• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

tumblr_inline_mrpc4xOoKk1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mrpc56coQx1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mrpc5gvaAu1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mrpc5q108J1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mrpc62IaGi1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mrpc6dvUeU1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mrpc6ntJvr1qz4rgp.png

tumblr_inline_mrpce4ETsk1qz4rgp.png

Good ole Junpei.

SOURCE

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I feel privileged to be old enough to have gotten into JRPGs with Final Fantasy IV....

Now I feel ancient. I started with the first DQ and FF on the NES console-wise when they came out in the US in the late 80s, my first RPG game I played on a PC was Telengard (first on a TRS-80, then most of my time with it was on a Commodore) in the early 80s. FFIV for me was junior high, FFVI high school, and VII was college.

Meia

Now I feel ancient. I started with the first DQ and FF on the NES console-wise when they came out in the US in the late 80s, my first RPG game I played on a PC was Telengard (first on a TRS-80, then most of my time with it was on a Commodore) in the early 80s. FFIV for me was junior high, FFVI high school, and VII was college.

Yep, first RPG was FF1, and I didn't like it too much. Borrowed it from a friend in 1st grade, and told me not to save over the game. So, I start doing random fights, was ok, then I went to an inn to restore without knowing that that was also what saved the game. Friend freaked out, and said I might as well keep it for now. So, determined to get where he was(fire temple, like second dungeon), I play until I get there. Tell him, and he's like, "Interesting, keep playing". I gave it back to him at the last dungeon, and I was hooked. We're still friends to this day.

Sophia

Huh, random little musing of details, but Labrys's activation date makes her a Taurus. The symbol of which is a bull. Which is the same as her Shadow. >_>

Dantis

Huh, random little musing of details, but Labrys's activation date makes her a Taurus. The symbol of which is a bull. Which is the same as her Shadow. >_>

I have no idea if that's deliberate or not, but that's pretty neat.

Most of the symbolism for Labrys is pretty cool. Lots of Greek myth stuff.

Sophia

I have no idea if that's deliberate or not, but that's pretty neat.

Most of the symbolism for Labrys is pretty cool. Lots of Greek myth stuff.

Yeah, fits in with the use of Greek mythology of the rest of the P3 cast too. Some other musings:

Taurus is the most represented astrological sign among the cast: Naoto, Labrys, Mitsuru, Lisa, and Dojima.

Pisces (Yuka from P1), Aries (Yukino from P1/P2) and Scorpio (Eikichi from P2) are the least common signs.

Tatsuya's astrological sign (Leo) fits his personality, his Persona's attributes and his arcana. His ultimate Persona, Apollo, is often a representation of the Sun arcana. The Leo sign is often called the ruler of the sun.

As for blood types, twelve characters have A, four characters have AB, five characters have B, and nine characters have O. Rather consistent, as A is the most common blood type in Japan if I recall.

Squire

Banned
A supernatural entity who couldn't quite get the mouth right of its human form.

Satellite of love? Or arbiter of hate?
I can keep this going!

Heh, my dad's a Taurus.

Don't the Japanese ascribe a lot of personality traits to blood type as we do the zodiac? Also, who's a Virgo? I want to know since I'm one.

Sophia

Don't the Japanese ascribe a lot of personality traits to blood type as we do the zodiac? Also, who's a Virgo? I want to know since I'm one.

Aigis, Akihiko, and Eriko are all Virgos. This is probably intentional for Aigis, as Virgo is associated with maidens, and she's a mechanical maiden.

And yeah, they do. Most of the characters fit the usual associations with both their blood type and zodiac.

Annoyingly, only two characters (Adachi and Jun) fit my zodiac sign, Aquarius. While they both fit the description, Adachi isn't really anything like me.

Daimaou

Fun Fact: The current zodiac calenders are wrong due to the Earth wobbling from the gravity of the moon pulling on the equatorial bulge. Early astrologers didn't know about this, and the charts have never been updated, or at least the most commonly used ones.

Here is a list of more accurate dates:

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

I shifted from being an Aquarius to a Capricorn using these.

PK Gaming

Yeah, fits in with the use of Greek mythology of the rest of the P3 cast too. Some other musings:

Taurus is the most represented astrological sign among the cast: Naoto, Labrys, Mitsuru, Lisa, and Dojima.

Pisces (Yuka from P1), Aries (Yukino from P1/P2) and Scorpio (Eikichi from P2) are the least common signs.

Tatsuya's astrological sign (Leo) fits his personality, his Persona's attributes and his arcana. His ultimate Persona, Apollo, is often a representation of the Sun arcana. The Leo sign is often called the ruler of the sun.

As for blood types, twelve characters have A, four characters have AB, five characters have B, and nine characters have O. Rather consistent, as A is the most common blood type in Japan if I recall.

Let's see, I share my zodiac sign with Eikichi and Chihiro (and Makoto from Devil Survivor 2), which is nice, though i'm not like any of them.

Then again, i'm the most bewitching bespectacled beauty you'll ever beheld.

kewlmyc

Fun Fact: The current zodiac calenders are wrong due to the Earth wobbling from the gravity of the moon pulling on the equatorial bulge. Early astrologers didn't know about this, and the charts have never been updated, or at least the most commonly used ones.

Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23

So I'm a Taurus instead of a Gemini? Thanks for ruining my day. :(

Trigger

Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23

I'm not a Capricorn? I'm a Sagittarius? MINDBLOWN.

Squire

Banned

Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23

Virgo status = MAINTAINED

Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23

Seeing as my birthday is 9 days, this would no longer make me a Virgo :( But I enjoy being a mermaid so I'm just going to pretend I didn't see this.

Young Magus

Indeed Buddha,indeed

Aww yea!! Taurus reps in the house!! Birthday is Apr. 27 so I share a birthday w/ Naoto as well...which is cool....I guess.

And who has blood type O?

Aries - Apr 18 to May 13

So I supposedly lose Dojima and gain Yukino in terms of same signs....I can somewhat dig it.

I'm an Aquarius like Adachi, but the only real trait that I share with him is occasional goofiness. I can't even remember what my blood type is off the top of my head, but I think I'm AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom