• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
imageqhj.png

Once I am done with SMTIV for a while (beat the last boss, but have not ended the neutral path, trying to Fiend Hunt and do any sidequests I missed.) I shall change back to that.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Once I am done with SMTIV for a while (beat the last boss, but have not ended the neutral path, trying to Fiend Hunt and do any sidequests I missed.) I shall change back to that.

1/256 chance of them spawning in a set location.

nothankyou.jpg

Young Magus

Good luck with that Buddha, I'll be cheering for you on the sidelines.

Also, 3DS region lock SUCKS!!!!!

Astra

I want some form of announcement, if only to stop this thread eating its own tail. Well, the rest of it.

All that will happen is a new cycle will emerge. Discussion of Persona 5, and the love and adoration for it, then come the P4/3 crowd to say how much better those games are and why P5 is shitty for what it changed. Then come the P2 people to say much the same about both, and then rub it in the P3/4 people's face about suffering now as they have suffered. Then discussion about what should change/be done right with Persona 6, then back to the beginning.

I'm hoping P5 will be a major change, but I'm sure it won't be. Gotta ride the success of P4.

Levito

Banned
Finished editing the podcast, I still can't think of a title though. Suggestions?

Also, I'm making this episode it's own thread on general so PLEASE don't bump the podcast's thread.

Astra

Finished editing the podcast, I still can't think of a title though. Suggestions?

Also, I'm making this episode it's own thread on general so PLEASE don't bump the podcast's thread.

At SLinkFM everyday is Listener Appreciation Day. Come listen for yourself as we get in touch with Karen Strassman.
Everyday's great at your SLink... FM.

Haha, I got nothing, but I am eagerly awaiting the upload!

EMT0

Banned
Hey PersonaGAF, so I just beat Persona 4 Golden....I think. Help me understand if I missed anything. Persona 4 endgame spoilers below.

I managed to avoid falling into the bad ending at the hospital after retrying it three or so times. I actually was on the right path of doubting that Namatame was the real killer from the get-go, but the options were too obtuse and I asked the wrong question mistakenly.

After I got past that roadbump, I guessed that it was Adachi once I was finally given an opportunity to do so, and lo and behold, I was right. I cleaned his clock pretty easily, and the final boss was just pure trial and error. The endgame during the winter was heartwarming, and the credits finally rolled. I was really satisfied with Persona 4, easily one of the best games I've ever played. The characters were great, the plot was solid(sort of), and the combat was easily some of the better JRPG combat I've seen, and although the dungeons were a step-up from Persona 3's, they were still fairly meh overall.

I went on the internet, eager to discuss my 65 hours of awesome, but I find...that I missed something pretty big. Worse, I had already begun my New Game + and my only save games aside from that all date back to early December :(

I know that I missed a dungeon after having talked to all of my S-Link friends; although I'm not sure how I was supposed to access it. I didn't complete the Aeon Arcana in time, so I know I missed out Marie's extra dungeon. I also never got the chance to go through the Jester Arcana either; was there also bonus content to go with it too?

If you guys could clear up my questions, it'd be great to hear exactly what it is that I missed. I want to hit all of the content that I can and get the best New Game + playthrough I can get(that doesn't involve using a guide to max out all my S-Links). Hell, let me know if there's anything worth mentioning that I didn't mention. Now that I've got most of the plot out of the way, hearing about everything I missed would be good to know.

ST2K

If you guys could clear up my questions, it'd be great to hear exactly what it is that I missed. I want to hit all of the content that I can and get the best New Game + playthrough I can get(that doesn't involve using a guide to max out all my S-Links). Hell, let me know if there's anything worth mentioning that I didn't mention. Now that I've got most of the plot out of the way, hearing about everything I missed would be good to know.

You missed the Super Ultra True Big Bad™ and the dungeon associated with him. You had to
not go home when the game told you to after talking with everyone on the final day and head to Junes for some brainstorming with the gang.

As for the Jester link, you can get
a new bad ending by covering for him
. I don't believe there's any other extra content besides that, other than the S Link itself and some minor tweaks to dialog you have with the character later. And you already know about missing out one the Aeon dungeon. For your New Game +, I would go for the new true ending that requires doing the Aeon dungeon in addition to defeating the Super Ultra True Big Bad™.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hey PersonaGAF, so I just beat Persona 4 Golden....I think. Help me understand if I missed anything. Persona 4 endgame spoilers below.

I managed to avoid falling into the bad ending at the hospital after retrying it three or so times. I actually was on the right path of doubting that Namatame was the real killer from the get-go, but the options were too obtuse and I asked the wrong question mistakenly.

After I got past that roadbump, I guessed that it was Adachi once I was finally given an opportunity to do so, and lo and behold, I was right. I cleaned his clock pretty easily, and the final boss was just pure trial and error. The endgame during the winter was heartwarming, and the credits finally rolled. I was really satisfied with Persona 4, easily one of the best games I've ever played. The characters were great, the plot was solid(sort of), and the combat was easily some of the better JRPG combat I've seen, and although the dungeons were a step-up from Persona 3's, they were still fairly meh overall.

I went on the internet, eager to discuss my 65 hours of awesome, but I find...that I missed something pretty big. Worse, I had already begun my New Game + and my only save games aside from that all date back to early December :(

I know that I missed a dungeon after having talked to all of my S-Link friends; although I'm not sure how I was supposed to access it. I didn't complete the Aeon Arcana in time, so I know I missed out Marie's extra dungeon. I also never got the chance to go through the Jester Arcana either; was there also bonus content to go with it too?

The only thing with Adachi's SL is a new bad end. You basically cover up that he is the killer and you get a different ending.

To get the true ending, when it asks you to go home after talking to everyone, don't. Go to Junes and go to the elevator.

Edit : Beaten.

Soriku

Aeana said "not exactly" when I said something about it being a PS4 game, while duckroll has been heavily hinting at PS4. I'm thinking its either PS4/XB1 or PS3/PS4 or maybe both(including 360). Either way I think it's going to be on PS4.

aeana said duckroll was being silly though...IDK.

Squire

Banned
Aeana said "not exactly" when I said something about it being a PS4 game, while duckroll has been heavily hinting at PS4. I'm thinking its either PS4/XB1 or PS3/PS4 or maybe both(including 360). Either way I think it's going to be on PS4.

Don't get your hopes up.

Squire

Banned
None of them work for Atlus. If they know anything in regards to Persona 5, it is likely a very small amount.

Yeah, being on staff at a site with Kagari, I can safely say you underestimate their reach.

Edit: And happy birthday, Marche! Didn't even realize.

Soriku

Realistically, I think you're all looking way too much into what the mods know.

None of them work for Atlus. If they know anything in regards to Persona 5, it is likely a very small amount.

aeana knew about SMT IV and the EO1 remake (as well as it going in a different direction) before they were announced.

Oh you guys and your astrological signs. Besides, we all know Sagittarius is where it's at.

Aquarius represent!

Happy birthday, people who have birthdays, and I hope the Strassman interview went well! So psyched to listen to it, but I'm sure it'll be nothing compared to the Baileycast.

Dantis

Not necessarily, no. But at best, it means that plans changed, and the information was second or third or fourth-hand, and was therefore somewhat unreliable.

Which is why it should be taken as a vague hint, rather than absolute.

Squire

Banned
I hope you all enjoy the Karen Strassmen episode!

Next podcast is gonna be a panel on SMTIV. Keats suggested it, so the panel will probably be him, CJ Iwakura, Armada, and of course Levito will host. That could change though.

We're on alert in case P5 is revealed. There'll be an emergency episode if that happens. No idea who'd be on it.

No idea who the next VA is. Still no idea when the music episode is happening. If you have ideas, say them.

Astra

I wish I could listen to this episode, but I still haven't listened to the first 10. I'll get on it soon, I swear.

Not listening to the previous episodes didn't stop me from listening to the episode with Erin Fitzgerald!
I've since caught up on all the episodes, though.

persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona chick fil-a persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom