• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

I didn't mind the random encounter rate of IS at all, because fights rarely lasted more than literally 10 seconds, counting the experience screen. Go in a battle, everyone's turn order is already set how I need it to be, auto-battle, win(since I can also set what spells for everyone to use outside battle), back to exploring. In EP to accomplish the same thing, I have to spend at least 15 seconds in every battle setting the turn order first, then more for abilities. Then if the turn doesn't finish the battle, for round 2 I have to do it all over again. Suddenly the encounter rate hurts, and hurts hard, because it adds a whole lot of repetition and time to a game system that didn't have it in IS PSP.

I'm not going to lie when I say it's the main thing blocking my desire to pick it up again. I feel like I did when I tried getting through Persona 1 when I think about booting the game up again.

You're doing it wrong. Setting the fusion spell in the menu automatically sets the turn order.

slus_011.58_09082013_s4xx4.png
slus_011.58_09082013_f8y0y.png
slus_011.58_09082013_54zfp.png
slus_011.58_09082013_orzu9.png
slus_011.58_09082013_1ux8g.png

Assuming you are using the default battle system in the menus, this should stick for every round of combat.

Is there any reason to think that? Or are we just being optimistic?

Just blind optimism because of the Persona 3 movie.

ST2K

Damn. I was hoping there was a hint given by a developer from some obscure interview you guys caught.

Damn. I was hoping there was a hint given by a developer from some obscure interview you guys caught.

I talked about this with some friends earlier, they and I are in the camp who does NOT want this anytime soon, and want them to move on as fast as possible...Seriously...ANOTHER P3?

Meia

You're doing it wrong. Setting the fusion spell in the menu automatically sets the turn order.

It's still triple the amount of time that it used to take in IS PSP. :p

I know it was a way to do it in IS PSP, but the way I found and described was much faster. It's also nonsense for every round in a fight you have to do this, because the order resets to what it was when you first entered the fight for seemingly no reason.

Regardless, it's still disappointing they've modified/expanded/whatever that game twice and there isn't a definitive version.

This is the main reason I want another remake, as silly as it is. If someone asks "I want to play Persona 3, which should I play?" there should be only one answer. Even if you say there's one answer, but there's a "but" there, it doesn't fly.

"Which should I play, Persona 4 or Persona 4 Golden?" Golden is the definitive version of the game, there's no questioning that. It's sad that that's not the case with 3.

ST2K

I talked about this with some friends earlier, they and I are in the camp who does NOT want this anytime soon, and want them to move on as fast as possible...Seriously...ANOTHER P3?

I understand that thought process. But mine is more like "Just give us a definitive edition and then you never have to touch the damn thing again."

For example, I see no reason to touch the Persona 4 universe again because there is a definitive version. And I certainly wouldn't want a new Persona 3 to significantly impact whatever else they're working on. I don't think it needs to be pumped out right away either. It's just terribly vexing that we don't have a definitive version for such a great title.

This is the main reason I want another remake, as silly as it is. If someone asks "I want to play Persona 3, which should I play?" there should be only one answer. Even if you say there's one answer, but there's a "but" there, it doesn't fly.

"Which should I play, Persona 4 or Persona 4 Golden?" Golden is the definitive version of the game, there's no questioning that. It's sad that that's not the case with 3.

I completely agree. Honestly, if Atlus put more effort into P3P, another one wouldn't be necessary. But they slacked a bit on that and as a result it feels like we need another one.

I understand that thought process. But mine is more like "Just give us a definitive edition and then you never have to touch the damn thing again."

For example, I see no reason to touch the Persona 4 universe again because there is a definitive version. And I certainly wouldn't want a new Persona 3 to significantly impact whatever else they're working on. I don't think it needs to be pumped out right away either. It's just terribly vexing that we don't have a definitive version for such a great title.

Well, to get my mindset, you should learn a little about how I feel.

P2EP > P2IS > P4 > P3 The Answer > P1 > P3 The Journey.

So yea, my opinion isn't a typical one you see here, but its all good, people should like what they like!

Sophia

It's still triple the amount of time that it used to take in IS PSP. :p

I know it was a way to do it in IS PSP, but the way I found and described was much faster. It's also nonsense for every round in a fight you have to do this, because the order resets to what it was when you first entered the fight for seemingly no reason.

Turn on Cursor Memory for Battling in the menus, set your turn order, and it always sticks. I just tested it. Every battle starts with the fusion spell. The only time it doesn't is when agility messes up the turn order. I don't know how you exactly want it faster when it's already in the realm of about five seconds for the first time and 2 seconds beyond that. :\

ST2K

Well, to get my mindset, you should learn a little about how I feel.

P2EP > P2IS > P4 > P3 The Answer > P1 > P3 The Journey.

So yea, my opinion isn't a typical one you see here, but its all good, people should like what they like!

Wow. That kinda blows my mind that someone would have The Answer above The Journey. But as you say, to each his own. I fully recognize why someone would feel sick of Persona 3 by now.

Wow. That kinda blows my mind that someone would have The Answer above The Journey. But as you say, to each his own. I fully recognize why someone would feel sick of Persona 3 by now.

The Answer suits more of what I wanted out of Persona prior to 4, 4 to me is 3 Journey done right.

I think I need to take a break on P2:IS. It just took me almost 2 hours to get to the top of Mt. Katatsumuri Peak and Estoma doesn't do squat when you are 2 or 3 levels underneath the demons in the area. The random encounters, the farming for cards, are all starting to get to me, and I'm still not digging the ludicrous story. Even the characters just don't seem to be going anywhere. Maybe I really am on the cusp of when the game gets good, and I've seen you guys hype the ending, but I'm not seeing it yet.

I'm going to take a break on it until Sunday, and then I'll pick it up again.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I think I need to take a break on P2:IS. It just took me almost 2 hours to get to the top of Mt. Katatsumuri Peak and Estoma doesn't do squat when you are 2 or 3 levels underneath the demons in the area. The random encounters, the farming for cards, are all starting to get to me, and I'm still not digging the ludicrous story. Even the characters just don't seem to be going anywhere. Maybe I really am on the cusp of when the game gets good, and I've seen you guys hype the ending, but I'm not seeing it yet.

I'm going to take a break on it until Sunday, and then I'll pick it up again.

Guessing you took the long route instead of busting in? I forced my way in and it was a pretty straightforward and fast dungeon. Random encounters excepted.

But I totally agree with you on the plot so far. I really want to wrap up the damn game already, and I keep waiting for the plot to enter mind blowing territory. I'm not far past where you are, but even if the ending wins me over, it's been a real tedious slog to reach it. I really doubt I'll be able to stomach more in EP.

jaxword

Guessing you took the long route instead of busting in? I forced my way in and it was a pretty straightforward and fast dungeon. Random encounters excepted.

But I totally agree with you on the plot so far. I really want to wrap up the damn game already, and I keep waiting for the plot to enter mind blowing territory. I'm not far past where you are, but even if the ending wins me over, it's been a real tedious slog to reach it. I really doubt I'll be able to stomach more in EP.

I felt the same way. Both Persona 1 and 2 had terrible pacing and the first 3/4 of the plot were a slog to get through.

Ok, guys, it's cool if you don't like the game and such but are you seriously suggesting that Persona 4 and 3 (The big wat here) have better pacing than 1 or 2?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ok, guys, it's cool if you don't like the game and such but are you seriously suggesting that Persona 4 and 3 (The big wat here) have better pacing than 1 or 2?

None of us have brought up that comparison...nor made that suggestion. I don't think any of us are intentionally playing p2 just to favorably champion it's sequels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom