• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhhh.

Yeah, I feel you, man. I made that mistake last gen when I went PS3 first.

There was more to it than that of course, but that was a pretty big thing for me to ignore.

Yep, I wish some of my friends had more sense that ps3sux so ps4sux, yall ain't 12 no more guys. MOST of them DO know more but are also getting Xbone, and PS4 later.

Rhapsody

Banned
I'll be going PS4 first. Last gen I went 360 first only because of price and some games like Vesperia. Then Vesperia got ported lol.
At least there's stuff like Lost Odyssey and such (which I still need to go back to).

Unless there's some good exclusives to draw me in, I probably won't get an Xbox One.
I tend to play stuff that's single player or locally, so friends getting certain consoles don't impact me that much.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'll be going PS4 first. Last gen I went 360 first only because of price and some games like Vesperia. Then Vesperia got ported lol.
At least there's stuff like Lost Odyssey and such (which I still need to go back to).

Unless there's some good exclusives to draw me in, I probably won't get an Xbox One.
I tend to play stuff that's single player or locally, so friends getting certain consoles don't impact me that much.

Vesperia was ported but never released outside of Japan.

I want both of them god dammit.

Rhapsody

Banned
Man, I hope my pay comes in soon so I can throw some dosh at Mighty No Nine
I still haven't donated yet. I thought it was like indiegogo where you can use paypal at first, but I guess I'll use my credit card.
Vesperia was ported but never released outside of Japan.
Yeah. I still imported it though like I do for other Tales games.

Although I'm not perfect at the language, so I definitely won't be importing stuff like Persona, haha.

cjkeats

I tried to buy Vesperia the other day when it went on sale for $15 on games on demand with the $13 I've had sitting in my account since before the summer, but Microsoft got their payment system boned and wouldn't let me use that towards it or put less that $20 on there to bump it up past $15.

*sigh*

FluxWaveZ

It'd take more than P4 since that had a had a story. P4A doesn't have a consistent story. Just a bunch of character interpretation of the events.

It has a manga that follows a linear story.

It could always have one. It took 7 years for an anime of Persona 3 to become a thing.

Sophia

They should do Persona 4 Arena as an OVA, basically. Follow Aigis's story route. Four episodes. First two episodes are the same events, but Episode 1 is from the point of the P4 cast, and Episode 2 is from the Shadow Op's POV. Aigis vs Narukami in the second episode. Labrys's backstory in Episode 3. Finale for Episode 4.

Caladrius

They should do Persona 4 Arena as an OVA, basically. Follow Aigis's story route. Four episodes. First two episodes are the same events, but Episode 1 is from the point of the P4 cast, and Episode 2 is from the Shadow Op's POV. Aigis vs Narukami in the second episode. Labrys's backstory in Episode 3. Finale for Episode 4.

image.php

An OVA wouldn't be a bad Idea, but I'd say make it go. Mitsuru's & Naoto's prologue+Shadow Ops story>Yu's Return+Investigation Team story>>Labrys's story> Endgame. Of course I'm a sucker for chronological order so tomayto tomahto.

Sophia

An OVA wouldn't be a bad Idea, but I'd say make it go. Mitsuru's & Naoto's prologue+Shadow Ops story>Yu's Return+Investigation Team story>>Labrys's story> Endgame. Of course I'm a sucker for chronological order so tomayto tomahto.

Ha! Would you rather have Aigis's route or Yu's route? Cuz those are the two most likely ones. :p

Of course, they would incorporate every element that doesn't conflict. So all the Shadow Operatives stuff before they enter the midnight channel would be in Episode 2 and things.

I wonder how they would animate the gang attacking each other with deadly weapons and no one getting seriously injured?

Flynning. With Personas.

Sophia

The game is called Persona 4:Arena, after all. Though I will concede that there's potential for sisterly Robo-WAFF if they used Aigis.

I wish Yu's route wasn't so unbelievably boring. He even has everything figured out before hitting the announcement room! :\

FluxWaveZ

I wish Yu's route wasn't so unbelievably boring. He even has everything figured out before hitting the announcement room! :\

I like that so much more than those who are clueless like Yosuke or Yukiko and who have no idea what's going on when it's so obvious. It fit his character and I enjoyed his route for that (and also being able to see his inner thoughts).

Sophia

I like that so much more than those who are clueless like Yosuke or Yukiko and who have no idea what's going on when it's so obvious. It fit his character and I enjoyed his route for that (and also being able to see his inner thoughts).

Agree with you on Yukiko's route at least. Yosuke actually had some decent character development tho. :p

todd360

I got so bored with it once I realized that almost all the characters had the same story. Had to force myself to finish all the characters.

One hour off (4 hours and 17 minutes now).

I'm totally wrong, sorry. 3 hours and 15 minutes is right. If I was smart, I would have taken a rest earlier before staying up for it.

???? You sure? SCEJA Press Conference 2013 live stream links thread Says 7am BST, either way will be watching conference half asleep XD
Okay good lol, hmmm whelp I still need to do something to stay awake till then XD

Double edit: (Persona fans without moderations)

PK Gaming

Yup.

Finally getting to see Yu's inner thoughts and opinions on the world around him was awesome(his interactions with Yosuke were particularly great). It was refreshing to see that he has a ridiculous amount of faith in his friends.

EDIT: Like, he's the guy who ultimately solved the original midnight channel case, i'm glad they made him have the smarts to back it up.

pirata

No way Persona's getting announced. Aeana said it would be before TGS, but I think plans have changed, and they want to drive all of us truly insane by not revealing it until next year.

Marche90

It is 1 am right now here where I am. Hopefully, the reveal shows some good stuff, since I'm sacrificing sleeping hours for this =s

Also, waiting for Persona 5 reveal
NOT

Astra

There can't be a P5 announcement now since it's not Tuesday.

I have no regrets buying a Vita when I did. So far I am uninterested in the redesign. Will see later with more information and impressions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom