• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Combat system is pretty much like a standard turn based system except that you pick which character goes first and watch the turns unfold ; turns are then lined up based on the AGI stat if you don't intervene and modify which spells are used and when.

I'll admit that it's a bit confusing at first but it's far from making the game unplayable.

This is the...opposite of the problem....

Levito

Banned
Yo dawgs, if you got any questions for Aigis or Nanako y'all know where to post'em dat be going down tonight knowwhaI'msayn.

Young Magus

Oh man, your avatar is the best thing ever.

Thank you thank you, I knew you would get a kick out of it. I was waiting till you beat EP to switch over.

Yo dawgs, if you got any questions for Aigis or Nanako y'all know where to post'em dat be going down tonight knowwhaI'msayn.

I have a question: How was it from a VA perspective to watch as Aigis character develop from a robot trying to be a human to a robot with human emotions? Was it difficult to portray the development as,time went on?

Tell her to sing the Junes theme.

As Aigis.

I can dig this, in Aigis voice pls

Sophia

You guys are going to drive her up the wall with suggestions. :p

I kinda wanna hear Aigis sing the Junes theme too...

Levito

Banned
On the questions post(s) on reddit and the site, I told everyone to hold off on voice requests. Everyone seems to want to hear a Nanako line in Aigis's voice, so the Junes theme is happening.

Based on just emailing her and watching panels she's been on, she seems totally cool with voice requests.

On random note, one of the questions on the blog is from D.C Douglas, voice actor most well known for playing Wesker in Resident Evil/Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Astra

On the questions post(s) on reddit and the site, I told everyone to hold off on voice requests. Everyone seems to want to hear a Nanako line in Aigis's voice, so the Junes theme is happening.

Based on just emailing her and watching panels she's been on, she seems totally cool with voice requests.

On random note, one of the questions on the blog is from D.C Douglas, voice actor most well known for playing Wesker in Resident Evil/Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

That's awesome. D.C Douglas is hilarious. I love his Wesker "outtakes"! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p52-QBTXZyM

and his Old Spice ad - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLL90q3as4M

Awesome, what was his question

Levito

Banned
Yeah DC's Wesker stuff on youtube is hilarious. He loves the character and the fans.

His question was:

"When you lived in France, did you do a lot of voiceover? If so, what were the most memorable ones?

And who edited your best acting demo reel in LA…? ;) "

Obviously they're friends. ;D

(BTW, encase anyone questions it, it's really him. He signed in using his twitter account)

Astra

DC Douglas is awesome.

YOU'RE awesome.

Tales of Xillia finally arrived for me. It's no Persona 5, but it's nice to have another jRPG to play.

Xillia by day, Dragon's Crown in bed at night. My gaming days are complete for a little while. I also look forward to co-op'ing in DC with anyone who wants to do so. I kind of suck at these games, but that shouldn't matter. Right?

Squire

Banned
Tales of Xillia finally arrived for me. It's no Persona 5, but it's nice to have another jRPG to play.

qb4Bish.gif

Simzyy

So I've finally decided to get a PS3. Here's hoping Persona 5 is actually on this platform (I am going to be so gutted if its not).

In the meantime I'll pick up Valkyria Chronicles and a PS Plus sub. Not sure what else to get. Need a new franchise to get invested in so I can stop thinking about when P5 will be announced.

Levito

Banned
Never played any of the Tales games, but Xillia actually looks fun.

Valkyria Chronicles is one of my favorite games on the generation, have fun!

Astra

So I've finally decided to get a PS3. Here's hoping Persona 5 is actually on this platform (I am going to be so gutted if its not).

In the meantime I'll up Valkyria Chronicles and a PS Plus sub. Not sure what else to get. Need a new franchise to get invested in so I can stop thinking about when P5 will be announced.

VC is all you need, my friend.
PS+ will cover the rest.

Not really, but a great place to start.

Yeah it does, I'm looking forward to diving in. It'll very likely be great after playing Tales of Graces, which has a great battle system for the series, but I liked nothing else about the game. The characters and story were just awful.

VC is amazing, indeed!
The first time I played it, I was in a gaming funk, so wasn't able to get into it. So I shelved it for almost a year. When I finally got back to it, I couldn't stop playing. One of my favorites now.

Edit: I think I hear Karen Strassman!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
And done...(Persona 2 IS).

I guess that is one way to end that game. Ending spoilers below.

So Philemon and Evil Philemon(Narqtfdrjh), basically fuck with humanity to test their evolutionary possibility as a species, by messing with the lives of a bunch of high schoolers...ok. After the intense societal damage is done from their intervening schemes, they realize the affection these kids have for each other is unbreakable. okaayyyyy... So Philemon resets time and memories to a state before any of these kids first meet. This stops all the dumb rumors becoming fact, the crazy conspiracies, and other ungrounded wackiness from occurring(including that sudden maya death), but it also prevents these kids from ever bonding at a young age to begin with and thus making these godlike nitwits mindfuck experiment null and void to begin with.

Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhh. So ummm...I guess I need to play Eternal Punishment. That ending didn't really leave much of a cliffhanger though at all. Final sequence is that life is swell and good outside the fact they are all meeting in HS instead of as children.

Oh and my final time was around 26 hours for anyone curious. I did kinda rush it.

Dantis

Yup.

There's a lot of misconceptions about Persona 2. IS is not a cliffhanger. Story is actually somewhat light-hearted outside of the finale. Story is probably somewhat overrated. It's also not as bad as some people say, but it's much more traditional than P3 and P4.

Young Magus

Yea this needs to be fixef ASAP. If you have a 360 or GC/Wii then the games on there are a good starting point. There pretty cheap too :D

Yup.

There's a lot of misconceptions about Persona 2. IS is not a cliffhanger. Story is actually somewhat light-hearted outside of the finale. Story is probably somewhat overrated. It's also not as bad as some people say, but it's much more traditional than P3 and P4.

If anything, Persona 3 has the most traditional storyline of the series.

Main character with a tragic past gets a power few others have, meets new friends and defeats 12 monsters before being betrayed. After someone dies, his friends find the resolution to fight the big baddie and they all do it with the power of friendship. Main character dies in the process.

If anything, Persona 3 has the most traditional storyline of the series.

Main character with a tragic past gets a power few others have, meets new friends and defeats 12 monsters before being betrayed. After someone dies, his friends find the resolution to fight the big baddie and they all do it with the power of friendship. Main character dies in the process.

Your forgot

Part ways through the heroes are confronted by a rival team, a member of that team has a change of heart and sacrifices herself to save one of the heroes friends

And done...(Persona 2 IS).

I guess that is one way to end that game. Ending spoilers below.

So Philemon and Evil Philemon(Narqtfdrjh), basically fuck with humanity to test their evolutionary possibility as a species, by messing with the lives of a bunch of high schoolers...ok. After the intense societal damage is done from their intervening schemes, they realize the affection these kids have for each other is unbreakable. okaayyyyy... So Philemon resets time and memories to a state before any of these kids first meet. This stops all the dumb rumors becoming fact, the crazy conspiracies, and other ungrounded wackiness from occurring(including that sudden maya death), but it also prevents these kids from ever bonding at a young age to begin with and thus making these godlike nitwits mindfuck experiment null and void to begin with.

Eeeeeeehhhhhhhhh. So ummm...I guess I need to play Eternal Punishment. That ending didn't really leave much of a cliffhanger though at all. Final sequence is that life is swell and good outside the fact they are all meeting in HS instead of as children.

Oh and my final time was around 26 hours for anyone curious. I did kinda rush it.

That is
the exact opposite of what actually ended up happening.
It is a
false positive ending, sort of like how P3FES The Journey ends then you okay The Answer and go wat

kewlmyc

I say start with Abyss on the PS2. Many will disagree with me, but fuck the haters! I love that game.
I think Vesperia is a better starting point. Abyss is great, but some of the characters piss people off. I think the story makes up for it. Same for Graces. The combat is godlike, but the story and MC ruin it for me. Vesperia is better rounded game, or so I heard (will play when Xillia is over). Xillia is great so far too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom