• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
It's like we've all forgotten the E3 hype train! GOTTA STAY ON THE RAILS THIS TIME. LAST TIME WE CRASHED AND BURNED.

It's like we've all forgotten the E3 hype train! GOTTA STAY ON THE RAILS THIS TIME. LAST TIME WE CRASHED AND BURNED.

GOTTA STAY ON THE RAILS THIS TIME. LAST TIME WE CRASHED AND BURNED.

LAST TIME WE CRASHED AND BURNED.

WE CRASHED AND BURNED.

wRxfLKQ.png

So how's Persona GAF doing, are those that have descended down to madness having a great party there =P?

Any tidbits of new information or we're still grasping at straws here?

Sophia

Is there anything hinting at August? I'm not questiong really I am just hoping for something. Been waiting for a long time.

The moderators outright said that, barring any plan changes (which have happened often), it would most likely be before TGS. Realistically that puts it either at this festival, or at the end of August/start of September. Any later and you get drowned out in the pre-TGS hype.

Levito

Banned
This week makes the most sense, the only reason I'm still doubtful is there's so little rumors. Outside of mods hinting at stuff vaguely(like they did at E3) there's nothing.

Normally when a huge game is about to be announced there's rampant speculation all over the internet. Now granted Persona may not be popular enough for such speculation, but still.

Dantis

The moderators outright said that, barring any plan changes (which have happened often), it would most likely be before TGS. Realistically that puts it either at this festival, or at the end of August/start of September. Any later and you get drowned out in the pre-TGS hype.

Agreed. I think we're all expecting it sometime over the next two months. Genuinely, I'm just surprised it hasn't already been shown.

Squire

Banned
This week makes the most sense, the only reason I'm still doubtful is there's so little rumors. Outside of mods hinting at stuff vaguely(like they did at E3) there's nothing.

Normally when a huge game is about to be announced there's rampant speculation all over the internet. Now granted Persona may not be popular enough for such speculation, but still.

Persona's not big enough. There isn't even room for a "but still". It's just not on that level.

Levito

Banned
You'd figure with Index going up for sale that it'd leak in some fashion. If it gets announced soon without any content leaking, the people over at Atlus must be planting bombs in their employees skulls that go off if the game is even mentioned outside of the office.

Squire

Banned
You'd figure with Index going up for sale that it'd leak in some fashion. If it gets announced soon without any content leaking, the people over at Atlus must be planting bombs in their employees skulls that go off if the game is even mentioned outside of the office.

Well, I think we know it's being discussed outside of Atlus.

Levito

Banned
Persona's not big enough. There isn't even room for a "but still". It's just not on that level.

On sites like GAF,4chan, SA, reddit etc it's actually pretty big, it's not out of the realm of speculation just because it's not Halo. Just look at the thread Dantis posted about the domain being registered, people were going apeshit.

Squire

Banned
On sites like GAF,4chan, SA, reddit etc it's actually pretty big, it's not out of the realm of speculation just because it's not Halo. Just look at the thread Dantis posted about the domain being registered, people were going apeshit.

Sure, but the speculation you're talking about usually happens on those sites after rumors in the press. Persona would never get the latter.

Lunar15

What are you guys going on about? Tomorrow's tuesday, Persona information is always going to come on the next available tuesday.

So just sit tight and stay up all night to hear about all that great persona news tomorrow... on tuesday... it's always tuesday...

#believe #itsalwaysnexttuesday #personagafdreams #thisthreadtookthechaosroutemonthsago

Caladrius

What are you guys going on about? Tomorrow's tuesday, Persona information is always going to come on the next available tuesday.

So just sit tight and stay up all night to hear about all that great persona news tomorrow... on tuesday... it's always tuesday...

#believe #itsalwaysnexttuesday #personagafdreams #thisthreadtookthechaosroutemonthsago

If Tuesday was your parent I would be calling social services.

Levito

Banned
Sure, but the speculation you're talking about usually happens on those sites after rumors in the press. Persona would never get the latter.

Actually I disagree, tons of gaming press report on stuff found on the sites I mentioned hahaha. (Mostly GAF)

Honestly if something like From Software's secret Sony PS4 exclusive(which is probably Demon's Souls 2) can get a ton of speculation I think Persona easily could.

Did Persona GAF talk to death of the movie as well? Hype? No hype? Though it's on a story we already know... At least there's more information on it than Persona 5 at this point.

What are you guys doing to get you through the Persona-less information for these many months/years, in fact? XD

Did Persona GAF talk to death of the movie as well? Hype? No hype? Though it's on a story we already know... At least there's more information on it than Persona 5 at this point.

What are you guys doing to get you through the Persona-less information for these many months/years, in fact? XD

Cryogenic sleep

cjkeats

The cynicism today is insufferable.
I learnt from Maya and am positive thinking! All day, everyday.

The movie is anime so everyone already hates it ;)

So far we've gotten by going in circles about the same 2 or 3 topics.

Caladrius

The cynicism is due to being let down repeatedly.

Indeed.

At this point I'm holding no expectations

Well, okay, I am holding expectations for SR IV next week, but never game announcements. They always seem to come when I'm not paying attention.

I don't even get that. True MegaTen fans love every game in the series. Except Ronde. >_>

Because gamers. We have too much time to argue about pointless things.

Squire

Banned
The cynicism is due to being let down repeatedly.

Yeah, I'll never understand that; post-hype depression. It's video games.

I get excited at the possibility. When it doesn't happen, I just move on and look forward to the next chance, not greet it with "Remember last time?!", but that's just me.

Dantis

I learnt from Maya and am positive thinking! All day, everyday.

The movie is anime so everyone already hates it ;)

I think we're all hyped for the movie, aren't we?

We argue in circles about absolutely nothing.

Levito

Banned
Honestly all I want to know more than anything is what platform(s) it's on. Please for the love of god be on a console PLEASE.

Yeah, I'll never understand that; post-hype depression. It's video games.

You could say that about most things people get outraged over in videogames.

Squire

Banned
Honestly all I want to know more than anything is what platform(s) it's on. Please for the love of god be on a console PLEASE.

You could say that about most things people get outraged over in videogames.

That's true.

And it's on a console. You know that. XD

PK Gaming

Of course that P4 vs SMTIV topic would turn into stealth bashin each other lol

images

"I have ever been at a loss"

"Both SMTIV fans and P4 fans speak only of themselves whenever they open their mouths..."

"If only they would be considerate of their fellow man... Just imagine it..."

"What is preventing them from doing so? Why can they not respect the opinion of others?"

"Are SMT and P4 fans creatures that cannot band together as one?"

"But now, I understand what I must I do."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom