• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20
Born on the 30th of October. So I was a Scorpius but now either a Virgo or a Libra?

Also don't know which characters have those.

Trigger

Spoilered the wrong thing, there, bro.

Whoops.
XBMjaTZ.gif

Meia

That I don't even remember the one character that shares my sign(Pisces) speaks volumes to how "meh" I am finding this out. :p

So many persona characters over the years, and my birthday is the apparent black hole in between them.

Marche90

Barely mantaining my Leo status. I'm okay with that

And Lotus Juice coming to USA is kinda neat. Shame quite a few members over here don't live there, it would have made the perfect excuse for a meet-up.

Dantis

Barely mantaining my Leo status. I'm okay with that

And Lotus Juice coming to USA is kinda neat. Shame quite a few members over here don't live there, it would have made the perfect excuse for a meet-up.

Man, that would have been amazing.

Now I'm sad-face.

Logash

Fun Fact: The current zodiac calenders are wrong due to the Earth wobbling from the gravity of the moon pulling on the equatorial bulge. Early astrologers didn't know about this, and the charts have never been updated, or at least the most commonly used ones.

Here is a list of more accurate dates:

Capricorn - Jan 20 to Feb 16
Aquarius - Feb 16 to Mar 11
Pisces - Mar 11 to Apr 18
Aries - Apr 18 to May 13
Taurus - May 13 to Jun 21
Gemini - Jun 21 to Jul 20
Cancer - Jul 20 to Aug 10
Leo - Aug 10 to Sep 16
Virgo - Sep 16 to Oct 30
Libra - Oct 30 to Nov 23
Scorpius - Nov 23 to Nov 29
Ophiuchus - Nov 29 to Dec 17
Sagittarius - Dec 17 to Jan 20

I shifted from being an Aquarius to a Capricorn using these.

My birthday is the 9th of September so that would make me a Leo. I prefer being virgo though. I always thought it fit me.

Based on the popular chart I'm a Scorpio. Based on that apparently accurate one I'm Libra. Based on my own preference I don't even really care much about this stuff anyways lol

cjkeats

All this talk about Birthdays makes me curious why there isn't an event or something for them in game? or was there and I'm forgetting? My memory sucks in old age.

Dantis

All this talk about Birthdays makes me curious why there isn't an event or something for them in game? or was there and I'm forgetting? My memory sucks in old age.

I've mentioned this a ton of times, haha. It's something I really hope they address in P5, because it's such a blatant opportunity for some great events.

Squire

Banned

There are none and it's weird. We talked about it a lot when P4G was first out in the west. I'd say the same now that I'm playing Atelier Totori.

Any game with a calendar system should acknowledge birthdays. Why list them if not? Why provide me that info? I get that it's a little detail to make the character, but to not acknowledge that detail in games like these creates a bit of dissonance.

cjkeats

I've mentioned this a ton of times, haha. It's something I really hope they address in P5, because it's such a blatant opportunity for some great events.
Really though. I can already imagine Teddie and Rise's events.
There are none and it's weird. We talked about it a lot when P4G was first out in the west. I'd say the same now that I'm playing Atelier Totori.

Any game with a calendar system should acknowledge birthdays. Why list them if not? Why provide me that info? I get that it's a little detail to make the character, but to not acknowledge that detail in games like these creates a bit of dissonance.
Harvest Moon taught me the best way to gain a persons affection was to remember their birthday.
We got towers to climb and mysteries to solve. Ain't nobody got time for that.
They got time to sneak in some hanky panky they got time for a birthday party.
They could even do them at the same time!

Caladrius

They have time for a gourmet dinner party however! :p
And ski trip. And Beach trip. And Okina city trip. And a month and a half of stuff we never see.

It's probably done either in the name of Conservation of detail, they simply never thought to do it or they didn't want to take more days away from the player.

Daimaou

And ski trip. And Beach trip. And Okina city trip. And a month and a half of stuff we never see.

It's probably done either in the name of Conservation of detail, they simply never thought to do it or they didn't want to take more days away from the player.

They take a week away from you in P4 to force you to work part time at Junes, I don't think it's the latter.

ST2K

Very nice drawing, Dantis.

The birthday event idea is an interesting one. Would the PC get one? How would that work if the day is already assigned to some other event?

cjkeats

Very nice drawing, Dantis.

The birthday event idea is an interesting one. Would the PC get one? How would that work if the day is already assigned to some other event?
I thought about this too, I was curious if they would let us set the date, or with the previous MC's becoming characters with personalities(Like Yu) they start setting dates for them. I bet Yu has a date.

This is amazing.

I've always felt that Saki's design was kind of wasted on her. Excellent design, barely in the game.

Interesting that she almost became Rise, who almost looked like Lisa before becoming her own thing. Glad we got the design that we got.

Dantis

I thought about this too, I was curious if they would let us set the date, or with the previous MC's becoming characters with personalities(Like Yu) they start setting dates for them. I bet Yu has a date.

Interesting that she almost became Rise, who almost looked like Lisa before becoming her own thing. Glad we got the design that we got.

Fun fact of the day: Rise probably has my least favourite design across all of P4 (Excluding Ayane, BUT SHE WASN'T IN MY GAME BECAUSE I DID DRAMA). Not to say that she has a bad design, but she's definitely the weakest in my eyes.

Gamerloid

Well thanks for the welcoming everyone. My only question is what should I expect on Tuesday?

Lurker? Interesting that you'd refer to it as PersonaGAF already. :p

Not that long of a lurker. A day or two. I called it that because of e OP had y'all Steam Group as PersonaGAF, and the manga OT I'm apart of calls themselves MangaGAF. So it just made sense for me.

Your choice of avatar makes me pleased to welcome you to the thread.
Thanks! i was a fan of Rise pretty quickly. Her personality just clicks with me. Avatar is in a TV style fashion as well. NeoGAF has small avatars, so I'm not sure if its noticeable.

Full Size:
RiseTVAvy_zpse111c3cf.png

Sophia

Well thanks for the welcoming everyone. My only question is what should I expect on Tuesday?

Ignore it. It's just a stupid meme regarding Famitsu that's gone on far too long. Mostly because a couple individuals don't have the common sense to drop it. That said, we should get info on P4A2 this Tuesday.

Welcome to the thread!

cjkeats

Fun fact of the day: Rise probably has my least favourite design across all of P4 (Excluding Ayane, BUT SHE WASN'T IN MY GAME BECAUSE I DID DRAMA). Not to say that she has a bad design, but she's definitely the weakest in my eyes.
I dn;t think I'd be able to settle on a "weakest" design in the game.
But hell yeah, drama club 4 life. #Teamforehead

Forecast calls for nothing with a sudden chance of disappointment.
Ignore Sophia, she's the queen of partypoopers.

Not that long of a lurker. A day or two. I called it that because of e OP had y'all Steam Group as PersonaGAF, and the manga OT I'm apart of calls themselves MangaGAF. So it just made sense for me.
Correct title. We have an IRC as well. It's in the OP, #PersonaGAF on Globalgamers.

Thanks! i was a fan of Rise pretty quickly. Her personality just clicks with me. Avatar is in a TV style fashion as well. NeoGAF has small avatars, so I'm not sure if its noticeable.

Full Size:
RiseTVAvy_zpse111c3cf.png
Love it. She's the best girl, don;t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom