• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Heads up - next numbered Persona will be revealed via Famitsu in the upcoming week ~~

5c1.jpg

Samyy

I'd love for Persona to be announced at the Sony event :x
I just hope its not on 3DS, SMT 4 was great but it was such a downgrade graphics wise, P4G looks so goddamn good on dat screen.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I just hope its not on 3DS, SMT 4 was great but it was such a downgrade graphics wise, P4G looks so goddamn good on dat screen.

Don't worry, it won't be.

Something being announced Tuesday would be a nice birthday present, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

EMT0

Banned
Guys, just wait, Persona 5 is going to be a PC-exclusive dating sim with Oculus Rift implementation. Just like that one commercial from Oculus told me! Waifu hunting Just. Got. Real.

I'm sorry

It's not the fact you want them gone that shocks me, but rather that you know that's not happening and said it anyway.

That's kind of why I said it and I don't want them actually gone, just reworked and less static and more open and realisticish :p

I know I have said before I would prefer them on a meter scale and not rank 1-10 and there are various things you can do to raise and lower the meter.

Squire

Banned
That's kind of why I said it and I don't want them actually gone, just reworked and less static and more open and realisticish :p

I know I have said before I would prefer them on a meter scale and not rank 1-10 and there are various things you can do to raise and lower the meter.

I believe we have had this discussion and agree completely.

I believe we have had this discussion and agree completely.

Then you might remember my other radical decision, was to remove day phases from the calendar system, and instead, have actions take up hours of the day, like going on an slink, depending on what it is, takes up 2-8 hours, going to the battle area, takes from 5-10 hours and so on.

kewlmyc

Then you might remember my other radical decision, was to remove day phases from the calendar system, and instead, have actions take up hours of the day, like going on an slink, depending on what it is, takes up 2-8 hours, going to the battle area, takes from 5-10 hours and so on.

I actually like this idea.

Squire

Banned

I think I vaguely remember that. That's a great idea.

Jintor

i do but i should really be thinking about other things instead of game design right now

it doesn't feel 'persona' and seems to move more towards a systemic model rather than one heavily based around episodic chunks of story/narrative/character content but then again p2 --> p3 is a pretty big leap so what do i know

Squire

Banned
i do but i should really be thinking about other things instead of game design right now

it doesn't feel 'persona' and seems to move more towards a systemic model rather than one heavily based around episodic chunks of story/narrative/character content but then again p2 --> p3 is a pretty big leap so what do i know

Haha, figured it was this.

I could see why you'd say that though. P3/4 are really well structured and segmented, even if the pacing doesn't always live up. While I like buddha's idea at a glance, I realized after I posted that all those variations would lead to a nightmare of game design, the likes of which I simply (and pardon my language) would not want to fuck with.

Dantis

The Cave is a snooze fest.

Remo am cry.

I'm guessing the assets are brand new.

I bet P5 is really pretty though. Like, better looking than Catherine.

Technically, I imagine it's probably similar to Catherine, but I think the art direction will be amazing.

I've always found it amusing how in P4G, the new outfits are more stylish than the ones from the original game. It's like in winter everyone's fashion sense improves before returning to normal again in Spring, haha.

And yeah, I'm assuming all the assets will be new too.

Squire

Banned
Technically, I imagine it's probably similar to Catherine, but I think the art direction will be amazing.

I've always found it amusing how in P4G, the new outfits are more stylish than the ones from the original game. It's like in winter everyone's fashion sense improves before returning to normal again in Spring, haha.

And yeah, I'm assuming all the assets will be new too.

That's where I think the underestimation is being made. It's been more than two years at this point. They know what they're doing now and if it's only on PS3, there's no reason not to take advantage of the hardware as much as their budget/schedule allows.

I'm expecting a marked improvement over Catherine, myself.

Everything after the bolded: AGREED

Daimaou

I could see why you'd say that though. P3/4 are really well structured and segmented, even if the pacing doesn't always live up. While I like buddha's idea at a glance, I realized after I posted that all those variations would lead to a nightmare of game design, the likes of which I simply (and pardon my language) would not want to fuck with.

I agree that S. Links could be worked into the main story a bit better where it makes sense. (Mild P4 Spoiler:
Playing idiotball with Dojima, anyone?
) But, honestly, adding that many permutations would just end up shortening the game dramatically without an immense increase in manpower and funds. Even with the success of P3/P4 and their associated media, considering the current bankruptcy situation I doubt they have that much to throw around.

Dantis

That's where I think the underestimation is being made. It's been more than two years at this point. They know what they're doing now and if it's only on PS3, there's no reason not to take advantage of the hardware as much as their budget/schedule allows.

I'm expecting a marked improvement over Catherine, myself.

Everything after the bolded: AGREED

I think it will look marginally better, like P4 did over P3.

Gamerloid

Is the Vita screen really that good? It's all I ever hear about the thing.

Simzyy

It won't be announced at the Sony event I imagine. Still no news on the Index bid so until we have info on that I'm expecting zero Persona 5 news :(

I'll just keep replaying Golden until then. Got that damn Hardcore Risette trophy so well on my way to platinuming the game! Only easy trophies left now.

Gamerloid

Yeah, it's that good. It's actually difficult going back to the 3DS now for me because it's screens are so inferior.

Now I want to take a look at it, or better yet just own one. Hopefully Somy will announce a 64 GB memory card cause that's the only thing holding me back. I don't like the idea of deleting games to make room for more on the 32 GB.

Trigger

My 16GB card is all I need for my Vita. I don't see the need to hoard tons of games if I'm only playing a few at any given time.

Gamerloid

My 16GB card is all I need for my Vita. I don't see the need to hoard tons of games if I'm only playing a few at any given time.

I have a bad habit of playing so many games at a time. I guess you're right though, I can't expect to have it all at one time. Though 32 GB is a must for me. Family vacations normally always takes me to a no Wi-Fi zone so I have to pack lots of games.

Meia

What I want from the social link system of 5: Change.

From 3, we know the Tarot card system represents a journey leading to enlightenment. Well, I'd like for the social link system from 5 to represent that too. Have people tied to an element so you don't mess up the idea, or even have the same personas as well, but have their link change. Keep it a 10 point(or whatever) system for links, but have multiple "ranks" represented with the tarot journey.

With the system, not all of the "rank ups" need to be moments where they come to a realization about themselves, you can save that for the points where it changes. Just hanging out could cause a rank up. The more you hang out with someone, the more willing they are to drop things to hang out with you, and the more willing they are to open up to you about their issues. In other words, making the system more "real" is what they should really strive to do. So say someone's only willing to hang out once every week or something at first. The closer you get to them, the more "free" they can be. Take the best of 3's system and fix the one bad thing about 4.

While I love the idea of a "Max-link run", they really need to make it utterly impossible to accomplish in the future. Have it as more of a reason to do a game + if you want, but I'd really like it for it to be possible to realistically only max 4 or 5 of the 20 Tarot, provided it keeps that system in place.

P4 Golden Spoiler:
And yes, the moment when Adachi's link actually changes is what led me to think of this idea in the first place. I can't imagine they just had that one moment for a new thing in a re-release, I can easily see it as a "feature" of 5.

Trigger

I've always thought it'd be cool if characters could represent more than one arcana based on how their story develops (with some player input of course).

I have a bad habit of playing so many games at a time. I guess you're right though, I can't expect to have it all at one time. Though 32 GB is a must for me. Family vacations normally always takes me to a no Wi-Fi zone so I have to pack lots of games.

Ah, then that's understandable.

And me, well...I have the entire Persona series from 1 to 4G installed on my Vita at all times and that takes up a sizable chunk of space!

Dantis

So, I hadn't realised that Sony had a press conference this week.

I actually now think a P5 reveal is potentially something that could happen. I'd say this week would make more sense than any week since maybe E3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom