picture in the game and mistake him for a female character? I'm not sure.

Definitely not with the Kaneko drawn art. However you could with the Soejima art if he wasn't wearing that blatantly male uniform. :p

Taruranto

The second half of S;G was pretty disappointing. Of all the things they could do with the setting, they turned it into a "capture the girl" harem.

Persona 2: IS spoilers for maybe halfway through the game... just rescued kids in a burning building...

Ok, so I didn't know I was hitting a really big important story part of the game, because if I did, I would have played it in a better setting where I had more time and less distractions, but is the game now about a group called the Lost Battalion trying to resurrect Hitler while another group called the Masked Circle are trying to harvest everyone's happy dreams and ideals for some as of now unknown purpose concocted by The Joker and another higher-up entity? Where the hell did this "Fuhrer" stuff come from?! Yikes!

Is that right? I'm about to meet up with Lisa to talk about
'big sis' and why she called the Joker that
, so try not to spoil anything past that.

And, man, that dungeon inside of the museum sucked. I was having to rush through it and the next dialogue heavy sections of the game (which is partly why I want story clarifications) because the game decided you couldn't save for over an hour. barf.

Caladrius

I would be playing P4G but I'm still trying to finish the compendium and Chaos route of SMT IV. I've been itching to get back to it for quite a while.

Gbraga

Persona Music Live = Best Persona

persoan2i9jck.gif

Kazzy

That's no fun. Where's the excitement?
Guess it has a Catharsis factor to it...

I've played enough of these games to no longer find the inherent challenge in them (though Persona has always been easy). Consider this a VN playthrough. Also, it gives me something to do on the train.

PK Gaming

Persona 2: IS spoilers for maybe halfway through the game... just rescued kids in a burning building...

Ok, so I didn't know I was hitting a really big important story part of the game, because if I did, I would have played it in a better setting where I had more time and less distractions, but is the game now about a group called the Lost Battalion trying to resurrect Hitler while another group called the Masked Circle are trying to harvest everyone's happy dreams and ideals for some as of now unknown purpose concocted by The Joker and another higher-up entity? Where the hell did this "Fuhrer" stuff come from?! Yikes!

Is that right? I'm about to meet up with Lisa to talk about
'big sis' and why she called the Joker that
, so try not to spoil anything past that.

And, man, that dungeon inside of the museum sucked. I was having to rush through it and the next dialogue heavy sections of the game (which is partly why I want story clarifications) because the game decided you couldn't save for over an hour. barf.

1. Yep, that's about it. As the game unravels, you'll uncover the identity of true mastermind and the true nature behind rumors, the last battalion and the masked circle)

2. Yeah that dungeon was AWFUL(it comes back in eternal punishment, lmao). Thankfully, there aren't many more timed dungeons going forward.

3. You're about to head to the turning point in the game. You're legitimately at the point in the game where the plot picks up. Make sure you get all 4 of the masks! (you'll understand when you "get" there)

Caladrius

That sounds like a no fun playthrough.

More like "Death on the first turn" run.
Or In other words a "Fight the Red Rider 40 times" run.

I admittedly wish there was a way to give Persona the kind of power escalation that happens in the main series games (where you throw out spells with insane effects against absolutely monstrous bosses by the end of the game) without alienating the playerbase.

1. Yep, that's about it. As the game unravels, you'll uncover the identity of true mastermind and the true nature behind rumors, the last battalion and the masked circle)

2. Yeah that dungeon was AWFUL(it comes back in eternal punishment, lmao). Thankfully, there aren't many more timed dungeons going forward.

3. You're about to head to the turning point in the game. You're legitimately at the point in the game where the plot picks up. Make sure you get all 4 of the masks! (you'll understand when you "get" there)

@Brian: he's right. the INSANITY has only just begun. Might just be my favorite plot in any RPG.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

Crap. I am about to enter the museum dungeon myself. Bummed to hear its timed. At least it's good to know the plot picks up soon after, was getting annoyed at the wacky high school antics and padded filler dungeons up to this point.

Does a good guide exist for EP similar to the IS one posted? Really like having shortcuts direct to useful fusion spells that mitigates the combat.

Crap. I am about to enter the museum dungeon myself. Bummed to hear its timed. At least it's good to know the plot picks up soon after, was getting annoyed at the wacky high school antics and padded filler dungeons up to this point.

Does a good guide exist for EP similar to the IS one posted? Really like having shortcuts direct to useful fusion spells that mitigates the combat.

To wipe the floor with random encounters, always go for spells that use Maha (element) in the last spot. Basically the formula for hit all spells is this : Single target Element > secondary element > All targets Element. Wind uses water and vice versa while earth and fire are used together.

Example : Garu > Aqua > Maha Garu = Hit all wind spell fusion

Ice, Lightning and Nuclear use Almighty magic in between them but you won't be using those for a while sincle the last spells required for the fusions are used by very few Personas.

Hope that helps.

To help with the random encounters in that horrid museum level, be sure to cast your spell (i forget the name) that diminishes random encounters.

Also, it wasn't THAT bad of a level, as the random encounters only show up on the last floor, but just remember that you can't save once you enter the museum, and even after the museum you have to go through stuff before you can save, so save yourself a chunk of time to do it.

And, I'm also looking for a EP guide since I might finish this game faster than I thought, and I might as well steamroll over into the sequel.

And, should I really bother with the first Persona game if I really am finding the encounter rate too high, the random encounters frustrating, and the negotiations/pacts kind of a chore? I'm really only playing through 2 because of its high stature for fans. Is the original game held in high regard for its story/plot/characters?

^I love Persona 1's plot and characters, no, Persona 1 is said to have the weakest story and characters in the series, so no in your case I'd say.

To help with the random encounters in that horrid museum level, be sure to cast your spell (i forget the name) that diminishes random encounters.

Also, it wasn't THAT bad of a level, as the random encounters only show up on the last floor, but just remember that you can't save once you enter the museum, and even after the museum you have to go through stuff before you can save, so save yourself a chunk of time to do it.

And, I'm also looking for a EP guide since I might finish this game faster than I thought, and I might as well steamroll over into the sequel.

Estoma, pretty much, if you are playing a Megaten game, and the random encounters are driving you up a wall, seek a demon or a persona with Estoma, asap!

Really, what's the point of playing this game if you're using a guide to know how to kill bosses and do side stuff without experimenting?

Because I enjoy and play these games differently than you do. I hate random encounters. I hate the mazes. I dislike how sometimes inscrutable the hints are on how to "solve" pacts and contacts are, or to figure out what building to go into and whatever. I play games differently than you. I don't play on hard, and I don't play them while crippling my character by only using 1 persona, or whatever random people do to add challenge. I want to experience the stories in these games, the characters, and I want to avoid the arcane garbage that saddle so many of the RPGs of this era that people excused because "[People who play RPGs are] depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games" or whatever. I play games differently than you. What does it matter?

Because I enjoy and play these games differently than you do. I hate random encounters. I hate the mazes. I dislike how sometimes inscrutable the hints are on how to "solve" pacts and contacts are, or to figure out what building to go into and whatever. I play games differently than you. I don't play on hard, and I don't play them while crippling my character by only using 1 persona, or whatever random people do to add challenge. I want to experience the stories in these games, the characters, and I want to avoid the arcane garbage that saddle so many of the RPGs of this era that people excused because "[People who play RPGs are] depressed gamers who like to sit alone in their dark rooms and play slow games" or whatever. I play games differently than you. What does it matter?

Just sucks the fun out of the game when you don't even bother to learn how the game works and just focus on plowing through for the plot. Might as well watch a Let's Play.

Astra

Hey Brian, does playing the game your own way suck the fun out of it for you?

Really, hec, don't concern yourself with how others choose to play their own games. You play your way and enjoy it, and others can play their way and enjoy it. Their way has no affect on you.

PK Gaming

Really, what's the point of playing this game if you're using a guide to know how to kill bosses and do side stuff without experimenting?

Having played and beaten a good porition of P2:IS without a guide, I can honestly say that my experience was significantly improved when I started using one. We're not just using the guide to steamroll bosses(in fact I skip the boss sections, since the game is easy as is); I (and we) use it to decipher contacts (instead of relying on luck and trial and error) find awesome items, navigate through massive sprawling dungeons with PITS, gain access to story related personas, and general hints and tips handed out from the author's direction.

P2:IS & EP aren't like other games; it's actually not that fun or rewarding to play the game completely blind, at least in my opinion.

EDIT:

Regarding the EP Guide: Sadly, there isn't an awesome spoiler free guide like the one posted for IS. The first guide on gamefaqs is ~decent~ but the author assumes you're playing in a certain why (IE, grinding and meticulously getting all of the best Persona) so its hard to keep up with it. I followed it for the map directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom