• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Spoilers - http://i.imgur.com/dvRchQN.jpg

You guys share a bunch of pictures so I wonder if y'all saw this already

House-Sad-Head-Nod.gif

cj_iwakura

One of those adding P1 and P2 into the mix would be fun.

"You get your Persona from a talking tree."
"A serial killer wearing a paper bag throws you a pair of guns."

Trigger

lol

"Atlus's apology for Fuuka"

I have to say that I really like P3's final month. So many games make fighting the final god-like boss seem like just any other obstacle for the heroes to curbstomp. P3 really gave the feel that they were coping with their own possible demise.

And the music just slays me everytime.

Astra

lol

I have to say that I really like P3's final month. So many games make fighting the final god-like boss seem like just any other obstacle for the heroes to curbstomp. P3 really gave the feel that they were coping with their own possible demise.

Yep.
I feel slightly ill during that final month. It has such an oppressive atmosphere, and everything is just so depressing. Yet you still go on with your daily routine, and live life. I'd be petrified of my impending demise!

But yeah, I freaking love it.

Rhapsody

Banned

lol Wow, that was great.
lol

Yeah, the final month was awesome. The music and mood was great.

I was disappointed at P4's town "music" towards the end.

cjkeats

I loved Omen when you got to that part of the game. Set the tone wonderfully. Made the game creepy, especially if you were playing with headphones.

Gamerloid

I thought Omen was perfect. No music playing, just you walking in a very thick fog covering the town you've been in the whole game. Everyone is scared and knows its dangerous. It set the tone that the end was near.

Squire

Banned
I love that song. ;A;

We all do.

Hey, PGaf....yallz is golden. Stay baller.

f7n.gif

You're a top poster, man.

The more I watch or play this game the more I just want to get to play Climax, no nerf will stop my appetite :p

One of my most anticipated games for next year, honestly. I'm so glad they're doing more with it and even happier with just how far they're taking it and how smart they've been in doing so.

I feel you. 100%.

A shame I started playing right before an update appeared out of nowhere. lol

Well it's not like anyone even expected an update, with Chronophantasma and Xrd on deck who would have anticipated an update? I would have gone on thinking Arc had a full plate if anything.

In unrelated news, The World's End is now my favorite movie of the year.

Mine too, brother. Saw it and Kick-Ass 2 tonight with a couple of friends, and it blew me away with how amazing it was. It still doesn't dethrone Hot Fuzz as my favourite movie of all time, but it sure was great.

FluxWaveZ

Hey man, in some cases I have the patience to wait a year, unlike some people ITT I won't ask about it every tuesday :p

I definitely have the patience, as long as I know it's coming. Just like the original game, my time will be filled with watching people play it in arcades, reading about it and taking notes before I can get the game for myself.

Rhapsody

Banned
I definitely have the patience, as long as I know it's coming. Just like the original game, my time will be filled with watching people play it in arcades, reading about it and taking notes before I can get the game for myself.

Same. I labbed so hard when the game came out. Pretty much tried to find the best way to counter as many moves as I could and figure out setups and fuzzys. I dunno if I'll have the same amount of energy for P4C, but I'll definitely get into it.

Felt kinda bad how I stopped attending tourneys because of priorities. So I hope to be able to stick with it when this comes out.

Silky

Banned
Well it's not like anyone even expected an update, with Chronophantasma and Xrd on deck who would have anticipated an update? I would have gone on thinking Arc had a full plate if anything.

ARC must be fucking huge to have that many projects at once. Like four or so games at this point.

Sophia

One of these days I'd like to collect all the information regarding the plot of Persona 1, Persona 2, and Persona 3; and put it all in a single place. There's so much detail regarding their plots and world but it's all spread out among many different side materials and source books. Worse, I do not have access to said books, nor the means of translating them accurately either.

cj_iwakura

One of these days I'd like to collect all the information regarding the plot of Persona 1, Persona 2, and Persona 3; and put it all in a single place. There's so much detail regarding their plots and world but it's all spread out among many different side materials and source books. Worse, I do not have access to said books, nor the means of translating them accurately either.

I've played both P2s enough to know them pretty well, and I've played P1 twice, if that helps.

Sophia

I've played both P2s enough to know them pretty well, and I've played P1 twice, if that helps.

Yeah. Stuff like that would be pretty useful. I know Persona 3 like the back of my hand, and probably know more about it than anyone else here, but my knowledge on Persona 2 is not as good. Right now there's a few fansites for Persona 2, and a bunch of poor ones for P3/P4, but nothing that has all the info compiled in an encyclopedia/study guide manner. Something like what the Xenogears/Xenosaga fans did for their franchise.

And like I said, it's all spread out among several books (The Persona Fan Club books, the Persona World Guidance, the Persona 2 Tsumi Master's Guide, the Persona 3 Fan Book, etc,etc...) AND quite a few Drama CDs, none of which have been translated fully.

I'll make it a long term project. Once I have the info all written out, it'd be easier to turn it into a website.

cjkeats

Uchikoshi said it was because the publishers made him aim a little lower for VLR, but it seems to have led to a slight backlash so hopefully they'll lay off on the third iteration

I believe he has already said he's gonna pump it back up for 3. Can't wait.

Yeah. Stuff like that would be pretty useful. I know Persona 3 like the back of my hand, and probably know more about it than anyone else here, but my knowledge on Persona 2 is not as good. Right now there's a few fansites for Persona 2, and a bunch of poor ones for P3/P4, but nothing that has all the info compiled in an encyclopedia/study guide manner. Something like what the Xenogears/Xenosaga fans did for their franchise.

And like I said, it's all spread out among several books (The Persona Fan Club books, the Persona World Guidance, the Persona 2 Tsumi Master's Guide, the Persona 3 Fan Book, etc,etc...) AND quite a few Drama CDs, none of which have been translated fully.

I'll make it a long term project. Once I have the info all written out, it'd be easier to turn it into a website.

You can start with this :

http://www.chthonian.net/persona/
http://j.web.umkc.edu/jpr4c7/

I have the World guidance book so I can take pics/scans of it if you need them.

cj_iwakura

I could write-up something like a character bible. May include trace amounts of Ayase/Toro shipping.
(Hey, if people can ship Yuki and the track girl, I can have that.)

The best P2 fan site(IS only) is probably The Allegory of Whatever.
http://www.chthonian.net/persona/tsumi/characters/

Silky

Banned

That sounds like a stellar idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom