• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ST2K

Don't know how you guys liked Rise that much. People that are that bubbly and cheerful always have some deep dark secret.

I even thought Rise was going to be the killer for a good long while.

Gamerloid

So Risette appeared to agree with me? Nice.

I always liked the one that they reappropriated for Ai.

On the topic of concept art, I'm just glad they didn't go with the Adachi design at the bottom.
TohruAdachi-Concept2.jpg

Those eyes remind me of Mitsuo.

cjkeats

Don't know how you guys liked Rise that much. People that are that bubbly and cheerful always have some deep dark secret.

I even thought Rise was going to be the killer for a good long while.
I would see your line of thinking if her job wasn't an idol and to be all bubbly and happy go lucky.
Her whole arc is about how she feels about it, it's easy to cross her off the suspect list once you get her.

I liked the "Yukkio is the killer" theories better.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I would see your line of thinking if her job wasn't an idol and to be all bubbly and happy go lucky.
Her whole arc is about how she feels about it, it's easy to cross her off the suspect list once you get her.

If I'm not mistaken, the original idea was that Yukiko was going to be the killer.

cjkeats

If I'm not mistaken, the original idea was that Yukiko was going to be the killer.

That's just fan speculation, they never said who it was before they changed it, just that they changed it last minute.

There's a bunch of slightly logical "Nanako is the killer" theories out there too, lol.

ST2K

Yeah, but she's even like that when the attention is off and its just her and friends. The Rise arc also, and this was probably my bias clouding things in hindsight, seemed to be more... unnatural feeling than some of the other routes. It felt like she was the same type of person most of the time and then would switch into an obvious "I'm going to be serious and tell you about my problems now" mode. That type of thing totally fit my paranoid theory as an obvious lie.

Yukiko being the killer would have been cool too, though.

PK Gaming

Kind of OT but the TLoU got really heavy all of a sudden.

The consecutive deaths of Sam and Henry was really depressing.

also I reached FALL.

kewlmyc

also I reached FALL.

Winter is the best part. Enjoy GOTY, bro.

That's just fan speculation, they never said who it was before they changed it, just that they changed it last minute.

That means someone lied to me. I will hunt them down and make them pay.

Sophia

Whoops. Goes to show how easy it is to get spoiled online. I clicked that spoiler tag without thinking because it was the Persona thread. Then I realized it was TLOU, which I hadn't finished. Oh well.

Kazzy

On the topic of concept art, I'm just glad they didn't go with the Adachi design at the bottom.

Adachi is a curious one, because they still weren't shy how about voicing much they regretted using the final design, long after the fact.
It does make sense though, because his appearance (and personality) really do lend credence to the point that he just seems a little too inept, and could lead one to suspect him on that principle alone. Which does feed into the (aforementioned) fact that the identity of the killer was subject to indecision, throughout production

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Whoops. Goes to show how easy it is to get spoiled online. I clicked that spoiler tag without thinking because it was the Persona thread. Then I realized it was TLOU, which I hadn't finished. Oh well.

To be fair, it IS a spoiler, but you can see it coming from a mile away.

Snakeyes

Dojima
being the killer would have been great, they should have gone with that like they originally were going to do.

Naw, it was
Dojima

That would've been a pretty fucked up twist.

I can feel it guys, P5 is happening this week.
lol

Kazzy

That would've been a pretty fucked up twist.

I wouldn't be able to adequately express the sense of betrayal that would make me feel. That character brings the feelings of guilt like no other.
It broke my heart, having to lie to him about the investigation.

Trigger

I wouldn't be able to adequately express the sense of betrayal that would make me feel. That character brings the feelings of guilt like no other.
It broke my heart, having to lie to him about the investigation.

I was always annoyed that you could never
outright tell Dojima what was going on. There really weren't too many good excuses once the pattern to the kidnappings became apparent.

Squire

Banned

also I reached FALL.

You're playing that game at a good pace. It doesn't need to be rushed and it shouldn't. The pacing felt like a novel to me even more so than most RPGs. Glad to hear its still got you. Gets better as it goes on.

this week.
lol

I'm guessing P4C and the new Yakuza are in this week's Famitsu. P5, too? We should only be so fortunate. In all likelihood, we won't be.

Edit: Missed your spoiler, haha. Whoops.

Kazzy

also I reached FALL.

I don't know about that. If there's one thing that TLOU is excellent at conveying, it's the overbearing sense of futility - which with Joel as our avatar, makes perfect sense. He's utterly despondent to a world that has let him down at every turn, and he has every right to feel as aggrieved as he does.

Those kind of settings generally succumb to its characters coping remarkably well (which is really detrimental), but here they just feel like they dragging themselves along, and not doing a particularly good job of it. For the most part, they really earn their tone.

Kazzy

I had no idea they changed who the killer was. Was this in just some interview?

They mention it in a couple of places, there is a post-release interview where they discuss it specifically. There are more besides, but I remember it being a point in the artbooks too.

"Also, one of the villain characters changed in the middle of development; since the character design was done before the story change, the design did not reflect the fact that he was a villain."

Squire

Banned
Whoa! Wait a sec! What's up with this?

:(

A coincidence, I'm sure. She said she'd pick at random, so I guess that's just how the cookie crumbled. I can see why an entrant would be concerned. Maybe Levito will do something about it when he catches wind of it.

PK Gaming

A coincidence, I'm sure. She said she'd pick at random, so I guess that's just how the cookie crumbled. I can see why an entrant would be concerned. Maybe Levito will do something about it when he catches wind of it.

Oh yeah I know, I was just quoting Yosuke haha.

I don't know about that. If there's one thing that TLOU is excellent at conveying, it's the overbearing sense of futility - which with Joel as our avatar, makes perfect sense. He's utterly despondent to a world that has let him down at every turn, and he has every right to feel as aggrieved as he does.

Those kind of settings generally succumb to its characters coping remarkably well (which is really detrimental), but here they just feel like they dragging themselves along, and not doing a particularly good job of it. For the most part, they really earn their tone.

I see what you mean. I guess it's not accurate for me to say that when it's been like that from the very beginning, but that scene left me reeling goddamn. I actually stopped playing for a bit at several points in order to soak it all in.

Even though it's not perfect, The Last of Us has one of the best zambambo appcalypse universes I've ever seen in fiction (in terms of how everything functions and the effect it has on people), second only to World War Z in my book. Winter is the standout part of the game; they really struck a perfect chord with a nice balance of all the game's strengths.

Squire

Banned
It's definitely the finest piece of the genre that video games have, but yeah, I agree it's up there pretty high for any media.

Playing Persona with some friends online, trying to learn the game. Any godlike dudes who use Mitsuru or Narukami in here so I can swagger jack? Haha

Young Magus

Nice to see ya again :D

LOL, Levito's editor on Rely won Karen Strassman's voice mail contest! Hahahahahaha!!

Dear YWVH, ITS A CONSPIRACY

Dojima
being the killer would have been great, they should have gone with that like they originally were going to do.

Naw, it was
Dojima

Like iwakura said.....with the killers motivations it would have been hard to see the spoiler do it. I wonder what would have been their motives behind it if they went with that person?

ST2K

Like iwakura said.....with the killers motivations it would have been hard to see the spoiler do it. I wonder what would have been their motives behind it if they went with that person?

They could
tie it into his wife's death somehow. I always thought that was a plot line that ended strangely.

I always liked this game, gotten it since Day 1, but I'm actually trying to learn the game with some good ass friends kicking my ass. I got two spare spots in a lobby if y'all want in.

TWILT

Banned
Yeah, I used to be able to hold my own against Flux, but he 4-0'd me a week ago or so in the GAF tourney, so...yeah. Just don't really have much motivation to practice these days.

P4C/P4A2 restored my hype for the game a bit, so I'm hoping to get back into it.

Dantis

also I reached FALL.

Great scene. The execution of it is so much more thoughtful than most (All?) other games.

Like others have said, it gets better and better, though I was absolutely loving it all the way through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom