• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Also, just so everyone's on the same page, Junpei is baseball coach for school children. Not a professional.

Well, at least going by accounts of people seeing the game in Japan. Must have been on the character select screen. I don't know what it said about Yukari.

Also, It seems to me that they're trying to release something persona every year. I expect P4A is 2014, and P5 in 2015.

Dantis

Also, just so everyone's on the same page, Junpei is baseball coach for school children. Not a professional.

Well, at least going by accounts of people seeing the game in Japan. Must have been on the character select screen. I don't know what it said about Yukari.

If this is true, it's actually really cool. Easily the best of the P3 'where are they now's.

Squire

Banned
Seriously, this shouldn't have any bearing on P5 plans. Similar silliness going on in the other thread.

Junpei's the new home run god, oh yeah!

Omikaru

Blech. I hope not. Next summer is sooooo far away.

If you think that's bad, just wait until it's region locked and the EU date isn't until 2015.

Though by then, I'm sure a lot of people (not specifically you) will be all, "Hey you guys, quit moaning. Be grateful you're getting the game next year while I play it now lololol."

kewlmyc

Yeeeeeah
he's dead, jim

Tartarus is also destroyed, but it's in this game for some reason. I wouldn't put it past Atlus and especially Arcsys to put him in considering the movie is coming out soon and this is pretty much a fanservice game.
Having Nyarly in the game can somehow justify his appearance. Have him take Makoto's form and be the main villain since Shadow Labrys shouldn't be the main villain 2 games in a row.

Junpei looks overly complicated and I love it.

If this is true, it's actually really cool. Easily the best of the P3 'where are they now's.

What, you not fond of Mitsuru being Catwoman and Akihiko being a world traveling bum?

Levito

Banned
Tartarus is also destroyed, but it's in this game for some reason. I wouldn't put it past Atlus and especially Arcsys to put him in considering the movie is coming out soon and this is pretty much a fanservice game.
Having Nyarly in the game can somehow justify his appearance. Have him take Makoto's form and be the main villain since Shadow Labrys shouldn't be the main villain 2 games in a row.

Junpei looks overly complicated and I love it.

Maybe it's not actually
Tartarus but like a recreation inside the TV world?

PK Gaming

Hey, how do you feel about Junpei not being a famous baseball player, but rather a little league coach?

I actually like it even more. Being a star baseball player is cool an all, but it doesn't seem as realistic, and Junpei seems like he'd be the best little league coach ever.

Dantis

I actually like it even more. Being a star baseball player is cool an all, but it doesn't seem as realistic, and Junpei seems like he'd be the best little league coach ever.

Agree 100%.

Also Last of Us is stunning. I think I'd consider it the greatest game ever made.

Lunar15

Yeah, it's the most down to earth situation. Yukari being an actor could make sense, but we'll see what the explanation actually is. You're not alone in being miffed by the exaggerations of characters, but since I count this all as non-mainline stuff, it doesn't bother me as much as it could.

I dunno, I think I've resolved to look at it like a "celebration" of the games, rather than something I should take seriously as a plot line. It's "official" fan fiction.

Also Last of Us is stunning. I think I'd consider it the greatest game ever made.

Sorry, but that title belongs to Shadow of the Colossus.
jWByJ.gif

Yeah, it's the most down to earth situation. Yukari being an actor could make sense, but we'll see what the explanation actually is. You're not alone in being miffed by the exaggerations of characters, but since I count this all as non-mainline stuff, it doesn't bother me as much as it could.

I dunno, I think I've resolved to look at it like a "celebration" of the games, rather than something I should take seriously as a plot line. It's "official" fan fiction.

jWByJ.gif
WHAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN P5 HAS REFERENCES TO IT. WHAT THEN.
jWByJ.gif

Daimaou

Agree 100%.

TLoU does a great job building its world and characters. It also does a great job blending stealth with action.

I've also had much more fun with other games than I did playing TLoU.

Squire

Banned
I love Junpei as a coach. Totally strikes me as the dude who was never that great in school ultimately becomes a teacher, to everyone's surprise. Love it.

Dantis

This is a good way to look at it, and maybe with the second one I will do.

I feel pretty differently about Persona now than I did a year ago. I think for the most part my feelings towards Arena 2 will be indifference.

Squire

Banned
This is a good way to look at it, and maybe with the second one I will do.

I feel pretty differently about Persona now than I did a year ago. I think for the most part my feelings towards Arena 2 will be indifference.

I told you take it that way ages ago! ;_;

Sophia

Don't mind me, just dropping by to feed off Dantis' anguish and suffering.

Also a lot of the screenshots take place in The Dark Hour for some reason. I've seen Junes in the Dark Hour, the inside of Yasogami High in the Dark Hour, and what looks like Tartarus in Inaba...

Tamanon

Banned
I'm seriously starting to think
Adachi is going to be in the game. He does have a persona after all.

Spoilers for P4's ending.

kewlmyc

Also a lot of the screenshots take place in The Dark Hour for some reason. I've seen Junes in the Dark Hour, the inside of Yasogami High in the Dark Hour, and what looks like Tartarus in Inaba...

I need that story mode. Too bad it'll be at least a year before we get it.

Lunar15

There's video of Junes in the dark hour as well. Except the sun is out and the moon is starting to cause an eclipse...

Also, the explaination for Yukari is that she's a college student/model, and in the meantime she is doing some acting work in action tv shows due to her looks and athleticism.

Junpei has been doing a few part time jobs, but this is his first year as a baseball coach for school kids.

http://tansetsu.tumblr.com/post/58410791741/http-www-famitsu-com-images-000-038-325-l-520d7c0

Kazzy

I don't want to make a habit of it, but here's a few other things that I've acquired on my travels:
Having recently gotten the Rise, I thought I had completed the set, but taking this photo I noticed that I have no Naoto (¬_¬)
XjM9BUG.jpg

Probably the closest I'll get to having these two characters in Nendo form.
eRmGze0.jpg

Rhapsody

Banned
This is reminding me that I really need to go finish that story mode for P4A.

Don't know why I had to stop on Labrys's story. The one where stuff actually happens.

First pic I've seen of Shadow Aigis:

013.jpg

Duuuude. Now the question is whether to stick with Aigis or go psycho Aigis. I wonder how different the shadow versions will play from the regular ones.

And if the Dark Hour is coming to Inaba I wonder how those thingies from the start of Mitsuru's story mode come into play. Don't remember them being used in any other part of the story.

cjkeats

I don't want to make a habit of it, but here's a few other things that I've acquired on my travels:

You haven't posted any of your stuff adn you should make it a habit. :( Where's the Eikichi? I wouldn't mind a little Rise keychain, I may have to get one soon.
Thanks for the Rise upskit though ;) lol.

There's video of Junes in the dark hour as well. Except the sun is out and the moon is starting to cause an eclipse...

Also, the explaination for Yukari is that she's a college student/model, and in the meantime she is doing some acting work in action tv shows due to her looks and athleticism.

Junpei has been doing a few part time jobs, but this is his first year as a baseball coach for school kids.

http://tansetsu.tumblr.com/post/58410791741/http-www-famitsu-com-images-000-038-325-l-520d7c0

Interesting. I wonder if he's attending university and is just doing these jobs on the side or if he's gone full tradesman and is forgoing postsecondary education in order to work.

EDIT: The above video also shows that he can use Agidyne as well as a dropkick.

I'm actually so happy that I can use Kanji and Junpei as Team Dropkick now ;_;

kewlmyc

Man a lot of PersonaGAF has the Chie Nendo, well at least I know Jello does. Do you guys collect many figures in general?

Still want to get this at some point.

http://myfigurecollection.net/profi...nth=0&day=0&nodate=0&acc=0&sort=category&pp=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrbNYMwVkBo

Tartarus is apparently in the midnight channel. You can see it glitching out like the stages in the original game. Junes is also glitching out.

Figured as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom