• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Opo0vlF.jpg

Oh my.

PK Gaming

Cogito ergo sum

tumblr_mckg6iZ1UL1rjsuc5o1_500.jpg

So I beat I finally beat Persona 1. I've gotta say, Persona 1 was a lot more fun than I anticipated, seriously once you find you're groove it's easy to playthrouh. Despite the antiquated random enemy encounter system, I really dug the battle system, because it was fairly flexible with what you could use (spell cards were kinda lame, but you could honestly fuse anything). I was pleasantly surprised by the story too; it wasn't mindblowing, but it was simple and straightforward, and some of my favorite persona elements (character interactions, finding yourself, shadows, etc) are present in this game as well. I really enjoyed the main cast too, they're a great group of kids!

Oh yeah, I grinded from level 50 - 62 in order to summon MC's ultimate Persona. It was totally worth it in my opinion.

1. Because Amon-Ra looks awesome
2. I love getting the MCs final Persona
3. Amon-Ra comes in handy against the final boss. It literally has a single move that's effective against it, lol.

PS: The final boss is terrifying! Not in terms of difficulty, but just design. I'm convinced that it gave children nightmares. Good thing I had Amon-Ra!
PPS: The game lets you use your imagination to determine
the fate of MC. I had him travel around the world for 3 years :d

Cogito ergo sum

tumblr_mckg6iZ1UL1rjsuc5o1_500.jpg

So I beat I finally beat Persona 1. I've gotta say, Persona 1 was a lot more fun than I anticipated, seriously once you find you're groove it's easy to playthrouh. Despite the antiquated random enemy encounter system, I really dug the battle system, because it was fairly flexible with what you could use (spell cards were kinda lame, but you could honestly fuse anything). I was pleasantly surprised by the story too; it wasn't mindblowing, but it was simple and straightforward, and some of my favorite persona elements (character interactions, finding yourself, shadows, etc) are present in this game as well. I really enjoyed the main cast too, they're a great group of kids!

Oh yeah, I grinded from level 50 - 62 in order to summon MC's ultimate Persona. It was totally worth it in my opinion.

1. Because Amon-Ra looks awesome
2. I love getting the MCs final Persona
3. Amon-Ra comes in handy against the final boss. It literally has a single move that's effective against it, lol.

PS: The final boss is terrifying! Not in terms of difficulty, but just design. I'm convinced that it gave children nightmares. Good thing I had Amon-Ra!
PPS: The game lets you use your imagination to determine
the fate of MC. I had him travel around the world for 3 years :d

You have a whole extra story mode to do son. Get your Snow Queens ready.

Meia

Is SQQ an actual story route? Always got the impression it was just a pure hard mode grind-a-thon.

And Fuuka is probably my second favorite from the 3 cast, next to Junpei. Then again, Priestess arcana I'm always biased towards. :p

Sophia

Is SQQ an actual story route? Always got the impression it was just a pure hard mode grind-a-thon.

And Fuuka is probably my second favorite from the 3 cast, next to Junpei. Then again, Priestess arcana I'm always biased towards. :p

It's a completely different story route with new character, although it ties in loosely with the other route. Noticeably, it is a precursor to Persona 3's storyline. You even go to Tartarus at one point!
And the final boss is the same as Persona 3's final boss....

Gamerloid

Lol that's just too convenient.

So will there be any P5 news next Tuesday? Apple is hosting a conference for their new iPhone model. Plot Twist: They'll also announce they bought Atlus and reveal P5 for iOS.

Caladrius

Lol that's just too convenient.

So will there be any P5 news next Tuesday? Apple is hosting a conference for their new iPhone model. Plot Twist: They'll also announce they bought Atlus and reveal P5 for iOS.

*Cue me and the rest of the Android users throwing a riot*

We're waiting
hoping
for news on Monday ze 9th, when Sony is holding some conference whose name escapes me.

On the final day of P4 Golden and just over 90 hours.

:(

Been slowly chopping away at it since February and I am going to miss having this thing around for train trips.

Ill probably try P3P in a few months but Ill take a little Persona breather.

Cheska

On the final day of P4 Golden and just over 90 hours.

:(

Been slowly chopping away at it since February and I am going to miss having this thing around for train trips.

Ill probably try P3P in a few months but Ill take a little Persona breather.

Beating Persona 4 is bittersweet. You're happy of everything you've accomplished and the amazing game you've experienced but then you think about how it's all going to be over soon.

The upside is, outside of NG+ you can also play Persona 4 Arena and at least enjoy it more since you're familiar with 75% of the cast. Unfortunately, that also means you'll get spoiled on some Persona 3 facts..

Beating Persona 4 is bittersweet. You're happy of everything you've accomplished and the amazing game you've experienced but then you think about how it's all going to be over soon.

I still remember when I finally finished Persona 4. A brief state of euphoria and relief.
It's like this with all 60+ JRPGs

One day I will finish Golden and hopefully get to relive the same feelings.

Gamerloid

*Cue me and the rest of the Android users throwing a riot*

We're waiting
hoping
for news on Monday ze 9th, when Sony is holding some conference whose name escapes me.

Monday huh? That would be great since afterwards I'm done with this Physics homework. Just because it would be a good day for me means it's not going to happen lol.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How can one game's create-a-character be THAT good? It's mind-boggling. @_@

It's a combination of the tools and of the creator.

You should see some of the things that people create in Forza using just basic shapes. It's incredible.

City of Heroes had a fantastic character creator as well.

Gamerloid

If you didn't get the true ending, then you haven't beaten Persona 4.

There's nothing better than seeing that the final dungeon is the same place as the "dream" you had. That truly made the game the game for me. Plus "Corridors" is my favorite dungeon theme. So... empty yet so powerful.

cjkeats

PK what did you think of the story? After watching buddha stream it I was impressed. Maybe it was because people led me to believe it was awful, but I thought it was a very nice story. I was really excited to see some of the characters again in P2.

I want to try it again myself, maybe do the snow queen quest. I went and put it back on my Vita, so when I clear some of these other games I'm gonna give it a whirl again.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Finally listening to the PersonaGAF podcast. Pretty fun stuff. I don't know who's who though. Everyone sounds the same. :(

Levito is the one with the somewhat higher pitched voice.

Armada is the one that sounds like he should be in some surf movie.

Inorigo is the one who talks super fast.

I'm the one with the bad voice.

CJKeats is the one who sounds like a Newfie.
I say this with love <3

How can you confuse all these? :p

kewlmyc

Levito is the one with the somewhat higher pitched voice.

Armada is the one that sounds like he should be in some surf movie.

Inorigo is the one who talks super fast.

I'm the one with the bad voice.

CJKeats is the one who sounds like a Newfie.
I say this with love <3

How can you confuse all these? :p

Thanks, it's all so clear now. [/sarcasm] :p

EDIT: That actually helped, believe it or not. Thanks.

cj_iwakura

Satan dead. Second try in one day. Thanks based Gale.

Fun fact: guess who helped write DDS?

Satomi Tadashi, writer of P1 & P2.

Guess that should help spike Dantis' P2 interest.

Finally listening to the PersonaGAF podcast. Pretty fun stuff. I don't know who's who though. Everyone sounds the same. :(

You'll know when I'm talking in the two that I'm in because I'll be either:

A) Talking about Junpei; or

B) Talking fast in a dorky voice.

I guess my (ongoing, by the way!) work on the LP will help you recognize my voice better, though.

Sophia

Satan dead. Second try in one day. Thanks based Gale.

Fun fact: guess who helped write DDS?

Satomi Tadashi, writer of P1 & P2.

Guess that should help spike Dantis' P2 interest.

You can actually see his signature "no bullshit, get right into the action" style in play there. I wonder why I never associated it with him before, because it's pretty obvious o_O;

Just God Handed my way to victory in Innocent Sin. But it's not over yet. Next mission: Figure out how to download EP.

Kinda spoilery IS question:
Did Lisa not get a more powerful persona because I missed the pink mask? I got to the end of Mt. Iwato, realised I'd missed one and thought it might be important. Trekked all the way back through the cave, found it, then on my way back got into a fight and the game crashed >_>. Last save was at the end so I was like 'screw that'. Then you can't get back into it once you've cleared it...

cj_iwakura

Just God Handed my way to victory in Innocent Sin. But it's not over yet. Next mission: Figure out how to download EP.

Kinda spoilery IS question:
Did Lisa not get a more powerful persona because I missed the pink mask? I got to the end of Mt. Iwato, realised I'd missed one and thought it might be important. Trekked all the way back through the cave, found it, then on my way back got into a fight and the game crashed >_>. Last save was at the end so I was like 'screw that'. Then you can't get back into it once you've cleared it...

Correct, you missed her ultimate. Tatsuya will never love her now. :(

Kidding on the last part.

Maybe.

cj_iwakura

You can actually see his signature "no bullshit, get right into the action" style in play there. I wonder why I never associated it with him before, because it's pretty obvious o_O;

I pray they get him back for P5, somehow. Even if just as a collaborator. Imagine his insight into the Hashino team's work.

I like P3 and P4, but no denying they're wildly different in structure.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
You'll know when I'm talking in the two that I'm in because I'll be either:

A) Talking about Junpei; or

B) Talking fast in a dorky voice.

I guess my (ongoing, by the way!) work on the LP will help you recognize my voice better, though.

A deep dorky voice.

Or was that someone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom