• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

All the KFC's in my province were owned by the same person, and one day they just shut all of them down.
One opened up a while later under new ownership and people flocked to it from all over. It was hilarious.

Also, fast food related:

I don't know where I find this shit.

aoWF2kP.jpg

This has been Creepy Fanart Cuz We're Bored Monday here on Persona-GAF, coming up on Doomed To Derail Hype Train Tuesdays...

:p

Also, it's fitting Ronald is based off of Capcom JoJo's Dio, somehow, someway.

Will rent.

Not paying full price for a Saturn game though. Gosh no.

SH is VERY ahead of its time mechanically. Its a huge time machine for those of us where were of age in the 90s too. VR on-line interfaces, haha. The music is sublime (you just don't hear that soft electronica tone much any more), with four top shelf composers working as one and there's a ton of different tracks. Great characters and plot.

I will warn though, that several single target attack spells will lock up the game, and annoyingly often (these can be turned off).

Overall, I feel it was very much worth it.

Man.

I could really go for a KFC right now. KFC is my weakness. When I was in uni I was having it 3 - 5 times a week. Cost me a bloody fortune, and must have been astonishingly unhealthy.

I still love it though.

It's so wierd seeing KFC or Popeyes being the top dog elsewhere. They're low tier here.

Sophia

I feel it is customary to do a run around the Minatodai Dorm at least once every playthrough whenever I play FES. Then I remember there's no square button.

Consequently, I feel sad whenever I play portable because I can no longer run around the dorm shouting my head off. That makes me very sad. Then I remember the square button and squee.

Squire

Banned
Satellite be lurkin'.

Said before, but I'd totally grab SH if I had a 3DS. Interesting plot premise and I like what I've heard of the OST.

kewlmyc

I feel it is customary to do a run around the Minatodai Dorm at least once every playthrough whenever I play FES. Then I remember there's no square button.

Consequently, I feel sad whenever I play portable because I can no longer run around the dorm shouting my head off. That makes me very sad. Then I remember the square button and squee.

Oh yeah, you made me remember. FES is superior because you can't run around the town with you hands in you pockets in P3P.

Squire

Banned
No, but PersonaGAF occasionally becomes creepyGAF every once in a while. It's best to close your eyes and walk away for a while.

Huh.

And I thought it was getting creepy when people were claiming Persona girls.

Now that is normal here. Just comes with the territory I guess.

A) Don't be a prude.

B) We're kidding around and mostly being ironic. Some old guard fans go around GAF pushing that cynical "P3/4 are all about waifus" bullshit. That obviously is not true, (whatever makes them feel better about P1/2 being unpopular, I guess) but lately we meet that claim with irony.

If you had been around for the early days/when P4G was first out, you'd know everyone's interest in the characters is cerebral first and foremost.

Seriously, it's all jokes.

The following post will contain major spoilers for ALL Persona games. If you ain't down with that shit, skip this bullshit because that is what it is. Bullshit desires from a hardcore fan! Lets get this over with son!

SPOILERS START HERE YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. IF YOU DONT WANT TO SEE ANY SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Lets start off my dream Persona Fighter roster with a game not in the Persona series!

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IF:

Tamaki Uchida

Tamaki-portrait.gif

While not originally from the Persona series, her game birthed the entire series and without Shin Megami Tensei If..., there would be no Persona. While she is a Devil Summoner, and not a Persona User, she also commanded a Persona-like power known as a Guardian Spirit. Tamaki's was only used to influence her stats, as she cannot cast magic, but her fellow student's used theirs entirely in a Persona-like fashion. I think Tamaki should be able to summon her money loving Nekomata friend as a familiar, and use her Guardian's to switch in between an offensive, defensive, and speed version of herself. Her IK should be summoning Zurvan. Her arcana should be arcanaless, or something like The World.

MEGAMI IBUNROKU PERSONA/REVELATIONS PERSONA:

The Pierced Boy/The Boy with Earring

1342323343770.jpg

The mostly personality free protagonist of the original Persona game, though I like to picture him as a light jokester, who gets serious when the situation calls for it. His weapons were a katana and a sub-machine gun, which he should be able to switch between to differentiate himself from his katana wielding protagonist brethren. His arcana is The Emperor. He should not have strong Persona attacks, but he should make up for it with his myriad status ailments. His default Persona in 1, Seimen Kongo, packed the status ailments like no ones business, Bind, Mute and Panic. His persona should be Amon-Ra though. His supers should be Shuuraigeki and Azure Cessation. His Instant Kill should be Hieroglyphein.

Kei Nanjo

Kei_Nanjo_P2EP_PSP.png

The once pragmatic heir to the Nanjo Group, he has grown into an independent young man, but one who is not afraid to rely on his friends when need be. He is driven to become the number one man in Japan, and isn't shy about that fact, most of the time, you can spot a 1 somewhere on his clothing. His weapon is a two handed sword, that appears to be heavy. His Persona is Yamaoka, once is butler, and father figure. Kei belongs to the Heirophant arcana. It is said that Kei may be a relative of Mitsuru's but there is no concrete fact to that. What is concrete is that the Nanjo Group and the Kirijo Group were once one entity. His moveset should be based around Light attacks, and Zan, force attacks. His supers should be Zandyne and Guardian Hammer, and his IK should be Makouha.

Eriko Kirishima

Eriko_P2EP_PSP.png

A friendly and cheerful woman who studied for a time overseas who gets along easily with others. She is a fashion model, but her love of the occult trumps that every time, like the time she abandoned her job for a time to go investigate the Sumaru case where she would meet up with Kei. I imagine that she would keep investigating these incidents ever since that, along with the rest of the Persona 1 group from time to time. Her arcana is Judgement, and her Persona is Gabriel, though she is also in control of Michael. Her weapon is a rapier, but she was never one to rely on her physicals that much. Her supers should be Divine Judgement and Release Jail. Her ik should be her summoning Michael and using Hieros Glupaine.

Masao "Mark" Inaba

Masouusversion.jpg
Mark's_Shirt.png

Mark was always a light-hearted kid who loved to tag up walls, and that has since matured into a true passion for art, which lead him to leave japan and go to an art university in New York. He has not been seen since, as he was absent in the Persona 2 saga, but he was mentioned in the Persona 3 cameo thing on the TV, Who's Who. He is a bruiser with an axe, and should be a physical powerhouse with an axe, but I don't know if he should use that, or his shotgun, whichever seems cooler. His persona is Susano-o, and his arcana is Chariot. his supers should be Deadly Fist and using his shotgun. His IK should be Bonecrusher.

Yuka Ayase

The other P1 character missing from P2. I KNOW I KNOW. She is annoying and a jerk. She is probably the second most disliked Persona character among fans in the know of all 4/5 (6?) titles. Hear me out though. I imagine the kogal jerkass had to have matured all these years. Plus, she had to have grown up due to her kids and her husband/lover/whatever. She also would have a unique fighting style, due to her weapon, a whip! Her specialty is whip physicals (which are good in Persona 1), Agi spells, and the sleep ailment, so she should have Lullaby somewhere in her moveset. Her supers should be Love Whip and Crimson Sublation. Her IK should be Rainbow Strike. Her arcana is The Magician.

Reiji Kido

Reiji was once a loner who was a powerhouse with his fists. He was out for vengeance against Kandori. Now he became a salesman along with his friend, Kenta "Toro" Yokouchi. He is now an honest and more reliable man, but his Persona exudes the same frightening aura from his high school days, which scares off potential customers. He now aids his friends when they need help in Persona case matters. He fights with his bare hands, but his Persona is decent at magic as well. His arcana is Death. His Persona, Mot, is proficient in Death attacks, and can also cause the Stone and Beast ailments. His Supers should be Eiha and Eastern Impact, and his IK should be Maeiha.
PERSONA 2: INNOCENT SIN

Eikichi "Michel" Mishina

Eikichi_Mishina_render.png

He was once a narcissistic gang leader of Kasugayama High school, known as Death Boss, and is still in a band known as Gas Chamber. He is also now apparently a Sushi Chef. He is fiercely loyal to his friends, and wouldn't let anyone hurt them. He is still with his girlfriend, Miyabi Hanakouji. His flamboyant personality both annoys and entertains those around him. He wields a guitar case fitted with a gun inside of it, and his Persona is Hades. Michel is of the Death arcana. His supers are Aquadyne and Bloody Honeymoon, and his ultimate is Dark Verdict.

Lisa "Ginko" Silverman

Lisa_Silverman_render.png

Lisa was an American who was raised in japan by her Japanophile parents, one of them basically being Steven Segal. She has a major fascination with Chinese culture, including martial arts and learning Cantonese, though she majorly learned Cantonese, along with some recreational drug use and dating old men (compensated dating) as forms of rebellion towards her parents. She has a crush on Tatsuya, and finds Eikichi annoying, but grows to like him over time. She sees Maya as an older sister, and finds Yukino dependable. She fights using Karate (She is a fan of Bruce Lee) and her Persona is Venus. She is the Lovers Arcana. Her supers should be Aquadyne and Magnadyne, and her IK should be Foamy Lover.

MAJOR Persona 2 spoilers on the next two characters, skip ahead if you don't want that.

Jun Kurosu/Kashihara

Jun_Kurosu_render.png

He was once a kind hearted, if timid kid, before the incident at the shrine. He later became the Joker and began to terrorize Sumaru, even then, he was misguided and just wanted to help people. When he was freed from being the Joker, he rejoined Tatsuya and company in order to atone for the wrongs he has done, even if, in his own words, they are unatonable. He is cold, antisocial and introverted on the outside, due to his shyness, but he is warm and caring towards those who know him. He is Tatsuya's best friend, and he harbors a secret crush on him. He gets along well with Eikichi and Lisa, and views Maya as an older sister, like everyone else. He wields a unique weapon in battle, flowers, his arcana is Fortune, and his persona is Chronos. His Supers are Heartfelt Prayer and Wing Flap, and his IK is Cross Fortune.

PERSONA 2: ETERNAL PUNISHMENT

Maya Amano

P2EP-Maya.jpg

Maya is a cheerful reporter for the magazine, Coolest. She has a personal motto, which is "Lets think positive", or "Lets positive thinking." She investigated the Joker cases around Sumaru and got caught up in an incident bigger than she ever thought. She banded together with students from Seven Sisters High School, Kasugayama High School, and her photography partner, Yukino Mayuzumi, to take on the Masked Circle and forces even greater. She is of the Moon arcana, her weapon is dual pistols, and her Persona is Artemis. Her supers should be Diamond Dust and Crescent Mirror, and her IK should be Omni Simension/Multidimension.

Tatsuya Suou

TatsuyaEP.jpg

Tatsuya was a troubled youth with popularity at Seven Sisters High School who seemed familiar to Maya Amano. He would go on to fight along side her and would reveal, that he has done that once before already. Tatsuya was a self made loner, who preferred to be on his own, but he would grow to be attached to the new friends he made. Tatsuya is a wielder of a katana, like most Persona MC's. His arcana is The Sun and his Persona is Apollo. His Supers are Agidyne and Freidyne, and his IK is Nova Kaiser.

Baofu

Baofu_P2EP_PSP.png

Baofu, or
Kaoru Saga
is a tap buster from Taiwan who is investigating the Joker, and later on, another person. He teams up with Maya and company to do this. While for a while, he wishes he would go it alone. He disliked Katsuya and Ulala most of all, but he warmed up to them, eventually. Baofu is shrouded in mystery, and not much is known about him other than that. After the Sumaru Incidents are over, he gives up tap busting and teams up with Ulala Serizawa to search for missing people. His Persona is Prometheus, and his arcana is Hanged Man. His weapon is an odd one, weighted coins, that he throws at enemies. His Supers are Ninety Nine Needles and Baptism By Thunder. His IK is Wiseman Snap

Ulala Serizawa

Ulala_remake.png

Ulala is Maya's best friend and room mate. She has self confidence issues and drinks heavily. She is sometimes jealous of Maya, but eventually overcomes those issues. She would argue all the time with Baofu, but eventually, trust in him more and the two of them would eventually partner up to become mansearchers. She is a proficient boxer, and she fights demons with only bandages wrapped around her hands. Her arcana is Star and her Persona is Asteria. Her Supers are Alluring Mazurka and Dream Needle. Her IK is Twinkle Nebula.

Persona 3

Makoto Yuki

MY THEORY ON HOW THIS WILL WORK:

Ths is the one true vessel that the good ol' Malevolent Entity was talking about. He can take over whatever the hell anime thing they will come up with, and he will fuck shit up. He will be one of the final bosses.

Weapon? Katana, its the one you are stuck with in P3P. Persona? Messiah. Arcana?
Universe.
Dunno bout supers, but IK? Great Seal.

Persona 3 Portable Female MC

Female_Protagonist_protrait.png

Non canon bonus character. Because she is cool and a nagianta is a cool weapon. She uses her Orpheus. Arcana ? Fool. Supers? Agidyne and Cadenza. IK? Great Seal.

PERSONA 4

Margaret

A Velvet Room attendant who watched over Yu and his friends during their journey to solve the murder mystery of Inaba. Her sister, Elizabeth, left the velvet room to aid a previous guest. Margeret, feeling that the situation was getting serious, decided to do the same, with Igor's permission of course. Her weapon is her Persona Compendium. Her arcana is The Empress. Her Persona? I am not sure, nor her supers or ik. Maybe it could be the Uberpixie?

Marie

Marie was a mysterious girl that appeared before Yu when he first arrived at Inaba. It would eventually be revealed that
she is a reincarnation of Izanami.
She was once cold and closed off, but now she is open and talkative. She is now a weather reporter, and she can make the weather be whatever she wants it to be. She is now aiding Yu and his friends on their investigation of the Malevolent Entity. Her arcana is Aeon, her Persona is Kaguya. Her weapon is...well I dunno. Her supers are undecided and her IK is Mahamon.

BOSSES

WARNING, THIS SECTION WILL CONTAIN MAJOR SPOILERS FOR EVERY GAME IN THE SERIES, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Takahisa Kandori, AKA, Guido Sardenia, AKA The Artist Formerly Known as Super Guido

P2Kandori.jpg

He was once the head of the Mikage-cho branch of the Saeki Electronics & Biological & Energy Corporation, or SEBEC, as it is more widely known. He used it as a front to fund his DEVA System. He would go on to use it on Maki Sonomura, and attain god like power, but he was killed by the Pierced Boy and his friends. He would go on to become a pawn in Nyarlathotep's plans, only to be defeated by Maya, Tatsuya and company. He continues to be used as a pawn in Nyarlathotep's schemes, who refuses to simply let him die. He has a simple sword, but his Persona, a version Nyarlathotep, is by far his biggest asset. His Arcana is Tower. His supers is Zandyne and Wheel of Time, his IK should be him turning into God Kandori/Super Guido and using Unperishable Black.

Tatsuya Sudou

Tatsuya2.JPG

A troubled youth who was corrupted by Nyarlathotep. He was once a harmless, if slightly crazy, student, who was considered twitchy and sort of erratic, but he had no ill will towards others. His fellow students would spread nasty rumors about him. He would start rambling on about various things from the voices he heard in his head, which was thought to be direct contact by Maiyan aliens by the teacher Kashihara, which he wrote down as the book In Lak'ech, which spiraled and ended up causing the chain of events that would initiate Sumaru's Persona incident. He would lose himself to madness and become another pawn of the Crawling Chaos. Known in one timeline as King Leo, and in another as the serial killer, JOKER. His arcana is The Sun. He wields a bloodied, rusty cleaver, and his persona is the JOKER Persona. His supers are Hypnotic Wave and Old Maid, and his IK should be some sort of brutal stab move. He is a wild, psychotic killer, and needs to be eliminated as soon as possible.

Takaya Sakaki

P3TakayaPortrait.jpg

He was once the head of Strega, a 3 man Artificial Persona User group, consisting of him, Chidori and Jin, who were bent on causing The Fall. They were all eliminated, but you never actually see Takaya's body. He could have very well survived or maybe he died, but the good ol' Crawling Chaos made him a pawn, like the others. Either way, he is still going to commit himself to end the world, The Fall, or not. He is a ruthless man who wields a revolver. His arcana is Fortune. His Persona is Hypnos, and he likes to use the four elements. His supers should be Mind Charge and Megidola, and his IK should be an execution style shot. He is determined to end the world, and must be defeated.

Tohru Adachi

Once a detective in the small town of Inaba, he came into contact with Izanami, who granted him the power to use Persona and enter the tv. He was onceo n the fast track to becoming a respected detective, but, in his own words, "I made one little mistake and they stuck me out here in the boonies." He decided he would go around throwing people into the TV, for no reason other than fun, with some of his victims meeting death inside. He eventually manipulated someone to do it instead of him. The Investigation Team defeated Adachi and sent him to jail. His bond with Yu reformed him a little bit, but now he is a pawn of the Crawling Chaos. His Arcana is Jester, but it changed to Hunger. His weapon is a detective's pistol and his Persona is Magatsu Izanagi. His supers are Vorpal Blade, and Garudyne. His IK is Evil Smile. He was once on the fast track to being reformed, can he be redeemed?

Nyarlathotep, The Crawling Chaos

The ultimate villain of the Persona series thus far. His schemes and plots have wide reaching effects throughout the entire series. He was behind Kandori's bid for godhood in Persona 1, he was directly the one behind Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment, and it is VERY heavily implied he was behind the incident in Persona 4 Arena. He could very well somehow be behind Persona 3 and 4 too, who knows. He opposes Philemon, and wants to destroy humanity. He is sadistic and loves toying with his enemies. He can take many forms, and has done so quite a bit in the series. He can also appear as anyone he chooses. He also has used Shadow Selves under his command in the past to further his goals. He has no arcana. His fighting style should be mysterious and he should shape shift and take many forms. His supers should be Chaos Element and Shadow Kill. His IK should be Crawling Chaos. He is the most dangerous enemy in the Persona universe, and he must be defeated, or else everything in it is in grave danger.

SPOILERS END HERE.

IM SORRY.

All the KFC's in my province were owned by the same person, and one day they just shut all of them down.
One opened up a while later under new ownership and people flocked to it from all over. It was hilarious.

Also, fast food related:

I don't know where I find this shit.

Looks like someone taught her how to eat burgers in the wrong restaurant. Creepy.

Speaking of creepy, Keiichi, that's just

I dunno how to put it but

weird. Very very very weird.

ST2K

Now that is normal here. Just comes with the territory I guess.

Yeah. I think I'm mostly used to it after dealing with Bioware fans for so many years.

At least none of you guys are suggesting stripping out the game for more dating sim stuff!
yet

We're kidding around and mostly being ironic. Some old guard fans go around GAF pushing that cynical "P3/4 are all about waifus" bullshit. That obviously is not true, (whatever makes them feel better about P1/2 being unpopular, I guess) but lately we meet that claim with irony.

If you had been around for the early days/when P4G was first out, you'd know everyone's interest in the characters is cerebral first and foremost.

I think your last line applies to this situation as well. =P

Squire

Banned
Buddha, Maggy and Marie? For real? *high-five*

Also, I like your speculation there about Marie might fit into P4C. Good stuff.

PK Gaming

Awesome list dude, I can tell you put a lot of time into making it, but why Ayase dude. Nobody, and I mean nobody likes her. I actually like Conspiracy B!tch more than her, lol.

also where the FLIP is Maki.

Awesome list dude, I can tell you put a lot of time into making it, but why Ayase dude. Nobody, and I mean nobody likes her. I actually like Conspiracy B!tch more than her, lol.

also where the FLIP is Maki.

She would have a major story role and be a navigator type person.

kewlmyc

A) Don't be a prude.

B) We're kidding around and mostly being ironic. Some old guard fans go around GAF pushing that cynical "P3/4 are all about waifus" bullshit. That obviously is not true, (whatever makes them feel better about P1/2 being unpopular, I guess) but lately we meet that claim with irony.

I'm not prudish, I swear. T_T

Also, impressive post buddha. Now I want that game instead.

Rhapsody

Banned
So buddha posted his dream list? Sadly I haven't seen it because of some... pictures resulting me to page down to the bottom. lol

PK Gaming

I'm not prudish, I swear. T_T

Also, impressive post buddha. Now I want that game instead.

P4A should have always been a fighting game that didn't really deal with story, and just included characters from all of the Persona games.

(with priority given to P4 characters ofc)

Alas, beggars can't be choosers.

Young Magus

Buddha....your post is beautiful I must say. Lots of time/love/research went into it. I agree with the P3MC idea and now I want to see
Adachi
in it for shits and giggles.

Shit like that post is why I think you cool people Buddha *internet high-five*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom