• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musolf815

Whoa, WHAT?

And my initial gut reaction is that this shouldn't affect P5 really right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P4A stuff done by a fighting game team with Atlus, not directly the Persona team aside from writing and character design? And P4G came out the same year as P4A...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Whoa, WHAT?

And my initial gut reaction is that this shouldn't affect P5 really right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the P4A stuff done by a fighting game team with Atlus, not directly the Persona team aside from writing and character design? And P4G came out the same year as P4A...

Arc System Works developed P4 Arena, I think the persona team worked on the story.

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, WHAT?

25TH ANNIVERSARY

Just as keikaku. First P4A2, then P5, then SMTxFE, then Catherine 2, then random studio collab of the Persona IP, etc.

If this game isn't in my hands in the next five months I am flying to Japan and murdering someone.

And if I get the game and Junpei sucks, I am flying to Japan and murdering someone.

Yeah her outfit is quite clearly Super Sentai/Toku inspired, bow and all. Maybe she mistakenly took fashion tips from Mitsuru.

Nah, her profile says something about her being a model and a hero show, but then maybe Mitsy is the one producing the show
(I can't read it all because smushed kanji)
qafF1oe.jpg

Sophia

Nah, her profile says something about her being a model and a hero show, but then maybe Mitsy is the one producing the show
(I can't read it all because smushed kanji)

Ah you're right. It does say that. Interesting. I didn't even pay attention to the profiles because of everyone going HOLY SHIT NEW P4A.

Kazzy

people said it wouldn't happen and that P4A was dead

yessssss

It's good to be wrong!

I was a little weary about picking up P4A, for precisely that reason. I don't want to play a fighter by myself!

I might have to go to an arcade to check this out.

Levito

Banned
when do you guys want to do a podcast?

Dacidbro literally JUST tweeted at me saying he'd come back any time to do Arena 2 talk. hahah

Levito

Banned
I CALL A SLOT TO RANT ABOUT JUNPEI SOME MORE

Hmm if we're going to have Dacidbro on again, might be best to have more FGC related stuff. :p

9PM PST tomorrow

Any who are interested let me know so I can be put in a hard place of having to choose who comes on and who doesn't. Yaay -_-

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hmm if we're going to have Dacidbro on again, might be best to have more FGC related stuff. :p

9PM PST tomorrow

Any who are interested let me know so I can be put in a hard place of having to choose who comes on and who does. Yaay -_-

I'll wait for the SMT IV one. :)

TWILT

Banned
I do hope this news means P4A stays at Evo for another year (even though Arc is working on three fighters at the moment).

Hey, I know my Daigos from my Justin Wongs! I followed some of EVO! ;P

But yeah, I'd be more qualified to talk about the characters themselves and speculate on the story than talk about how it could affect the competitive scene. I'll be back for the post-release story discussion though!

Noi

Looking at ArcSys' methods of doing game updates, every single one has at least a little bit of extra plot content than the last if it's not a full sequel. Looking at BlazBlue:

CT - Original Story
CS - Whole new Plot following after CT.
CSII - Additional plot to add to CS's.
CSEX - Even more plot to add to CS's.
CP - Whole new plot following after CS.

Levito

Banned
Hey, I know my Daigos from my Justin Wongs! I followed some of EVO! ;P

But yeah, I'd be more qualified to talk about the characters themselves and speculate on the story than talk about how it could affect the competitive scene. I'll be back for the post-release story discussion though!

We still haven't done a podcast on Arena's story in general, so you wouldn't have to wait for a post release episode. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom