• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
This is me right now.

In all seriousness, it's brought me down. I really hope it gets sorted out soon.

You're really worried? Atlus is a big player in the games industry, someone will pick them up. Look what happened when THQ went under, even not so well known studio's like 4A Games were bought for millions.

My only concern, is WHO buys them Please, PLEASE let it be Sony. The thought of Nintendo or Microsoft or... EA buying them is horrifying.

Dantis

You're really worried? Atlus is a big player in the games industry, someone will pick them up. Look what happened when THQ went under, even not so well known studio's like 4A Games were bought for millions.

My only concern, is WHO buys them Please, PLEASE let it be Sony. The thought of Nintendo or Microsoft or... EA buying them is horrifying.

Oh, I'm sure someone will buy them. I'm just concerned it will be someone shit.

jaxword

This is mostly a joke, but a Western-themed Persona would actually be interesting.

You already have your supernatural teenager cast, with Bella, Edward, um the werewolf guy, add a Harry Potter clone and you got your target demographics met.

Sophia

I think if they're bought out (which I suspect won't happen right away actually), then the buyer will not be a console buyer. Multiple reasons why I believe why, but the main one is that they've been developing for both Sony and Nintnedo consoles, and any potential buyer would cause issues if they were only on one platform.

Levito

Banned
Oh, I'm sure someone will buy them. I'm just concerned it will be someone shit.

EALogoBlack.png

Sophia

If there is a buyer, it would logically be someone who has good relations with Index and wouldn't disrupt the harmony of the development teams.

Young Magus

Man sucks to hear that index is filing for bankruptcy, even so Altus will get bought out by a decent company if it comes down to that. I have hope, however....

I think if they're bought out (which I suspect won't happen right away actually), then the buyer will not be a console buyer. Multiple reasons why I believe why, but the main one is that they've been developing for both Sony and Nintnedo consoles, and any potential buyer would cause issues if they were only on one platform.

it would be downright bad if a console manufacturer were to buy them out. Atlus does makes games across all Platforms/Handhelds, and if that's taken away then that will kill of any extra $ that could've been make alongwith less folks to experience the greatness that is Atlus.

Even if Index doesn't, Atlus will be bought or "sponsored" by someone.
I wonder what that would entail.....

Persona 5 protagonists confirmed to crunch Doritos™ to summon their persona.

Protagonist's Persona to be a bottle of Mountain Dew then, huh

That's the Fool Rank 10 Persona, their starter is Pepsiman.
Dorito Pope confirmed DLC Persona

This is mostly a joke, but a Western-themed Persona would actually be interesting.
I kinda would like it as well, have it like Catherine where it's in a unnamed American town/university and your set.

Marche90

Man, I don't get the Nintendo hate
Ok, I sort of do, but those reasons don't apply to me at all

I wouldn't mind if Atlus were to be bought by Nintendo (I wouldn't be as happy if it were sony, since it would mean no more 3DS support), but to avoid console wars here, the best outcome for all here is a third-party japanese publisher (Not SE)

Sophia

Persona: Trinity Soul is like a morbid fascination. Everyone's curious about it, and the potential it possessed, but nobody actually wants it.....

Meia

If EA bought them, someone would have to update the .gif of them being shot in the head and left in a mass grave of studios.

A selfish part of me hopes it's someone who'd make the games at least for the PC so I can have a nice Steam collection of japanese games, but not likely. Best case is they get someone that won't mess with them. People think Index did this, part of me thinks it's a large part of the reason why you had the region locking of P4A to begin with.

We know what worst case is, so I don't need to get into it. Exclusivity with a console could be bad, and yet I'm annoyed I have to buy every damn system available just to keep up in the first place. Atlus was never as bad as Square was with Kingdom Hearts, but yeah.

Was just thinking how no news was good news on this situation, then I see this? There's no way P5 won't happen, but this isn't going to make it happen any sooner. :(

Astra

Let's all pool our money together and buy Atlus.

I'm in for $10.

I'm not even sure who, besides Sony, I would prefer to buy Atlus.

Platinum should buy them. Persona 5 can be an action game with really shitty characters and story, but on the plus side have excellent gameplay.

On a more positive note, an old high school friend of mine just swung by and lent me TLoU, meaning I can play both it and Animal Crossing at the same time! He even fileshared the Online Pass to me so I can play multiplayer!

I'm confident that everything will turn out okay, guys. ATLUS will land on its feet or become the godchild of a benevolent Japanese studio that will ensure P5 is bigger and better than it ever could have been under Index.

Let's positive thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom