• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona chick fil-a persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona persona

Did you have this? You suck. ;_;

Oh yeah, it almost got drowned out in the podcast... Happy Birthday Marche! And Happy Early Birthday CJ!

PK Gaming

Finished the Karen Strassman podcast.

You guys are so freaking awesome, I can't thank you guys enough for getting it done. Keep it up. Can''t stop. Won't stop.

Squire

Banned
Oh my god this episode is so amazing.

Seconded, it's really good so far, about a little over halfway through. I don't know how I didn't put the connection that she was Poison in SFxT so I was all "whoa wut so cool" when that got mentioned

Thank you guys so much!

Finished the Karen Strassman podcast.

You guys are so freaking awesome, I can't thank you guys enough for getting it done. Keep it up. Can''t stop. Won't stop.

nothing_stops_this_train-9763.gif

Meia

Hey PersonaGAF, so I just beat Persona 4 Golden....I think. Help me understand if I missed anything. Persona 4 endgame spoilers below.

I managed to avoid falling into the bad ending at the hospital after retrying it three or so times. I actually was on the right path of doubting that Namatame was the real killer from the get-go, but the options were too obtuse and I asked the wrong question mistakenly.

After I got past that roadbump, I guessed that it was Adachi once I was finally given an opportunity to do so, and lo and behold, I was right. I cleaned his clock pretty easily, and the final boss was just pure trial and error. The endgame during the winter was heartwarming, and the credits finally rolled. I was really satisfied with Persona 4, easily one of the best games I've ever played. The characters were great, the plot was solid(sort of), and the combat was easily some of the better JRPG combat I've seen, and although the dungeons were a step-up from Persona 3's, they were still fairly meh overall.

I went on the internet, eager to discuss my 65 hours of awesome, but I find...that I missed something pretty big. Worse, I had already begun my New Game + and my only save games aside from that all date back to early December :(

I know that I missed a dungeon after having talked to all of my S-Link friends; although I'm not sure how I was supposed to access it. I didn't complete the Aeon Arcana in time, so I know I missed out Marie's extra dungeon. I also never got the chance to go through the Jester Arcana either; was there also bonus content to go with it too?

If you guys could clear up my questions, it'd be great to hear exactly what it is that I missed. I want to hit all of the content that I can and get the best New Game + playthrough I can get(that doesn't involve using a guide to max out all my S-Links). Hell, let me know if there's anything worth mentioning that I didn't mention. Now that I've got most of the plot out of the way, hearing about everything I missed would be good to know.

Well, people covered the True Ending, but no one touched that you missed the Aeon Arcana, which is most of the new content in Golden. You know about the dungeon, but there's significantly more than just one dungeon.

If you max it before you capture Adachi, instead of the game fast forwarding from Christmas to March 20th, the game keeps going. You get a New Years event with everyone, as well as a New Years day event with a romantic partner. Fast forward a week, and you're given free time again to dungeon, or social link up until February 12th I think it is. During this time, all of your party members at rank 10 can be hung out again for further resolution to a "rank 11", as well as another evolution for their persona, which gives them another bump in elemental resistance and a brand new ability(female = OP, male = eh).

You go on a ski trip on Feb 12th which is a big event, and it leads to yet another dungeon on the 13th. Finishing the dungeon on the 13th gives you a Valentine event with everyone, and then with your romantic interest(and breaking hearts if you have more than 1). Then time fast forwards to March 20th like normal.

By doing this though, once your train leaves at the end of the game(and you got the True Ending), it comes back at some indeterminate time later, and you "play" an Epilogue chapter of sorts, which is like 10 minutes long.

Safe to say, you missed a fair bit. :p

Sophia

I should probably point out that Meia is only partially correct. The events
from Christmas to March happen regardless if you maxed out Aeon or not. The only difference is Marie's plotline continues as well and the dungeon.

Meia

I should probably point out that Meia is only partially correct. The events
from Christmas to March happen regardless if you maxed out Aeon or not. The only difference is Marie's plotline continues as well and the dungeon.

Really? I thought that
the game just skips to March 20th and basically calls you an idiot for not maxing Marie. So you just miss the ski trip?

That's not that bad then.

Sophia

Really? I thought that
the game just skips to March 20th and basically calls you an idiot for not maxing Marie. So you just miss the ski trip?

That's not that bad then.

No, you see that too. If you make it to the Good ending or better then there is no skip in Golden. You just miss out on the new dungeon and associated plotlines.
I.E. no second hotsprings because Marie isn't there.

How do I know this?
Because I fucked up and didn't realize you weren't given time to max Marie's social link after killing Ameno-Sagiri. It was at rank 9 too. Naturally the game only informed me long after I had saved.

EMT0

Banned
No, you see that too. If you make it to the Good ending or better then there is no skip in Golden. You just miss out on the new dungeon and associated plotlines.

How do I know this?
Because I fucked up and didn't realize you weren't given time to max Marie's social link after killing Ameno-Sagiri. It was at rank 9 too. Naturally the game only informed me long after I had saved.

I loved Persona 4...but not even my great love for this game can make me replay sixty-five hours back to back. I've already beaten Persona 3 Portable, so I'm off to buy Innocent Sin. Wish
I bought it while it was cheap...

Sophia

I loved Persona 4...but not even my great love for this game can make me replay sixty-five hours back to back. I've already beaten Persona 3 Portable, so I'm off to buy Innocent Sin. Wish
I bought it while it was cheap...

You said you had a saved game back from early December? Assuming the Aeon social link isn't too far behind why not start from there?

kewlmyc

How do I know this?

Multiple saves, chica. I do it with every RPG, just in case. Started doing it after I screwed up in my 2nd P4 playthrough and couldn't fight Margaret (the only reason I played it a second time).

Sophia

Multiple saves, chica. I do it with every RPG, just in case. Started doing it after I screwed up in my 2nd P4 playthrough and couldn't fight Margaret (the only reason I played it a second time).

To be fair, I had no idea you could get screwed over like that. The original game prevents you from doing so, barring overwriting your save game with a Cleared Save; and it explicitly tells you to put that in a new file.

EMT0

Banned
You said you had a saved game back from early December? Assuming the Aeon social link isn't too far behind why not start from there?

Rank 2 Aeon probably won't cut it from December 3rd, will it? :/

But you're right...I'll try. I've got a 17 hour car drive, Persona 4 Golden, and a Vita with a car charger. It's S-Linkage time.

PK Gaming

But you're right...I'll try. I've got a 17 hour car drive, Persona 4 Golden, and a Vita with a car charger. It's S-Linkage time.

I was in the exact same situation as you were. You can make it.

Sophia

I was in the exact same situation as you were. You can make it.

Probably not for Aeon. He can get the true ending. But he most likely won't get the new dungeon or the epilogue.

Summon an Aeon arcana Persona (doesn't matter what level) and meet up with Marie every single chance you get and hope for the best. Any day you can't spend with Marie, work on the dungeon. Ignore all other social links and events. Don't defeat the boss until her rank is maxed out. The deadline is December 24.

And for gods sakes, don't overwrite that save form December 3rd.

PK Gaming

Probably not for Aeon. He can get the true ending. But he most likely won't get the new dungeon or the epilogue.

Summon an Aeon arcana Persona (doesn't matter what level) and meet up with Marie every single chance you get and hope for the best. The deadline is December 24.

I was on day 10 / rank 2 for aeon and I still maxed it before Christmas. I managed to see the christmas events and true ending to boot. He can do it!

I have the save file to prove it.

Meia

Summon an Aeon arcana Persona (doesn't matter what level) and meet up with Marie every single chance you get and hope for the best. The deadline is December 24.

I think it's doable. The above + relationship fortune at night if the link isn't ready to go up if you have to spend time with her(resetting if you don't get a Strong fortune) could work.

On the last case of Apollo Justice, and not sure what to think of the game so far. I think the new system is a neat idea, just implemented poorly. Psyche Locks were more fun.

Sophia

Yeah, I just remembered while I was editing my post that Marie's available every day in December. He can definitely do it then.

jaxword

Long as fuck JRPGs on the Vita? Disgaea series I guess.

It's not similar, but Muramasa Rebirth is fun as hell and Virture's Last Reward if you've played 999.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Already got Virtue done, great game, but can't really replay it after you replay it fully, haha.

I'll look at those, thanks.

cjkeats

Can you guys please recommend any similar games for the Vita for a long plane ride?

Not really simliar, but Hot Shots Golf is an easy way to waste hours.
Atelier Totori is another time-managment, lightly paced, jrpg. It's okay, but nothing all that exciting.

I recommend a healthy combination of Golf and TiTs.

Sol1dus

Guys I'm just did the October midterms in P4G, and
Naoto is already part of my party.
I'm getting close to the end correct?

cjkeats

So I got to the part in P2IS mentioned a few pages back, about halfway(?)
where the nazis invade with metal gears
. This game is going a little off the deep end.

edit: Question about my party:
I assume I'm going to get Jun soon, so does someone leave the party voluntarily or do I have to pick members? If so, who? I'm thinking Yukino, my fusion spell with her only does half the damage Lisa and Eikichi's fusion spell does.

Dantis

I'm finding these kind of responses hilarious. I feel like people have way overhyped what is, in reality, a pretty decent, quirky JRPG story.

Actually, it's better than pretty decent. But it's not like, one of the best stories in gaming.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

edit: Question about my party:
I assume I'm going to get Jun soon, so does someone leave the party voluntarily or do I have to pick members? If so, who? I'm thinking Yukino, my fusion spell with her only does half the damage Lisa and Eikichi's fusion spell does.

You are correct. Yukino leaves the party voluntarily and Jun replaces her.

Squire

Banned
I'm finding these kind of responses hilarious. I feel like people have way overhyped what is, in reality, a pretty decent, quirky JRPG story.

Actually, it's better than pretty decent. But it's not like, one of the best stories in gaming.

Reading this thread and the last one, yeah, that's exactly what they've done.

Not gonna put anyone on blast and god bless 'em, but certain posters have made Persona 2's story sound like the second coming.

I'm not reading the spoilers though, since I still want to play it.

cjkeats

I braced myself for this going in. I'm not getting fooled by overhype again like I was for Bioshock Infinite.
You are correct. Yukino leaves the party voluntarily and Jun replaces her.
I figured, she was kinda being a stinker in battle anyways.
Yeah, that title goes to a few other JRPGs on the Playstation. Actually, some of those have the same Gameplay problems as Persona 2 now that I think about it...
All of these are on my "to play" list, I expect to be underwhelmed. I already played a bit of Tactics, multiple times, but the story never clicked. I liked the whimsical set ups for the Advance games more, but like most games, I never did finish either of them.

I am baffled as to how you guys didn't expect things to get crazy in a game where the crux of the story is "all rumors become reality"

also when it comes right down to it, Persona has never had "the best story in gaming", in fact, some are actually pretty mediocre, its the characters that sell it, and in my opinion, Persona 2 has the best characters, followed by 4, then 3 then 1. (no I am not insane I will not say 1 has better characters than 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom