• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

What exactly does P4 Arena spoil regarding P3?
I already know MC dies and have played most of it, is it worth moving on to Arena having only completed P4G?

They touch on a lot of stuff from The Answer, Elizabeth's and Aigis' story modes in particular spoil nearly all of that. The exact details of
Makoto's death
in particular. It's more complicated than you think.

Levito

Banned
There's a PersonaGAF podcast? Who's in it?

It's on itunes too if you search "S.Link FM"

Here they are my lovely's:

9675830871_8daa374c8d_b.jpg

9679089886_e3ccbb2435_b.jpg

9675849701_685c86dd82_b.jpg

9678956696_9e5167a194_b.jpg

9675793851_7e8b06c93d_b.jpg

Also I'm including this because I'm still grining about it, met Hideki Kamiya(director of games like Okami, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 1, etc), even signed my copy of Resident Evil 2:

If you want more. Here's an album of the best shots I took at the show, enjoy.

Dantis

Satan dead. Second try in one day. Thanks based Gale.

Fun fact: guess who helped write DDS?

Satomi Tadashi, writer of P1 & P2.

Guess that should help spike Dantis' P2 interest.

I'm sure you'll be sad to know that I already knew this. :p

I seem to think he maybe didn't write the sequel though?

Trigger

About 10 hours into P4G, my first Persona game. So uh... can you date Yukiko or Marie in this game? :p

Yes to both, but only through their social links, and you get one chance to choose if you want to date them.

Also I'm including this because I'm still grining about it, met Hideki Kamiya(director of games like Okami, Bayonetta, Devil May Cry 1, etc), even signed my copy of Resident Evil 2:

If you want more. Here's an album of the best shots I took at the show, enjoy.

Levito-senpai this is amazing.

I'm jelly on multiple levels. MULTIPLE LEVELS

Meia

About 10 hours into P4G, my first Persona game. So uh... can you date Yukiko or Marie in this game? :p

Can date any and every female in the game, but like was said, through their social links, usually by answering something a certain way(sometimes obvious, sometimes not). If you don't answer the right way, you just stay friends.

In Golden, you get punished via a scene very late if you date more than one(Marie being the odd one out here as your relationship with her has no bearing on this scene).

Picture WITH Kamiya? I'm so damn jelly right now it's maddening. That's amazing, and picked best thing to get signed too. :D

PK Gaming

PK what did you think of the story? After watching buddha stream it I was impressed. Maybe it was because people led me to believe it was awful, but I thought it was a very nice story. I was really excited to see some of the characters again in P2.

I want to try it again myself, maybe do the snow queen quest. I went and put it back on my Vita, so when I clear some of these other games I'm gonna give it a whirl again.

I enjoyed it! I really dug the concept of
a second world created by a girl filled with envy.
Really, the plot's focus heavy on Maki was great idea, it basically made her the main character. It also subverts the "kids beat bad guy and save the world" trope in a really cool way.

I'm retroactively happy to see the P1 characters in P2, but i'm miffed that Mark didn't an appearance. He's awesome.

1. Think so.
2. Yes.
3. You might want to save it for the other secret boss, if you want to do that fight this cycle, since it does require one Armageddon.

1) More or less accurate. For stuff that caries over: Persona Compendium, Protagonist's level, equipment, Social Link items, money, social stats, and access to Monad if you opened it. Any weapons get converted over if you switch protagonists, but armor and accessories don't.

Thanks. I ended up giving up on trying to maximize my first run since I never maxed Emperor because the Student Council guy was a dick, but apparently Odin with Thunder Reign is the most OP shit in the game.

I think once I watch all the FES animated cutscenes on YouTube and read a synopsis of The Answer I'll be satisfied with all the 'story' and just play the FeMC for the S.Links (apparently there are more night time S.Links for her, thank god).

Nose Master

Didn't know this thread was a thing! Been playing through P3: FES lately for the first time. About 65ish hours in, just
captured Shidori
. I feel like I'm playing it too slow, like a lot of the grinding is unnecessary.

To keep my girlfriend from stealing it (like FE: Awakening), I bought her the PSP version. I'm crazy jealous of her social links being way better than mine. :(

Also, random question: Is there a true ending in P3: FES, like in P4? I watched the Endurance Run of P4, but never actually played it. (I'll be getting a Vita and Golden after P3, probably.) If so, could anyone tell me some cryptic vague not-spoilers so I don't miss it? I don't wanna look at a guide, since I'm still pretty pure with avoiding spoilers thus far.

Trigger

Also, random question: Is there a true ending in P3: FES, like in P4? I watched the Endurance Run of P4, but never actually played it. (I'll be getting a Vita and Golden after P3, probably.) If so, could anyone tell me some cryptic vague not-spoilers so I don't miss it? I don't wanna look at a guide, since I'm still pretty pure with avoiding spoilers thus far.

There's only two endings, and one is just a bad ending. You'll know what to do.

Levito

Banned
Levito-senpai this is amazing.

I'm jelly on multiple levels. MULTIPLE LEVELS

Picture WITH Kamiya? I'm so damn jelly right now it's maddening. That's amazing, and picked best thing to get signed too. :D

It was awesome, here's what happened: Got to meet legendary game developer Hideki Kamiya. He directed games like Devil May Cry(first one), Okami, Bayonetta, and one of my personal favorites of all time: Resident Evil 2.

Story of the photo is I went to Nintendo's booth at PAX to play The Wonderful 101, his newest game. I knew he was going to be at the show because of a panel he was supposed to host on Sunday, but I didn't think he'd be on the show floor, just encase though, I brought my original copy of Resident Evil 2 with me to PAX. Well when I got to actually play The Wonderful 101 the Nintendo rep at the booth mentioned I'd just missed him, was so bummed out, and voiced my disappointment about missing him and not getting the game signed on twitter. Well another developer from Platinum(studio Kamiya now works at) saw my tweet and apparently told Kamiya about it, so we organised a time to meet up later. All worked out, had a great time meeting him, even got my game signed. Just one of many good times had this weekend.

Squire

Banned
That's so flicking awesome, Levito!

My favorite Kamiya game is (of course) Viewtiful Joe. Was it JP Kellams who saw your tweet?

cjkeats

Didn't know this thread was a thing! Been playing through P3: FES lately for the first time. About 65ish hours in, just
captured Shidori
. I feel like I'm playing it too slow, like a lot of the grinding is unnecessary.

To keep my girlfriend from stealing it (like FE: Awakening), I bought her the PSP version. I'm crazy jealous of her social links being way better than mine. :(

With a name like "Nose Master" you'd let us all down if you didn't use Igor for an avatar. lol

Levito

Banned
That's so flicking awesome, Levito!

My favorite Kamiya game is (of course) Viewtiful Joe. Was it JP Kellams who saw your tweet?

Yup it was JP, probably wouldn't have go to meet Kamiya if it wasn't for JP. Dude is way awesome.

JP was translating for me. I told Kamiya that I've played Resident Evil 2 literally 200+ times and know everything about it. Once he hurt that he like belly laughed and said "There's not even enough stuff to do in the game to justify that many playthroughs!"

Trigger

Yup it was JP, probably wouldn't have go to meet Kamiya if it wasn't for JP. Dude is way awesome.

JP was translating for me. I told Kamiya that I've played Resident Evil 2 literally 200+ times and know everything about it. Once he hurt that he like belly laughed and said "There's not even enough stuff to do in the game to justify that many playthroughs!"

lol, he's got a point there.

Nose Master

With a name like "Nose Master" you'd let us all down if you didn't use Igor for an avatar. lol

I seriously want to cosplay him, actually :p. I saw a guy cosplaying whats-his-face from RHPS and thought it was a bad Igor for a minute there, and I figured I should just do it.

PS: It'd be nice if you guys noted what persona games you were gonna spoil (
timestamps would also be great
) in S-Link. Got a pretty major spoiler about the ending of P3 when the Arena 2 character speculation started :(. I know I'm like 9 years LTTP on it, but it still sucks.

kewlmyc

It was awesome, here's what happened: Got to meet legendary game developer Hideki Kamiya. He directed games like Devil May Cry(first one), Okami, Bayonetta, and one of my personal favorites of all time: Resident Evil 2.

Story of the photo is I went to Nintendo's booth at PAX to play The Wonderful 101, his newest game. I knew he was going to be at the show because of a panel he was supposed to host on Sunday, but I didn't think he'd be on the show floor, just encase though, I brought my original copy of Resident Evil 2 with me to PAX. Well when I got to actually play The Wonderful 101 the Nintendo rep at the booth mentioned I'd just missed him, was so bummed out, and voiced my disappointment about missing him and not getting the game signed on twitter. Well another developer from Platinum(studio Kamiya now works at) saw my tweet and apparently told Kamiya about it, so we organised a time to meet up later. All worked out, had a great time meeting him, even got my game signed. Just one of many good times had this weekend.
Words can't express how jelly I am. Kamiya is like a god among men. A man crush if you will.

Yes, some people need to remember this is not a spoiler free thread. All spoilers must be marked and by which game they're from.

I think he's talking about spoilers in S. Link FM, but yeah, it would be nice to minimize the amount of spoiling that goes on in here.

Sophia

He's talking about the podcast.

I think he's talking about spoilers in S. Link FM, but yeah, it would be nice to minimize the amount of spoiling that goes on in here.

Oh. Yeah. I realized that now. Edited. Mah bad >.<;

Spoilers for the podcast are fair game if you ask me. Especially the Persona 4 Arena Climax one. Although Levito could possibly mark which podcasts have which spoilers for each games on the website.

Squire

Banned
Oh. Yeah. I realized that now. Edited.

Spoilers for the podcast are fair game if you ask me. Especially the Persona 4 Arena Climax one.

It probably an issue to put a note in the episode description, but yeah, the show assumes you've played through the games in full.

Nose Master

It probably an issue to put a note in the episode description, but yeah, the show assumes you've played through the games in full.

It'd be a lot of work, and 3/4 are pretty far past the statue of limitations at this point, anyways. I was just gonna listen while grinding in FES, but, I suppose I'll wait until I'm done with it.

Even as a fan of fighting games and Persona, the Arena 2 talk was a snooze, anyways. "This isn't a fighting game podcast, don't worry." Proceeds to talk about tier lists and minor, temporary changes to the cast for the next hour. The shadow characters are one thing, but three (two?) questions in a row about tier lists for a beta? Come on.

Squire

Banned
It'd be a lot of work, and 3/4 are pretty far past the statue of limitations at this point, anyways. I was just gonna listen while grinding in FES, but, I suppose I'll wait until I'm done with it.

Even as a fan of fighting games and Persona, the Arena 2 talk was a snooze, anyways. "This isn't a fighting game podcast, don't worry." Proceeds to talk about tier lists and minor, temporary changes to the cast for the next hour. The shadow characters are one thing, but three (two?) questions in a row about tier lists for a beta? Come on.

Oh yeah, man. Those nerds put me to sleep.

Sophia

To be fair, that tier list discussion was actually somewhat good. Shadow types make for good speculation, and Yukari's pretty easy to guess as far as tiers go. It's Junpei who is the real wild card (ha!) among the new stuff.

FluxWaveZ

To be fair, that tier list discussion was actually somewhat good. Shadow types make for good speculation, and Yukari's pretty easy to guess as far as tiers go. It's Junpei who is the real wild card (ha!) among the new stuff.

I heavily disagree. I'm sure a lot of people well versed in this stuff would as well.

FluxWaveZ

Yes, I'm sure you would, as that usually seems to be the case whenever you comment ever. :p

I usually reply here when it's something I object to, heh. But yeah, being able to determine Yukari's place in a hypothetical P4C tier list this early would be straight up wrong.

Nose Master

Eh. I'm not huge into anime fighters (I'm shit at them), so that's probably why I'm less interested in it. I own Arena and will buy Climax, but I don't really care about minute input changes to Brosuke's teleport.

Speaking of, what can I do to get better at Arena? Spamming auto-combos is fine and all, but it's boring and feels scrubby. At the same time, my execution isn't solid enough to reliably do a lot of the awkward super motions. I know the answer is going to be "sit in training mode for the next month", but I'm looking for something a bit more detailed than that.

Sophia

I usually reply here when it's something I object to, heh. But yeah, being able to determine Yukari's place in a hypothetical P4C tier list this early would be straight up wrong.

She's a fair easier character to guess on than Junpei or some of the shadow type characters. Mind you, it didn't help that information on Junpei was painfully slow coming out of the location test.

That whole location test seemed like it kinda sucked, actually.... considering it came out of nowhere.

Eh. I'm not huge into anime fighters (I'm shit at them), so that's probably why I'm less interested in it. I own Arena and will buy Climax, but I don't really care about minute input changes to Brosuke's teleport.

Speaking of, what can I do to get better at Arena? Spamming auto-combos is fine and all, but it's boring and feels scrubby. At the same time, my execution isn't solid enough to reliably do a lot of the awkward super motions. I know the answer is going to be "sit in training mode for the next month", but I'm looking for something a bit more detailed than that.

Number one thing you can do is look up and learn your character's bread and butter combos. Start with the simpler ones (many of which are in the challenge mode between 10-15), look up videos, and try them out in arcade or training mode against a moving opponent. Then try against a real player locally or online. Once you have the BnBs even remotely down, you have a lot more options to mix things up, and the basic flow of gameplay becomes more natural.

FluxWaveZ

She's a fair easier character to guess on than Junpei or some of the shadow type characters. Mind you, it didn't help that information on Junpei was painfully slow coming out of the location test.

Even compared to Junpei or where Shadow Type characters have their place in the tier list, Yukari is not easier to guess. Not only did we barely see what she was capable of during the few videos we saw of her during the location test, but there basically is no tier list for P4C so determining anything of the sort is really silly.

Gauging their potential is much more complicated than knowing their general playstyle and moveset.

Daimaou

Even compared to Junpei or where Shadow Type characters have their place in the tier list, Yukari is not easier to guess. Not only did we barely see what she was capable of during the few videos we saw of her during the location test, but there basically is no tier list for P4C so determining anything of the sort is really silly.

Gauging their potential is much more complicated than knowing their general playstyle and moveset.

Especially when you consider that tier lists are based on the power of a character relative to the rest of the cast. With the number of changes they've made, as well as any changes that are still to come, it's very hard to know where the chips will fall in regards to a tier list.

Levito

Banned
Hey we're going to do another casual off-topic episode of the podcast tomorrow at 8pm PST. Subject is PAX, it'll be just like the E3 where we talk about w/e. If you want in on it let me know.

SLink FM

Slink FM is so good. I listened to every episode so far.

Awe thank you! You should come on sometime!

Sophia

His reason better be something serious like "I'm busy with work" or "I'm having real life issues" or "Ninja Assassins are after me so I can't stay in one place", and not something silly. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom