• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjkeats

Real talk, do you guys listen to any other hip-hop/rap?

Because LJ is whack, seriously.

I listen to enough. Not enough to be a stuffy uptight "Yo his flow is wack" person.
Yeezus is the album of the year. Eat it.
For a japanese dude? He's fine. His songs are catchy and fun. That's all I need.

Squire

Banned
Nope!

Though I'm not sure what you're implying here.

Oh nothing! *whistle*

I listen to enough. Not enough to be a stuffy uptight "Yo his flow is wack" person.
Yeezus is the album of the year. Eat it.
For a japanese dude? He's fine. His songs are catchy and fun. That's all I need.

Ironically, your second sentence and your spoiler combine to make the perfect oxymoron. That's who Yeezus was made for.

Dantis

His songs are catchy and fun. That's all I need.

Exactly. I like what I hear, and that's all that bothers me.

Meguro's main thing is guitar (And synth, but that's not an instrument ;)). Compared to most metal guitarists, he is drastically inferior. But I'd still sooner listen to Meguro.

Edit: Oh god Saki Konishi is alive and worked on SMT IV.

3ZDBi.jpg
ohmygah
If you guys like LJ, listen to Overdrive from Jojo.
Too good. I'd seriously like to see more of this series get an official stateside release, all that ever came out were some volumes of the manga, the Capcom game, and 13 episodes from an older OVA, all of those just based on Crusaders. I wish some more than just Part 3 got official exposure outside of Japan

Jintor

I love Japanese hip-hop that uses english fluently

That is to say, 've heard one song that does that besides Lotus Juice and I liked it a lot

Also, the reverse doesn't happen very often. Only song I know that does that is Shame of the Otaku by MC Frontalot.

Meia

Don't like LJ much, but even then I didn't mind the songs in 3. I don't like Jazz much either(even after playing it for a bit in high school), but I'd probably learn to like it if I listen to 100 hours of it in a persona game. :p

I think at this point with persona 5 we definitely see a return of Philemon and Nyar, and find out they were present in 3 and 4 as well, if not specifically then just that Nyar tried a few times since but still failed.
The "goal" of the last few big bads has been too similar to be a coincidence. Throw in Arena, and coincidence is out the window.

Then again, it's equally possible it'll be a separate Persona brand that does this, maybe even a more traditional RPG featuring characters from 3/4, while 5 is more like 3/4. The only thing that makes me doubt this is what I put in the spoiler, doing it AGAIN is a bit too on the nose.

I think if we get Jazzy we're getting a college cast though, just think it fits better.

Levito

Banned
LJ's work with Meguro is good, but that's mostly because of Meguro. LJ has this really boring dull tone in his voice the whole time in all of his songs, he's like the Ben Stein of hiphop.

Meguro's main thing is guitar (And synth, but that's not an instrument ;)). Compared to most metal guitarists, he is drastically inferior. But I'd still sooner listen to Meguro.

Meguro is a pretty good guitarist, but I'm curious, who do you have in mind when you say "most metal guitarists"?

If you're talking someone like Tosin Abasi, yeah Meguro doesn't measure up. :p

LJ's work with Meguro is good, but that's mostly because of Meguro. LJ has this really boring dull tone in his voice the whole time in all of his songs, he's like the Ben Stein of hiphop.

I now want to hear Ben Stein preform hiphop, actually. It has so much hilarity potential.

PK Gaming

Preliminary thoughts on Persona 1:

• This game has a fantastic soundtrack... and there are people who actually hate it? What? Why? I really can't fathom that. I mean it shouldn't be too surprising to me, since it's Meguro, but wow, it's really good. (A lone prayer, and the world map theme are my favorites so far)
  • Even though it's an old game, the touch ups given to it make look and feel significantly better. Really giving the nods to Persona 3 and 4. (For example, there is a black card that spins during the loading screen)
  • Different game, different kids. Persona 2 actually seems like the black sheep in this regard, because the majority of the playable characters aren't school children.
  • The main cast is pretty good for the most part. Apparently the 5th character slot is up to your own discretion, so I plan on picking Reiji (since I get access to all of the other characters in the snow queen sidequest)
  • Masao's (Mark) Persona is Ogun, an African god. I thought that was a funny coincidence :p
  • MC's Persona gets access to all of the wimp spells (Pulinpa, Makajam, etc)
  • Contacting is 100X better in this game than in Persona 2, good god.
  • Random encounters honestly don't seem that bad.

So many of the characters in the franchise gloss of the fact that their Personas are freaky god / demon entities, but Eriko seems to have appreciated just how awesome of a concept Persona is. I should have taken a screenshot of her reiterating the I am thou line, haha.

cjkeats

[*]This game has a fantastic soundtrack... and there are people who actually hate it? What? Why? I really can't fathom that. I mean it shouldn't be too surprising to me, since it's Meguro, but wow, it's really good. (A lone prayer, and the world map theme are my favorites so far)

The soundtrack is great in both versions. I only played a bit of Revelations, but the soundtrack was a completely different beast. Just check out the hospital track. Atmospheric as hell.

New soundtrack is awesome too, School Days is one of my all time favourite Persona songs.

I really liked the characters too. Maki is my favourite. Can't wait to find her in P2.

Marche90

I'm ashamed to admit that I thought about a different 'School Days' when I just glanced over that post >.>

Aaaaaaaaaanyway. Meguro did an awesome work reworking the P1 OST, naysayers be damned. A Lone Prayer is a favorite of mine

They completely destroy the atmosphere of the original, but the songs themselves are mostly high quality, so that offsets that I guess.

cjkeats

I'm ashamed to admit that I thought about a different 'School Days' when I just glanced over that post >.>

Aaaaaaaaaanyway. Meguro did an awesome work reworking the P1 OST, naysayers be damned. A Lone Prayer is a favorite of mine

Nothing to be ashamed about, it's only the greatest love story of all time ^_^

Most people so against the new are most likely people who slogged through the original, and got the atmospheric tunes of the OG game. Some of the new tracks don't exactly fit with their scenes.
Original also has many more tracks.

How long is the first game?

About 30 hours. Longer if you do both routes.

Sophia

How long is the first game?

Depends. If you do one route? 30-40 hours. If you do both? Probably double that.

Around what level should I be to beat the last boss if I'm playing on easy? I'm lvl54 right now and its october 31. (P4G)

On Easy you can probably win at 80. You're actually a really good level for where you're at. Most of the Persona in the next dungeon start at level 45-50, which means you're overleveled slightly.

Sol1dus

Depends. If you do one route? 30-40 hours. If you do both? Probably double that.

On Easy you can probably win at 80. You're actually a really good level for where you're at. Most of the Persona in the next dungeon start at level 45-50, which means you're overleveled slightly.

Awesome! Thanks a bunch.

Sophia

Awesome! Thanks a bunch.

Rule of thumb: You want to be within 5 levels of the enemy you're facing usually. On Easy you can go up to within 10 and be safe providing your Personae aren't total junk. Check the level of the enemy you're facing using the analyze feature.

Astra

I bought the Nyko Power Grip today. Played some Dragon's Crown with it on, and it makes the Vita a lot more comfortable to hold. DC is much easier to play now.

Levito

Banned
I like that site. It's helpful.

Really disapproving of your avatar switch. Chie-Rock was easily the best avatar on this forum.

Thought the whole Rock thing was getting old, so I figured I should change it.

Reverting.

I bought the Nyko Power Grip today. Played some Dragon's Crown with it on, and it makes the Vita a lot more comfortable to hold. DC is much easier to play now.

I need to get that, playing the vita really hurts my hands.

Astra

I need to get that, playing the vita really hurts my hands.

Definitely. On top of the comfort, it also extends the battery life.
Couldn't find it online at a good price, but luckily my local EBgames had one in. Cheapest I found online was $40, though I didn't look around too much.

Apparently the Hori Grip is even better, since you can adjust the hand grips to your comfort. That one is even harder to find.

cjkeats

Only 3DS game that caused pain was Mario Kart for some reason. Everything else was fine.
With the XL I've had no problems at all with any game.

I played 150 hours of Kid Icarus Uprising with very little problem. I guess playing so much Elite Beat Agents either made me perfect my claw hand or disabled all of the nerves in my left arm
KuGsj.gif

Astra

The 3DS kills me. Playing a game like Fire Emblem isn't too bad, since it doesn't require much in the way of swift input. SMTIV should be fine as well, whenever I get around to playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom