• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

I actually found the steak thing amusing in vanilla P4. It cropped up, what, three times? It was just a silly little side-thing. And then the fanbase gets a hold of it and turns it into this grand thing where CHIE AND STEAK STEAK STEAK.

Eurgh.

You need more steak in your life.

Sendou

Just finished Persona 4 Golden after being introduced to the series with Persona 3 Portable month or two ago. I kind of feel overwhelmed right now. It is definitely one of the best games I have ever played. Best RPG and characters definitely. Now I understand why you see some many avatars here with characters from that game. Soundtrack was on its own level too.

I'm not sure where I should go from here: Persona 4 Golden again, Persona 3 Portable as the female protagonist, Persona 4 Arena or Persona 1+2.

Hopefully Persona 5 doesn't take too long to finish. Haven't really followed that one closely at all. Hopefully we'll see more of the old cast than just references like in P4.

cjkeats

Just finished Persona 4 Golden after being introduced to the series with Persona 3 Portable month or two ago. I kind of feel overwhelmed right now. It is definitely one of the best games I have ever played. Best RPG and characters definitely. Now I understand why you see some many avatars here with characters from that game. Soundtrack was on its own level too.

I'm not sure where I should go from here: Persona 4 Golden again, Persona 3 Portable as the female protagonist, Persona 4 Arena or Persona 1+2.

Hopefully Persona 5 doesn't take too long to finish. Haven't really followed that one closely at all. Hopefully we'll see more of the old cast than just references like in P4.
Arena for sure, the story is a direct follow up.
Then lady protagonist in P3P if you aren;t Persona'd out.

Meia

Based on this list, if you played P3P but as the male protag and never the female, that's your next step. They followed a lot of the lessons they learned from social links in 4 when they did the female playthrough(every party member is a social link for example).

But yeah, I've always felt characters were the most important element in any RPG, and because of that Persona 4 will probably not be topped. The Persona 2 games probably could have if they were longer/got more of the characters themselves, those casts were great.

Sendou

Arena for sure, the story is a direct follow up.
Then lady protagonist in P3P if you aren;t Persona'd out.

Wow Arena is cheap too. Maybe I'll get that one. Who's with Teddie and Persona 4 protagonist in the cover of P4A? I don't think I seen her previously. Something exclusive to Arena maybe?

cjkeats

Wow Arena is cheap too. Maybe I'll get that one. Who's with Teddie and Persona 4 protagonist in the cover of P4A? I don't think I seen her previously. Something exclusive to Arena maybe?

She is, a new character. You'll see when you do the story ;) She's cool.
Arena also gives the protagonist a name and personality, so say hello to Yu Narukami.

Sendou

Arena also gives the protagonist a name and personality, so say hello to Yu Narukami.

Yeah I already used that in Persona 4. Wanted to go with more Japanese (=fits better the script) name. Using my own name in Persona 3 kind of stood out hehe.

courtesy of Sophia in the IRC

jwz8ixT.jpg

Money does strange things to some people

Dantis

Be warned that Arena's story is pretty fan fiction-esque.

P3P as the female protagonist is amazing though.

EDIT: Random observation: Soejima's and Meguro's work for core titles (P3, P4, Catherine) is much more polished than their side-work. The portraits in P4 are insane.

EMT0

Banned

I'm literally on the exact same path as you, except I did this a few months earlier. I decided to head to Arena and I'm actually enjoying it; it's the first fighting game I'm giving the time of the day and I'm pleasantly surprised by it.

P4A should have always been a fighting game that didn't really deal with story, and just included characters from all of the Persona games.

(with priority given to P4 characters ofc)

Alas, beggars can't be choosers.

Meanwhile, back in the real world. :(

If you look closely at the healthbars, you'll see mini healthbar icons to the right of them

It's like they're their own pet classes.

PK Gaming

Last time on TLoU...

WINTER

Wow. You guys were not kidding about this one, the WINTER segment is phenomenal. Oh my god, words cannot describe how much I enjoyed WINTER. The highlight for me was when I was
forced to hide in a house and engage in a home alone moment.

The duel with
David was pretty awesome too. I could swear he's a Persona Dynamic Stealth user. I couldn't track him sometimes, haha.

Anyway i've pretty much reached the endgame. Regardless of what happens next, TLoU is solidified as one of my favorite games of all time.

Last time on TLoU...

WINTER

Wow. You guys were not kidding about this one, the WINTER segment is phenomenal. Oh my god, words cannot describe how much I enjoyed WINTER. The highlight for me was when I was
forced to hide in a house and engage in a home alone moment.

The duel with
David was pretty awesome too. I could swear he's a Persona Dynamic Stealth user. I couldn't track him sometimes, haha.

Anyway i've pretty much reached the endgame. Regardless of what happens next, TLoU is solidified as one of my favorite games of all time.

Yeah, I love how
David gets progressively more serious and dangerous as the battle goes on. He starts just walking around slowly and taunting you, but then his pace quickens and he becomes more aggressive after being stabbed once, before going into full-on stealth mode and never making a sound during the battle's last segment, signifying that he is no longer screwing around.

Also the fact that Nolan North plays him is still mind-blowing to me. I know he played a similar character in Spec Ops, but the fact that I didn't even realize it was him while I was playing is a testament to both his range and the voice director's skill.

PK Gaming

Yeah, I love how
David gets progressively more serious and dangerous as the battle goes on. He starts just walking around slowly and taunting you, but then his pace quickens and he becomes more aggressive after being stabbed once, before going into full-on stealth mode and never making a sound during the battle's last segment, signifying that he is no longer screwing around.

Also the fact that Nolan North plays him is still mind-blowing to me. I know he played a similar character in Spec Ops, but the fact that I didn't even realize it was him while I was playing is a testament to both his range and the voice director's skill.

Oh man, killing him was so satisfying. I loved his arrogance. He was so arrogant, my god even towards the end he had to fuck around, one last time by kicking me, and i'm glad the game let you chop him up. God, if Joel had come in at the last second to save Ellie and steal that I would have been super mad.

PS: CALLUS NO!!!!!!!

Gamerloid

Thanks for the feedback. Avy is up for grabs if anyone wants it (including you lurkers currently watching us)!

Holy shit, you drew that? Looks borderline professional.

Thanks. Nothing is drawn by me though. I wish I had artistic skills like that. All I can do is alter a bunch of picture and use my creativity to make them into whatever I want. Lots of effects used and merging when going for a very well done design. Something like this needed 17 layers to make:
image.php

--------------------------------------------
On another note, with the Vita $200 and 32 GB $80, I might jump on it later this year or early next year on my birthday. Still very expensive, but that's a total of $70 shaved off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom