• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Preliminary thoughts on Persona 1:

• This game has a fantastic soundtrack... and there are people who actually hate it? What? Why? I really can't fathom that. I mean it shouldn't be too surprising to me, since it's Meguro, but wow, it's really good. (A lone prayer, and the world map theme are my favorites so far)
  • Even though it's an old game, the touch ups given to it make look and feel significantly better. Really giving the nods to Persona 3 and 4. (For example, there is a black card that spins during the

• Yea the music is good but it will REALLY start to grate soon given how few tracks are in the game. About halfway through I played listening to podcasts and other stuff, mostly in dungeons. I did tend to play for several hour stretches which did add to the cloying eventuality.

Never played the original, so complaints are a bit lost on me and the chirpy change, but I found it mostly fitting. It's still a mostly upbeat game with a bit of dark overtones.

I finished a few weeks ago on the true path(SEBEC side). 30-40 hours is accurate. Took me around that. I expect snow queen is much shorter but tougher. My save before the decision was 3.5 hours. Was told to add 15-20 to finish that route.

Enjoy the game though. Story is ok and the characters less beloved than the other games, but I found the gameplay held up far stronger than my recent play of innocent sin. It has its own quirks that bring it down, but it's far better paced and snappier with negotiations and auto battle.

Yes, Marin Karin is pretty whack.

97st4FG.jpg

they totally have 5 party members in that picture

Tamanon

Banned
Basically tomorrow at this time, we'll know of any P5 teaser there, and probably Famitsu leaks will hit since it'd leak earlier than most stuff(being highly anticipated).

We're almost there guys!
I hope

Squire

Banned
Basically tomorrow at this time, we'll know of any P5 teaser there, and probably Famitsu leaks will hit since it'd leak earlier than most stuff(being highly anticipated).

We're almost there guys!
I hope

Yep. Here's to hoping!
So then how long after that is the P5 reveal?

It wouldn't be after the concert, but at the close of it, I presume. You know, like a "By the way, here's one more thing!" type of deal.

Levito

Banned
So what time PST is the concert?

Crazy to think it might actually be announced today, I mean it probably wont be, not nearly enough rumours. Here's to hoping though.

EDIT: Oh god it's going to be on at like 2am.

Dantis

According to LJ, the concert will be broadcasted live through this site.

We should all watch it together, at the same time.

WHAT.

It's like 4 in the morning here, but I might stay up for it.

EDIT: Wait, I worked that out wrong. It would be like 11am.

Definitely going to give it a look.

EDIT 2: I might be misinterpreting this, but it looks like it's behind a paywall. 1500 yen per hour? If that's right, that's pretty pricey.

Levito

Banned
Honestly the concert itself isn't the interesting to me, the footage I've seen of previous years with someone awkwardly dancing in a Kuma costume was weak.

Only interested in the potential P5 reveal.

cjkeats

Honestly the concert itself isn't the interesting to me, the footage I've seen of previous years with someone awkwardly dancing in a Kuma costume was weak.

Only interested in the potential P5 reveal.

Teddie was the MC. Previous years it was Igor, but obviously he couldn't do it last year.

The concerts are amazing.
Why do you guys think that it might be shown there?

Because if it's ready to be shown they'd be stupid not to show it there. It's the biggest Persona event ever.

Dantis

You keep trying to force this and it's not. Heresay is not a hunch.

Unless somebody has said to you "They're showing it at Persona Music Live", then it's just a hunch, right? It's only hearsay if it's actual information, rather than something extrapolated from vague hints.

Unless somebody has said to you "They're showing it at Persona Music Live", then it's just a hunch, right? It's only hearsay if it's actual information, rather than something extrapolated from vague hints.

Your hope is running a little low there, and your negativity is too high.

Dantis

Squire

Banned

The concert, yes. August, no. It's this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom