• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
It's probably worth pointing out that this happened last year. They played a few unreleased songs, including Best Friends and Time To Make History.

What? They didn't say they were from Golden? Golden hadn't been announced yet?

Wouldn't it be great to see those P3 movies in theatres?

We don't know that, could be a fucking iOS game, in which case there'll be enough rage that several people will attain Super Sayin 3.

It'd be awesome!

Also, you're a cruel man, People's Bacon. A cruel man, indeed.

Levito

Banned
Sorry, I left my sense of humour on the hype train and then missed the last departure.

Now I'm stuck at the station with no happiness or hype, and only TurnipFritters for company.

Legitimately laughed out loud at this, almost choked on my coffee.

Sophia

What? They didn't say they were from Golden? Golden hadn't been announced yet?

Time To Make History at Persona Music Live 2013 was just the same as the in-game Golden version. They looped it tho.

I'm not sure if the full version of Best Friends was out when the concert happened or not. It certainly was when it hit DVD.

Dantis

Time To Make History at Persona Music Live 2013 was just the same as the in-game Golden version. They looped it tho.

I'm not sure if the full version of Best Friends was out when the concert happened or not. It certainly was when it hit DVD.

It wasn't. I had the soundtrack preordered. It came out in July.

EDIT: I just checked, and it was actually August. WHATEVS.

Logash

To be fair, it doesn't matter who buys Atlus, I'm sure Persona 5 is way too far in development to be changed in any dramatic way.

Dantis

Everyone would know since both games were released before the concert took place.

Wasn't the concert in April? Golden was released in June.

And Arena was out in July, and the Arcade version (Which was out in March) doesn't have the vocal version of Best Friends, and neither version has the full track.

Sophia

Wasn't the concert in April? Golden was released in June.

And Arena was out in July, and the Arcade version (Which was out in March) doesn't have the vocal version of Best Friends, and neither version has the full track.

Remember. Best Friends was on the internet (as was the opening) like a month before the console version came out.

Meia

Wouldn't it be great to see those P3 movies in theatres?

I remember seeing Princess Mononoke in a theater in NYC, as well as Spirited Away when I was commuting to college there. Great experiences, and I would KILL for even an uber limited release over here, but it won't happen. :(

Dantis

Remember. Best Friends was on the internet (as was the opening) like two months before the console version came out.

Right. Which wouldn't be April. ;)

Also, the full version was first heard on the CD, for whatever small amount that's worth.

My point is just that it's within the realm of possibility that they'll play a P5 (Or more likely, a P3 movie) track.

Levito

Banned
I remember seeing Princess Mononoke in a theater in NYC, as well as Spirited Away when I was commuting to college there. Great experiences, and I would KILL for even an uber limited release over here, but it won't happen. :(

Almost saw the first Evangelion Rebuild move in theatre's, never got around to actually doing it though. So many regrets.

Levito

Banned
So when they localize P5, would you guys like it if they avoided using voice actors that've already been in the series? (Not the same characters, same VO's doing different characters)

Everyone freaks out now if Troy Baker is in a game because he's in everything now.

You missed nothing, it wasn't very good.

I loved that movie.

cjkeats

Almost saw the first Evangelion Rebuild move in theatre's, never got around to actually doing it though. So many regrets.

I saw the second in theatres. It was amazing. Full house of utter confusion.
Also saw the Madoka movies in theatres. Aniplex have been awesome with those, releasing them near simultaneously with the JP theatrical release. Not sure Persona will get the same treatment though.

Caladrius

So when they localize P5, would you guys like it if they avoided using voice actors that've already been in the series? (Not the same characters, same VO's doing different characters)

No. We'd miss a chance for the voice actors to talk to themselves if there were cameos.

Meia

Everyone freaks out now if Troy Baker is in a game because he's in everything now.

I loved that movie.

Does Atlus even have enough different VAs for that to be an option? :p

I think a few of them have more than enough range for them to get away with using old actors. Not going to lie that in terms of P4(Massive spoilers)
I figured out who the killer was purely because of the actor playing the part. Didn't think he'd have a "bit" part, which it was portrayed at at first.

Everyone did freak out about Nolan North too until they found out he was in Arkham City and Last of Us. I think Baker has enough range to be someone else that sounded different, just a matter of if he'd want to. Of course, this is all provided 5 actually has a new cast in the first place. :)

And I too loved the first two new Eva movies. The second one was magical though due to the changes.

Squire

Banned

I'd be fine with it, since it'd probably a cast if actors I consider myself a fan or mostly.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
images

"I have ever been at a loss"

"Both SMTIV fans and P4 fans speak only of themselves whenever they open their mouths..."

"If only they would be considerate of their fellow man... Just imagine it..."

"What is preventing them from doing so? Why can they not respect the opinion of others?"

"Are SMT and P4 fans creatures that cannot band together as one?"

"But now, I understand what I must I do."

Jesus Christ I just read that in his navely voice.

Levito

Banned
Everyone did freak out about Nolan North too until they found out he was in Arkham City and Last of Us. I think Baker has enough range to be someone else that sounded different, just a matter of if he'd want to. Of course, this is all provided 5 actually has a new cast in the first place. :)

And I too loved the first two new Eva movies. The second one was magical though due to the changes.

Nolan North and Troy Baker get tons of shit because so often they're cast and they just use their natural voice. Though I think the performances are usually more subtle then people give them credit for.

Troy for example: Kanji, Booker Dewitt and Joel from TLOU all sound quite different from eachother to me. Sure you can tell it's Troy baker each time, but the timbre and performances are so wildly different. Then there's when he did Twoface and you wouldn't be able to tell it was him unless someone told you.

Every voice actor has a wide range, when we talked to Karen I was a little awestruck how completely different her Nanako and Aigis voices sound from her natural voice. That is, how she could just change it on a dime.

Nolan North and Troy Baker get tons of shit because so often they're cast and they just use their natural voice. Though I think the performances are usually more subtle then people give them credit for.

Troy for example: Kanji, Booker Dewitt and Joel from TLOU all sound quite different from eachother to me. Sure you can tell it's Troy baker each time, but the timbre and performances are so wildly different. Then there's when he did Twoface and it wouldn't be able to tell it was him unless someone told you.

Every voice actor has a wide range, when we talked to Karen I was a little awestruck how completely different her Nanako and Aigis voices sound from her natural voice. That is, how she could just change it on a dime.

My favorite part, blew my mind

Sophia

Karen is a woman of a thousand voices. On top of her Nanako and Aigis voices she also has her badass one (Kallen in Code Geass) and a sultry voice (Fasalina in GunXSword)

Blew my mind upon re-watch of GunXSword that she was both Fasalina and Aigis.

Moonlight

Banned
Karen is a woman of a thousand voices. On top of her Nanako and Aigis voices she also has her badass one (Kallen in Code Geass) and a sultry voice (Fasalina in GunXSword)

Blew my mind upon re-watch of GunXSword that she was both Fasalina and Aigis.
Just from this year, she's gone from Phi from ZR to Anna from FE.

Neither, I would have called as being Karen, let alone the same VA being shared between characters.

She's kind of my hero.

Squire

Banned
I agree with everything Levito is saying and kind of hope she's cast in P5's dub, so we can invite her on the podcast again.

ST2K

She is pretty incredible at what she does. The way she changes her cadence, pitch, tone, etc. is just something that is difficult to wrap your mind around. Having such control and skill, even with something as simple as your voice, is truly impressive.

Ah always hated the fact that JYB voiced Adachi and MC as well in the English version =/

Troy Barker is the new Nolan North, next it will be Matt Mercer XD

Sophia

Well we all know that Aigis is going to return for Persona 5 and Persona 4 Arena 2, and whoever buys out Atlus will want a sequel to Aigis: The First Mission as well! So there will be plenty of times to invite her back! >_>

I am in no way displaying my ulterior motive am I? :p

ST2K

By the way, are you all 100% sure Persona 5 is going to take place with a new cast? There was some concern after P4A that they might try to join those universes up for Persona 5.

Sophia

By the way, are you all 100% sure Persona 5 is going to take place with a new cast? There was some concern after P4A that they might try to join those universes up for Persona 5.

All the Persona games take place in the same universe, and it wouldn't be the first time they've had characters from one game appear in another (Persona 1 to Persona 2)

Dantis

At the very least, I think it will be mostly a new cast.

ST2K

I think we all generally assume and agree P5 will revolve around a new cast, cameos from past games not withstanding.

That's what I'm hoping for, but the cynic in me can't help but wonder if they don't want to abandon the settings that made the series so (relatively) popular.

What if Persona 5 is actually Persona 4-2?

The plot is Yu's gone missing and Rise, Yukiko, Chie, Naoto and Kanji have to go find him while faffing about along the way.

Yosuke and Teddie stay home because they are not women and/or Kanji.

1000000 copies sold.

Trigger

The plot is Yu's gone missing and Rise, Yukiko, Chie, Naoto and Kanji have to go find him while faffing about along the way.

1000000 copies sold.

Needs more hot springs.

1000000 copies sold.

Nah man Persona 4-2 is gonna be about Marie and weather reports, Rise makes a cameo in a maid outfit. Tatarus comes back as a hot springs.

Folks gotta let go of the P4 cast as much as everyone love them, P5 has to not alienate new players.

We have enough players

But for real Im sticking with my theory of P5 being its own thing, with Arenas storyline being a spinoff.

Then again someone here brought up a good point, that the goals of the previous two bad guys were similar, in which case Persona 5 could be the game that adds all that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom