• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlight

Banned
Thanks! i was a fan of Rise pretty quickly. Her personality just clicks with me. Avatar is in a TV style fashion as well. NeoGAF has small avatars, so I'm not sure if its noticeable.

Full Size:
RiseTVAvy_zpse111c3cf.png
You're going to go far, friend.

Squire

Banned
Ignore it. It's just a stupid meme regarding Famitsu that's gone on far too long. Mostly because a couple individuals don't have the common sense to drop it. That said, we should get info on P4A2 this Tuesday.

Welcome to the thread!

I mean, what else could we be referring to? :b

Sophia

What are they going to tell us that we already don't know about the game? Release date for arcades?

Largely just an official announcement and confirmation of the name. Famitsu didn't report on it yet, just the location test mainly.

If we're lucky, we'll get some story details like we did when P4A's arcade version was announced. If we're really lucky, console version info too but I seriously doubt it.

Gamerloid

What do you mean it's wrong, Jello44? It must be Rise. She's the total package!

If we're lucky, we'll get some story details like we did when P4A's arcade version was announced. If we're really lucky, console version info too but I seriously doubt it.
Story is all I need to be satisfied. I need to make sure not to suck this time around. Score Attack destroyed me.

You're going to go far, friend.
Thanks. When I get good enough, I'll take request from those that like the style.

Sophia

The true Persona fan likes everything and everyone. Even Ken! Even Okamura! Even SMT Nine! Even Imagine!

(Except Ronde. Nobody likes Ronde.)

^What? I thought the only games that existed in the Persona series had the numbers 3 and 4 in them?

Depends if you're in North America or Japan.

Naw son. The only games that are actually SMT are, SMT1, 2, If..., Nocturne, SJ, and IV.
Persona, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga, and beyond are all spinoff series. The SMT thing above the names in North America is just a brand.

cjkeats

Naw son. The only games that are actually SMT are, SMT1, 2, If..., Nocturne, SJ, and IV.
Persona, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Digital Devil Saga, and beyond are all spinoff series. The SMT thing above the names in North America is just a brand.

That's what I meant by "Depends where you're to". You know I'm well aware and I'm just tormenting you. :p

It's all just a sequel to If.. anyways

Meia

What do you mean it's wrong, Jello44? It must be Rise. She's the total package!

Says you're incorrect.

Waifu War #20752.

...and nobody likes Ken. Hopefully an older, taller version of him will be in Arena 2 so this could change. Or people will beat on him all the time to get out some of that aggression. Win-win.

cjkeats

Ken's fashion sense always made me question the boys sense.
I mean, hoodie+jacket and shorts? What season do you think you are you in kid?

ST2K

I thought about this too, I was curious if they would let us set the date, or with the previous MC's becoming characters with personalities(Like Yu) they start setting dates for them. I bet Yu has a date.

I don't know. If they're defining the character more and more apart from the player, I think the dialog choices become less interesting and meaningful in the actual game. If you take those out, then the developers will have to define the character even more in terms of his personality and so on. Why not just have full blown pre-written dialog at that point, with skits between characters a la Tales? Is that still Persona? It seems to be edging closer to generic JRPG at that point and losing part of what makes this series unique and enjoyable.

...That got way broader than what I intended. Whatever.

Squire

Banned
I think they can set a firm birthday. You talk to anyone that loves Mass Effect and they totally feel like their Shepard is theirs, but that character has a set birth year and you can only pick from like three personal histories, too.

cjkeats

Well well well. Back from the dead. :)

That K-On gif is too adorable.
It's from the end of the third opening, which is all adorable. Which can be said about the whole series, cause that's kinda it's thing. :3
I don't know. If they're defining the character more and more apart from the player, I think the dialog choices become less interesting and meaningful in the actual game. If you take those out, then the developers will have to define the character even more in terms of his personality and so on. Why not just have full blown pre-written dialog at that point, with skits between characters a la Tales? Is that still Persona? It seems to be edging closer to generic JRPG at that point and losing part of what makes this series unique and enjoyable.

...That got way broader than what I intended. Whatever.
This is pretty much what I've been thinking all along. But with stuff like the anime and Arena, they needed to fill them in.
P1 and P2 actually have some sort of defined personality, but you don;t really see it in P1, and not in P2 until the EP, which then they take away Maya's personality.

kewlmyc

I think they can set a firm birthday. You talk to anyone that loves Mass Effect and they totally feel like their Shepard is theirs, but that character has a set birth year and you can only pick from like three personal histories, too.

Having a birthday that you can set anywhere might also interfere with story segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom