• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

Anyone who says Ken is a big jerk face.

Yuka is such a lame character, I can hardly even believe she's a Persona user...

PK you are being two faced right here. You didn't pick her, so she wont change at all. She matures and changes too, man. How can you get mad at people for judging Ken when you are doing it even worse here.

PK Gaming

PK you are being two faced right here. You didn't pick her, so she wont change at all. She matures and changes too, man. How can you get mad at people for judging Ken when you are doing it even worse here.

How much you want to bet that when I play through Snow Queen, i'll still hate her guts.

Gamerloid

You put that list together well, Buddha. I can definitely see why it took so long to make. I would be interested in playing as Marie.

PK Gaming

tumblr_mrsr7hXkwM1s9abodo1_500.jpg

I posted this in the P4A topic, but I figured i'd post it here since some of you guys might enjoy it.

Remember I while back I shared the Soul Hackers cameo in the Watamote manga and said the anime episode was coming up?

They kinda did it.

They totally did it, but they probably changed the Kyoji due to, you know, that game rereleasing a few months ago, so some people would rememember who that is now, and now its noncopyright infringing random animu guy.

Meia

IM SORRY.

For what, a wall of fucking AWESOME? :D

Never even really had Marie enter my mind. At this point, provided Labrys is indeed on 3's side(and probably will be begrudgingly atm due to Aigis), each side has 7 people. Yu, Yosuke, Chie, Yukiko, Kanji, Naoto, and Teddie on 4's side, Aigis, Mitsuru, Akihiko, Labrys, Elizabeth, Junpei, and Yukari on 3's side. Because of this, I can't imagine them breaking the idea of "even sides", so to speak, so others added means others will be added to the other. If Ken gets added for example, Marie or Margaret are viable candidates(would probably prefer Margaret just for uber pixie and banter between the two siblings if they meet in battle).

Of course, they could also choose to add people outside this little grouping. The villains would obviously fall into this camp, but P1/2 characters would potentially as well. I'd freak the hell out of they blew their load and added both Maya and Tatsuya though, Nanjo is still by far the most likely case. Of course, as we saw from Arena 1, they could still be part of the story without being a fighter.

I just can't imagine them taking the time to come up with that pic of all of the cast, including the new characters, facing off with angry/determined looks on their faces if it wasn't going to hold any significance.

He seems sort of indifferent about the whole series now, they were just talking about it on last unprofessional fridays, and he sort of sounded disinterested in the whole thing, despite him liking Persona 4 Arena. He also stated hes a Persona 4 fan, not a Persona fan on the Persona 3 Portable quick look.

He seems sort of indifferent about the whole series now, they were just talking about it on last unprofessional fridays, and he sort of sounded disinterested in the whole thing, despite him liking Persona 4 Arena. He also stated hes a Persona 4 fan, not a Persona fan on the Persona 3 Portable quick look.

Yep.
It sounds to me that that he is kind of fed up with the series and his love for Persona 4 is just getting hyped up by the viewers.

Dantis

By the way, may I ask how you go about drawing the character's head/face? Do you use guidelines? Draw from reference? Completely from imagination?

I swear of all the things to be my artistic Achilles heel it had to human faces. I might have to just make a compromise or something, y'know? You'll see my magnum opus in about forty years time, like the Mona Lisa only replaced with Aigis, and she'll have those nose glasses from Persona 4 that Yukiko likes to hide the eye problems.

I generally bring up a picture of the character in a window as a reference for the eye shapes and whatnot, and then go from there.

Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it. Drawing faces becomes much easier once you find your own style (Not to say that I'm some expert at drawing faces, just that I'm much better than I used to be ;)).

Succinct!

I generally bring up a picture of the character in a window as a reference for the eye shapes and whatnot, and then go from there.

Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it. Drawing faces becomes much easier once you find your own style (Not to say that I'm some expert at drawing faces, just that I'm much better than I used to be ;))

Your recent work has been great. Really liked the Yukari one. Curious, do you draw on paper first and scan or use a tablet?

Squire

Banned

I can understand that. Keats said on twitter hell probably all over it when it's out on consoles. I agree with that, myself.

Dantis

Your recent work has been great. Really liked the Yukari one. Curious, do you draw on paper first and scan or use a tablet?

Thanks!

A lot of people seem to like the Yukari picture, presumably because her design was only shown recently so people are interested in it right now. Once the official art is out I want to go back and fix any mistakes I've made with the design, and then shade it properly.

And I just use a tablet for my Persona stuff. Never even tried drawing it on paper. I tried drawing FeMC on Wii U once though! Spent about fifteen minutes on it before asking myself why I was drawing on that tiny shitty screen instead of my tablet and posted it. Haven't turned the system on since.

Yep.
It sounds to me that that he is kind of fed up with the series and his love for Persona 4 is just getting hyped up by the viewers.

Nah, he really loved it, he put it on his game of the year lists and he enjoyed P4A too, I think what he is fed up with is...well...probably all the people asking him about persona lol

Lunar15

Nah, he really loved it, he put it on his game of the year lists and he enjoyed P4A too, I think what he is fed up with is...well...probably all the people asking him about persona lol

This. Guy just likes Persona 4 and it's characters. Ain't nothin' wrong with that. I'm surprised he liked P4:A at all, considering he's not a huge fan of ASW fighting games.

Sophia

He's 10-11.

I'd say that makes him pretty distinguishable in a party of mostly teens, no?

One of the party members is a robot, the other is a dog, another leads a huge corporation, and the field leader is a walking messiah. You just don't stand out that much even if you're a kid with a party like THAT....

Levito

Banned
Ken is a pretty forgettable character.

Hey I downloaded P1 this weekend, will start playing it once I fly down to Seattle for PAX. Had no idea a good portion of it was in first person.

PK Gaming

One of the party members is a robot, the other is a dog, another leads a huge corporation, and the field leader is a walking messiah. You just don't stand out that much even if you're a kid with a party like THAT....

Eh. The latter 2 are characters you get accustomed to very quickly(and Mitsuru is kind of bland for most the game), and the field leader doesn't even become a messiah till the very end... Even if you despise him, there's no denying that he definitely stuck out like a sore thumb.

Especially when you start the process the fact that he's a kid fighting dangerous shadows with no relatives. When I was his age, my biggest priority in life was Yu-gi-oh.

So was Shinji, but everyone loves him anyway.

At least the PSP version fixed it.

I know man, it's total bullshit. The fandom reveres him but I bet you'd sing a different tune
if he accidentally killed your parents. whoops.

Eh. The latter 2 are characters you get accustomed to very quickly(and Mitsuru is kind of bland for most the game), and the field leader doesn't even become a messiah till the very end... Even if you despise him, there's no denying that he definitely stuck out like a sore thumb.

Especially when you start the process the fact that he's a kid fighting dangerous shadows with no relatives. When I was his age, my biggest priority in life was Yu-gi-oh.

I know man, it's total bullshit. The fandom reveres him but I bet you'd sing a different tune
if he accidentally killed your parents. whoops.

Ayase didn't
kill anyone

Dantis

What, a canon starting point for a fanfic where Chie turns into a cannibal is bad?

I actually found the steak thing amusing in vanilla P4. It cropped up, what, three times? It was just a silly little side-thing. And then the fanbase gets a hold of it and turns it into this grand thing where CHIE AND STEAK STEAK STEAK.

Eurgh.

I actually found the steak thing amusing in vanilla P4. It cropped up, what, three times? It was just a silly little side-thing. And then the fanbase gets a hold of it and turns it into this grand thing where CHIE AND STEAK STEAK STEAK.

Eurgh.

And then P4A happened

Sophia

His biggest priority in life would be Power Rangers if not for Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Shinjiro! >_>;

Eurgh.

Virtually every internet meme ever is based off that one moment in a show where a character does something hilariously awesome. That's how Spinzaku (warning: Minor Code Geass spoilerz) became a meme.

PK Gaming

Ayase didn't
kill anyone

neither did
Ken.

Eurgh.

It's not just steak, Chie is a food fiend in general. She sings a song about the fillet mignon that she forced Yosuke into buying, and later enthusiastically sings about ramen. She carries meat gums, and talks about meat in general when you talk to her for a quest. Didn't she get super mad when all they had for dinner was fish during the ski trip?

It's her thing man.

Gamerloid

Good 'ol Yu-Gi-Oh. That game is popular at my college. The cafeteria has a Yu-Gi-Oh section. I stopped playing that game like a year ago though.

Levito

Banned

Eurgh.

What you got against Paleo? You frontn' carbs breh?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ken is a pretty forgettable character.

Hey I downloaded P1 this weekend, will start playing it once I fly down to Seattle for PAX. Had no idea a good portion of it was in first person.

Yup, the dungeons are all first person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom