• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Wait, P1's gameplay is better than P2's? Oh god, I'm in for a wild ride.

I'd say so. I'd prefer P2s if it wasn't for the godawful Tarot card system. The tarot card system sorta exists in one, but it's easier to get cards (though still a bit frustrating at times, though nowhere as annoying as P2)You can usually cruise battles quicker too. Also, it might be just me but i've been able to clear dungeons pretty quickly, whereas in P2 they took much longer.

PS: Get Gozu Tennoh (Chariot Persona, lvl 18) and Phaleg (Judgement, lvl 18)
Congratulations, you're set for 80% of the game.

cjkeats

48Jfh.png

RIP Charlie Tunoku.

kewlmyc

I'd say so. I'd prefer P2s if it wasn't for the godawful Tarot card system. The tarot card system sorta exists in one, but it's easier to get cards (though still a bit frustrating at times, though nowhere as annoying as P2)You can usually cruise battles quicker too. Also, it might be just me but i've been able to clear dungeons pretty quickly, whereas in P2 they took much longer.

Which game? I'm at the beginning of P1P.

48Jfh.png

RIP Charlie Tunoku.
Can't blame the guy. The Persona fanbase can be annoying at times. Not you guys of course.

Same can be said of all massive fanbases though

Sophia

The tarot card system in P1 is closer to Shuffle Time/Fusing than P2's system. You get the Spell card for the demon, you fuse them into a Persona. No having to collect so many of the card all the time.

PK Gaming

Which game? I'm at the beginning of P1P.

Can't blame the guy. The Persona fanbase can be annoying at times. Not you guys of course.

Same can be said of all massive fanbases though

Persona 1

The tarot card system in P1 is closer to Shuffle Time/Fusing than P2's system. You get the Spell card for the demon, you fuse them into a Persona. No having to collect so many of the card all the time.

Right, but you still have to rely on the contact system. Word of advice, your protagonist has the shittiest contacts ;_;

kewlmyc

Persona 1

Right, but you still have to rely on the contact system. Word of advice, your protagonist has the shittiest contacts ;_;

I know that the whole contract thing every time I want a Persona card is annoying. Does it get better in P2?

I heard it's the same in SMT too. Maybe I'm too casual for this. :*(

Sophia

I know that the whole contract thing every time I want a Persona card is annoying. Does it get better in P2?

I heard it's the same in SMT too. Maybe I'm too casual for this. :*(

Contacting in P2 is far far worse. I actually enjoy Persona 1's version of contacts, but the P2 version is god awful because you have to do it over and over just to get tarot cards for one single Persona, and in the original PS1 versions there was no emotions diamond.

kewlmyc

Contacting in P2 is far far worse. I actually enjoy Persona 1's version of contacts, but the P2 version is god awful because you have to do it over and over just to get tarot cards for one single Persona, and in the original PS1 versions there was no emotion screen.

Wait, so in P1, you only have to "woo" a demon once and you can keep the card forever? Even after fusion?

Sophia

Wait, so in P1, you only have to "woo" a demon once and you can keep the card forever? Even after fusion?

No, you lose the card when you fuse it. But in Persona 2 the system is completely different. There, instead of getting the demon's card, you get tarot cards, and to summon a Persona, you need so many of their specific card.

It's very obnoxious for example, when you wanna summon say.... Tengu.... and you need 64 Magician cards, and unless you know exactly what you're doing it takes forever to acquire that many. You have to find the right demon that gives them out, and then you have to make them interested (remember the original version of P2 did NOT show their emotions) and you have to do this over and over at a rate of 2-5 cards a piece. Unless you abuse pacts and other stuff. Which the game doesn't really tell you about.

There is a reason why I say the tarot system is Persona 2's only real flaw. Just trying to describe it makes me mad. It can burn in fucking hell for all I care. ><;

Oh yeah, and the real kicker? The PSP version of Eternal Punishment fixed this system somewhat by increasing the amount of tarot cards you get, and we probably will never get it in English. :(

cjkeats

I've found in IS you don't even really need to fuse anyways. I'm playing on easy and I've only fused 3, maybe 4 personas. I'm in the last dungeon now and I'm simply rolling with the final versions of the default personas. Haven't run into any resistance/weakness trouble yet. (I have back up I got from following the guide, but I doubt I'll need it)

Mind you it is a really easy game so far, just tedious.

Trigger

Just reached the point in the story where the killer's identity is revealed.
Does Adachi's SL drop hints? Feeling bad i missed it now.

No, not really.
The most you'll get out of his social link is that he's not so happy-go-lucky and quite cynical. It makes his reveal less surprising IMO.

Dantis

Oh, haha!

Basically, Giant Bomb often gets mentioned alongside Persona, and I bet they get tired of it. They're only into P4, right? I just thought it was funny that he straight up said "Don't ask me about Persona any more".

Meia

So much good arts and convos as I was working, time to catch up! And omg Aigis giving Nanako a piggyback ride is the greatest thing ever. :D

It was said in Persona 3 you need a persona just to harm a shadow.
It was even shown in Mitsuru's flashback in the Answer.
The cast can use weapons and have them be effective against shadows because they have Personas, if they didn't the weapons would do nothing. So there's no real reason why the 4 cast couldn't just leave the weapons by the exit TV or something.

For p1/p2, or at least for p1, I think it was mentioned that without having a Persona, any magic attack from a demon would instantly kill you, and that having a Persona gives you some more natural defense. Not sure why they didn't just keep that going forward, but who knows?

In terms of the Persona game, um,
It was my understanding that everyone from IS actually DID do the Persona game. At least, that's what Lisa says in one of the scenes. Haven't played through EP so not sure it's the same there. Always got the impression that the big reason why the persona users from 1/2 and 3/4 were so different(being able to switch in the first place) was 1/2 got them from Philemon for the most part, 3/4 didn't.

Caladrius

So much good arts and convos as I was working, time to catch up! And omg Aigis giving Nanako a piggyback ride is the greatest thing ever. :D

It was said in Persona 3 you need a persona just to harm a shadow.
It was even shown in Mitsuru's flashback in the Answer.
The cast can use weapons and have them be effective against shadows because they have Personas, if they didn't the weapons would do nothing. So there's no real reason why the 4 cast couldn't just leave the weapons by the exit TV or something.

For p1/p2, or at least for p1, I think it was mentioned that without having a Persona, any magic attack from a demon would instantly kill you, and that having a Persona gives you some more natural defense. Not sure why they didn't just keep that going forward, but who knows?

In terms of the Persona game, um,
It was my understanding that everyone from IS actually DID do the Persona game. At least, that's what Lisa says in one of the scenes. Haven't played through EP so not sure it's the same there. Always got the impression that the big reason why the persona users from 1/2 and 3/4 were so different(being able to switch in the first place) was 1/2 got them from Philemon for the most part, 3/4 didn't.

Did the bet ever end? (I haven't played through EP.)

Gamerloid

So since I will most likely get a Vita this Holiday Season (Black Friday good deals please), I was looking at the P4G Skin that was given to those that pre-ordered P4G. Is it worth buying? I remember having a Skin for my DS and it sucked. Air Bubbles was a pain, and it peeled off quickly...

Meia

So since I will most likely get a Vita this Holiday Season (Black Friday good deals please), I was looking at the P4G Skin that was given to those that pre-ordered P4G. Is it worth buying? I remember having a Skin for my DS and it sucked. Air Bubbles was a pain, and it peeled off quickly...

It's been on mine ever since and have had no issues with it. Since it also functions as a screen protector, you can't really go wrong with it imo.

And it looks dead sexy on a white Vita. :D

Also the world of Persona 4 feels a lot smaller than 3 did, but I'm guessing that's by design. Apparently a "big city feel" is walking down huge hallways in a dorm. :p

kewlmyc

It's nice, but I wouldn't bother paying extra for it. Already took mine off.

Gamerloid

It's nice, but I wouldn't bother paying extra for it. Already took mine off.

Since it works well I'm going to get it. Only $9.99, so for a cool looking Skin and a Screen Protector, that's really good.

Also the world of Persona 4 feels a lot smaller than 3 did, but I'm guessing that's by design. Apparently a "big city feel" is walking down huge hallways in a dorm. :p
Playing SMT IV has given me high hopes for the world of P5, and SMT IV is a 3DS game!

PK Gaming

I've found in IS you don't even really need to fuse anyways. I'm playing on easy and I've only fused 3, maybe 4 personas. I'm in the last dungeon now and I'm simply rolling with the final versions of the default personas. Haven't run into any resistance/weakness trouble yet. (I have back up I got from following the guide, but I doubt I'll need it)

Mind you it is a really easy game so far, just tedious.

Yeah it's not much of a problem in P2:IS since it's so freaking easy and you can cruise through the game with your default personas and their evolutions(+ a handful of staples).

It's completely different in EP though. You HAVE to constantly fuse in that game, and if you don't you're fucked. It's part of the reason why it took so long for me to beat it. I'd dreaded completing a dungeon because I knew that i'd have to upgrade my persona :(

@Jintor, can't get enough of this cuteness

cjkeats

Jintor your art is awesome and don't let anyone tell you different.
I still have an unused one, and my curent one is beat to hell. I've been waiting for it to get really bad before I replace it or remove it for a while adn bask in the whiteness But like Meia said, it's been protecting my screen for a while. And it does look sexy as hell on the delicious white Vita..
Here's mine the day I put it on.
Yeah it's not much of a problem in P2:IS since it's so freaking easy and you can cruise through the game with your default personas and their evolutions(+ a handful of staples).

It's completely different in EP though. You HAVE to constantly fuse in that game, and if you don't you're fucked. It's part of the reason why it took so long for me to beat it. I'd dreaded completing a dungeon because I knew that i'd have to upgrade my persona :(

@Jintor, can't get enough of this cuteness

Ugh, I'm terrified to go back to EP PS1 after IS PSP. Makes it worse hearing that the PSP version was so much better than the IS PSP port.
*sigh*

Logash

Where do you get those backgrounds. I lost my preorder skin when I cleaned out my drawer. Wasn't there a site that I could go to to get backgrounds that match the skin?

Daimaou

Not really. Toro mentions he's married to someone that's a homemaker in P2. He never says who. It's almost certainly Ayase.

I wouldn't say certainly. I think if they wanted to say that two characters from the previous game got married to each other, they'd do so a bit more explicitly. It's not like homemakers are rare.

kewlmyc

Where do you get those backgrounds. I lost my preorder skin when I cleaned out my drawer. Wasn't there a site that I could go to to get backgrounds that match the skin?

http://psvitagamer.net/threads/persona-4-wallpapers.4518/

I still have an unused one, and my curent one is beat to hell. I've been waiting for it to get really bad before I replace it or remove it for a while adn bask in the whiteness But like Meia said, it's been protecting my screen for a while. And it does look sexy as hell on the delicious white Vita..
Here's mine the day I put it on.
Looks so odd on a white Vita.

cj_iwakura

I wouldn't say certainly. I think if they wanted to say that two characters from the previous game got married to each other, they'd do so a bit more explicitly. It's not like homemakers are rare.

Ayase mentions at some point in P1 she'd like to become one, if memory serves. It's vague, but I think it's safe to connect the dots, especially given the SQQ events between them.

Squire

Banned
You cray. I think it looks great on the lovely white Vita. Just like the Hori shell that came with the Solid Gold Edition.

I got my capture card and started doing an LP of Dark Souls with a friend. I want to do an LP of P4 with this same friend, as he has no experience with anime and jrpgs, so it'd be amusing to see what he has to say.

Preview: "Shit, John, this game is awesome!"

kewlmyc

You cray. I think it looks great on the lovely white Vita. Just like the Hori shell that came with the Solid Gold Edition.

I got my capture card and started doing an LP of Dark Souls with a friend. I want to do an LP of P4 with this same friend, as he has no experience with anime and jrpgs, so it'd be amusing to see what he has to say.

I don't know, it just doesn't match the color scheme of the skin as well as the black does (there's barely any white on the skin).

Sophia

Not really. Toro mentions he's married to someone that's a homemaker in P2. He never says who. It's almost certainly Ayase.

Ayase mentions at some point in P1 she'd like to become one, if memory serves. It's vague, but I think it's safe to connect the dots, especially given the SQQ events between them.

.... and here we were wondering if you had information from the Persona World Guidance or something. But nope, it was just your own silly fanfiction.

Especially not in Japan of all places. :p

Gamerloid

It actually really does look good on white. Didn't think it'd work well. Also, that's some really good games on your Vita.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom