• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yo93

Are there any good portraits of Yukari? Like her win screen or whatever? There's a lot of details that are tough to see.
p4a-do-14.jpg

008.jpg

kewlmyc

I'm excited and I suck at fighting games. I just want to see how they continue this crazy spinoff story. I wonder who the other two characters are going to be, though if you were on IRC last night, you already know one of the characters I personally want. :p

Meia

BTW, in case anyone is interested in FFXIV, I'm snagging all of the female Persona 3/4 names before the game goes live, so if you want any and are interested in the game, let me know. :)

This will be on Ultros btw, one of the main servers GAF plays on.

Squire

Banned
I just realized Marie has a persona of her own.

I'd be much more interested in her joining the roster than Makoto. If I have my druthers, the last two will be her and Maggy.

But both of the empty slots are on the P4 side. No Makoto appearing, devaluing the ending, message and overall whole point of Persona 3 confirmed!

I do hope we get some alternate costumes. I'd love to see the P3 gang in their old uniforms.

Sprites make this very, very hard, and possible game unbalancing.

BTW, who is to say this character screen will stay in the retail version? I dunno how much arcsys does this, but sometimes, fighters change select screens from the arcade to the home versions. Also remember, that the console version of P4A had exclusive characters not found in the Arcade one.

Lunar15

Sprites make this very, very hard, and possible game unbalancing.

BTW, who is to say this character screen will stay in the retail version? I dunno how much arcsys does this, but sometimes, fighters change select screens from the arcade to the home versions. Also remember, that the console version of P4A had exclusive characters not found in the Arcade one.

Also, when they revealed P4A, I remember the first character screen didn't have everyone on it as well. We saw the full character screen closer to launch.

Why don't they just take out the 4 from the title now. The ORIGINAL game was already The P3 and Naoto Show: Featuring The Persona 4 Players. This one has even more P3 characters.

Dantis

I have returned. Had some thoughts on Arena 2. Haven't read the Arena thread, so someone may have made similar observations. But whatever.

- Shadow selves are obviously to justify the characters fighting each other. I actually really like this idea. Much. much better than the justification in the first game.

- Junpei as a baseball player is logical, if mildly far-fetched. He used his sword like a baseball bat already, so it's kind of a fan-service thing. It's neat.

- Yukari as an actress kiiiind of makes sense. We didn't actually know much about her outside of the fact that she did archery, so it works. Featherman was also a big thing in Persona 2, so it all ties together rather nicely. She looks silly wearing her outfit in battle though.

- I still think the story will lead up to Persona 5 indirectly, and I even wonder if they'll use this as an opportunity to kill of Igor, or at least dispose of him.

- The art is maintaining the style that was used in Arena, which isn't surprising. What is surprising is the continuing trend of not-stylish characters. We now have five designs unique to Arena, and none of them fit the artistic direction that the majority of Soejima's art has taken. Personally, I think this is both to separate the art of the game to be its own thing (As each game has its own personality anyway) and because Soejima is trying to create fighter-like designs, as he's apparently a big fan of games like King of Fighters.

- Going to be interested to see who does the soundtrack. Presumably there'll only be a handful of new tracks. I have a feeling Meguro will do the theme, and then Kitajoh will do the rest.

- On a personal level, I'm not really bothered about this, but I think there's still a chance I'll be able to at least enjoy watching the story on Youtube, so not all is lost.

Also this announcement has literally ruined my day. >____________>

I think Elizabeth, Labrys, and Shadow Labrys were not playable.

Correct!

PS, CJ, where did you find that awesome pic of FemMC?

Kind of interesting how me and this guy both chose a very similar pose for Yukari.

^He actually isn't even a baseball player, hes just a little league coach, which is perfectly fitting for him!

It's ballin' time, dudes.

BTW Dantis, I see the whole not stylish matching art as due to the character designs and outfits exclusive to Arena and Arena Climax as being tributes to fighting game tropes. People say that Junpei reminds them of certain characters from other games, forgot the names.

Kazzy

- On a personal level, I'm not really bothered about this, but I think there's still a chance I'll be able to at least enjoy watching the story on Youtube, so not all is lost.

Freudian slip?

How has it ruined your day? It's only affecting the development of P5 in a miniscule, minte way if at all. If my day was ruined every time something I didn't like was shown off, I'd be on suicide watch by now.

Also Junpei's new design is cool. I hope he turns the peak of his cap around for certain supers though.

Levito

Banned
-On a personal level, I'm not really bothered about this, but I think there's still a chance I'll be able to at least enjoy watching the story on Youtube, so not all is lost.

Those 2 things are a bit conflicting Dantis-kun.

Dantis

How has it ruined your day? It's only affecting the development of P5 in a miniscule, minte way if at all. If my day was ruined every time something I didn't like was shown off, I'd be on suicide watch by now.

Also Junpei's new design is cool. I hope he turns the peak of his cap around for certain supers though.

My days are easily ruined.

This will be arriving before P5. Which means this was really just a confirmation that P5 is a waaaaay off.

Levito

Banned

This will be arriving before P5. Which means this was really just a confirmation that P5 is a waaaaay off.

How do you come to that conclusion? It's not like Ark is working on Persona 5, that's like saying Persona 5 is a long way off because the P3 movies are coming out. Totally separate teams and everything.

Arena 1 didn't affect when Golden was announced/released.

Omikaru

I don't think that's necessarily true. It could be another P4G/P4A situation. So P4A2 next summer, then P5 in the Fall. For North America, of course. Europe can go fuck itself and be grateful if the games even arrive, lol.

But late next year is pretty much what I was expecting as far as the English P5 release would be.

Dantis

How do you come to that conclusion? It's not like Ark is working on Persona 5, that's like saying Persona 5 is a long way off because the P3 movies are coming out. Totally separate teams and everything.

Arena 1 didn't affect when Golden was announced/released.

They'll pace their titles. Golden was a re-release on a dead platform.

Persona 5 will want the full weight of Atlus behind it. I think this will come out somewhere between April and June, P5 in... fall? Winter, maybe?

I don't think that's necessarily true. It could be another P4G/P4A situation. So P4A2 next summer, then P5 in the Fall. For North America, of course. Europe can go fuck itself and be grateful if the games even arrive, lol.

But late next year is pretty much what I was expecting as far as the English P5 release would be.

I think that's when the Japanese release will be.

cjkeats

PS, CJ, where did you find that awesome pic of FemMC?
Danbooru, an anime/game image repository. Mostly fanart and a very through tagging system.
Decided I didn't have enough useless Persona stuff, so I bought some more!
Unbox Loveline Nanako and take more pictures!!!
I do hope we get some alternate costumes. I'd love to see the P3 gang in their old uniforms.
Battle Panties.

Trigger

Blech. I hope not. Next summer is sooooo far away.

Levito

Banned
They'll pace their titles. Golden was a re-release on a dead platform.

Persona 5 will want the full weight of Atlus behind it. I think this will come out somewhere between April and June, P5 in... fall? Winter, maybe?

SMT IV's release didn't effect the short amount of time between that game and Dragon's Crown's release.

They're not going to delay P5 because Arena 2 exists. not doubt Arena 2 will be out first, but that's because it's basically an expansion for Arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom