• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

Okay, P4A2 plot speculation incoming (Spoilers for everything from 3 onwards).
The plot of the first P4A was really nothing more than a ploy to lure the shadow operatives into the midnight channel and trap them there. With this, their thoughts recreated Tartarus, and the Dark Hour. From here the M.E. either A: initiates the fall inside of the collective unconscious, possibly without Nyx's intervention or B: Finds a way to empower Erebus (who is born from the collective thoughts of humanity) to the point it can break the seal walling Nyx from the outside world.

Though, some of you probably figured it out already.

Young Magus

No time for shading. It's half 11 here, so I'll call it a day.

Considering how long it took, I'm really happy with it. I spent probably three and a half to four hours on it?

It's....it's like you have a gift from YWVH or something!!!!!
tumblr_mlgy51JgE61qdeg0do1_500.jpg

Trigger

The plot of the first P4A was really all a ploy to lure the shadow operatives into the midnight channel and trap them there. With this, their thoughts recreated Tartarus, and the Dark Hour. From here the M.E. either A: initiates the fall inside of the collective unconscious, possibly without Nyx's intervention or B: Finds a way to empower Erebus (who is born from the collective thoughts of humanity) to the point it can break the seal walling Nyx from the outside world.

I agree.
I do think that the Seal being broken will be a possible plot point. lol, I wouldn't mind some alternate timeline/parallel universe shenanigans though if it could also bring FeMC or Shinjiro into the fold.

So, because I didn't want to spend all day on lineart, I did a combination of the PS pen tool and hand drawn lines. Honestly though, I'm not even sure how much you can tell. Will hopefully colour it later.

Nice Yukari "Swan" Takeba going there.

The plot of the first P4A was really nothing more than a ploy to lure the shadow operatives into the midnight channel and trap them there. With this, their thoughts recreated Tartarus, and the Dark Hour. From here the M.E. either A: initiates the fall inside of the collective unconscious, possibly without Nyx's intervention or B: Finds a way to empower Erebus (who is born from the collective thoughts of humanity) to the point it can break the seal walling Nyx from the outside world.

Real talk:
Leading to the dialogue being lively for all characters.
:O

Caladrius

Real talk:
Leading to the dialogue being lively for all characters.
:O

Even
Yukiko? Please don't shoot me she was the one I settled for when I found out none of the other characters I actually liked were available.

I agree.
I do think that the Seal being broken will be a possible plot point. lol, I wouldn't mind some alternate timeline/parallel universe shenanigans though if it could also bring FeMC or Shinjiro into the fold.

Considering the events of
Persona 2
that wouldn't be completely outlandish.

Squire

Banned
It's amazing how fast the community has latched onto Junpei and Yukari 2.0. Persona must be bigger than I imagined.

Persona 5's reveal is going to break the internet.

Keats said it would be like that and I wasn't really sure; it's crazy.

P5 definitely has a chance to be one of those reveals that crashes GAF.

Sophia

It didn't really hit me that Persona Music Live was at the Nippon Budokan this year until I actually saw it. It's biiiig in Japan now.

Squire

Banned
It didn't really hit me that Persona Music Live was at the Nippon Budokan this year until I actually saw it. It's biiiig in Japan now.

This combined with the fact they were willing to throw P4C out there in their current condition makes me think whoever Index plans to sell to will most likely maintain the status quo.

They said things weren't changing and so far, they haven't. I'm less concerned about the acquisition.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
P4A2 speculation - perhaps Yukari and Junpei are "recruiters" on the lookout for other young kids with the potential? Their professions would be good covers for that.

Trigger

P4A2 speculation - perhaps Yukari and Junpei are "recruiters" on the lookout for other young kids with the potential? Their professions would be good covers for that.

Do the Shadow Operatives/Kirijo Group still recruit kids? I assumed Mitsuru's operation was well-funded but small.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Do the Shadow Operatives/Kirijo Group still recruit kids? I assumed Mitsuru's operation was well-funded but small.

Maybe they don't directly recruit them at first, but more tag them as someone to keep an eye on in case they attract shadow activity? And then get involved if it makes sense, otherwise they risk more kids going the Strega route.

Lunar15

I dunno, I have good feelings about P5. While we know virtually nothing, I trust the team to make something that holds up.

Plus, everything surrounding the upcoming P3 movie seems thematically appropriate. I think people look into P4's cheerfulness and P4:A's wackiness and think that's where the series is headed, but I'm just not sure that's the case.

Squire

Banned
I dunno, I have good feelings about P5. While we know virtually nothing, I trust the team to make something that holds up.

Plus, everything surrounding the upcoming P3 movie seems thematically appropriate. I think people look into P4's cheerfulness and P4:A's wackiness and think that's where the series is headed, but I'm just not sure that's the case.

The games all feel pretty distinct whilst still being Persona games.

I'm not sure why anyone would assume P5 won't establish it's own tone and personality the same way.

If they remake those films, I'm on the first flight to Mars.
Gremlins 2's my favorite, don't hurt me.

Hopefully the remake will be announced around the same time that the Shadow of the Colossus movie is released so I'll have company on the Mars shuttle.

Also, good jorb, Jintor. You make PersonaGAF proud.

PK Gaming

I doubt they would put any kids through what they went through. I think they're living their lives their own way, but are also willing to fight for the shadow ops when the need arises.

Because that would be so messed up. And besides that totally goes against Yukari's character; she somewhat resented the fact Mitsuru recruited them the same way during earlygame P3, remember?

@Jintor's drawing

Haha, too good.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Well at least P4A2 will have a better combat system than Innocent Sin!

cheap shot I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom