• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

Kill me now.

I have been horribly ripped off. The PS3 I bought? Broke down on saturday (YLOD, it seems). The guy who sold it to me? Doesn't answer my calls.
I should have knew better to check it properly before agreeing to anything (like, you know, HOW IT WAS MISSING THE WARRANTY TAG), but stupid little me couldn't be arsed to do that. Ugh.... $100 down the drain. I feel like crying

Now to see if I can recover at least part of that money. Dunno what will I do. Will try to sell my 3DS to recover costs and see if the damn thing can be fixed at least (at least I managed to finish SMTIV, amazing experience all around), if not, at least I will try to recover half that, if possible.

In other, less depressing, news, the Vita TV is exactly what I needed. Since it will be very cheap, looks like I will try to get that instead of a normal Vita.

It's stories like these that make me really hate people sometimes. Maybe ol' Nyarly had the right idea. :\

Another option is to see if you can do anything to get it working on a temporary basis(towel trick, something), and see if you can trade it in to Gamestop for monies to at least get something for it. Not sure if they'd notice the warranty thing or not though.

FluxWaveZ

It's stories like these that make me really hate people sometimes. Maybe ol' Nyarly had the right idea. :\

Another option is to see if you can do anything to get it working on a temporary basis(towel trick, something), and see if you can trade it in to Gamestop for monies to at least get something for it. Not sure if they'd notice the warranty thing or not though.

You realize how ironic this is, right?

Kazzy

Disagree.

It is compromised, but it's also worth it. The new S Links are amazing. P3P's are the best in the series.

I'm not disregarding it or anything, and I do think it's a totally worthwhile experience - just offering a rebuttal to the opinion that it's superior to the original. It certainly adds an interesting caveat (or two) to what we already know, though I think it changes the dynamic somewhat, as it strives to make itself unique.

P3P is nothing, if not driven by the inclusion of FemMc. Most of the dialogue options convey her as a markedly different character. Misato was aloof, and obsteinsibly detached for the most part, which fits the dynamic of SEES existing as a disunified group. The inverse of this, is that her interactions (along with the implications of the S-links), paint her as affable and outgoing. I think that this does have a pretty significant bearing on how one can view the game thematically, with much of the narrative feeding off a very deliberate atmosphere. This extends down to the character designs of the protagonists themselves - the headphones being a clear signifier as to their underlying personalities. Isolation being an ever present motif, it's almost as if they define the male protagonist. Obstensibly, a visual metaphor. Offset that with FemMc, where their inclusion seems almost superfluous, an excercise in continuity.

...And I've goe off on a tangent! I'd finish the thought, where I not so tired.

I did this too. To date, I have not played the dude and I have no regrets about it.

First, Yosuke, and now this!? You've made a (not so powerful) enemy!

Levito

Banned
Wow, VitaTV let's you play vita games on your TV.

Literally exactly what I wanted for months now, hilarious considering the grips I just bought for my Vita made it plenty comfortable to play.

P4G on a television, THANK THE LAWD.

Squire

Banned
Wow, VitaTV let's you play vita games on your TV.

Literally exactly what I wanted for months now, hilarious considering the grips I just bought for my Vita made it plenty comfortable to play.

P4G on a television, THANK THE LAWD.

Yep. Even better (and cheaper) then adding V/O to a new model. Getting Vita TV day one.

Meia

You realize how ironic this is, right?

Yes. :p

Gamestop has a return policy though that won't put someone out if they bought it. It's not likely they'd take it if the warranty sticker is removed anyway. I just don't trust enough to buy used from a non-store, ya know?

They didn't announce an overseas date or anything for the Vita TV thing I take it? Cause yeah I also just realized that I can play VLR on a big screen. :D

Dantis

I'm not disregarding it or anything, and I do think it's a totally worthwhile experience - just offering a rebuttal to the opinion that it's superior to the original. It certainly adds an interesting caveat (or two) to what we already know, though I think it changes the dynamic somewhat, as it strives to make itself unique.

P3P is nothing, if not driven by the inclusion of FemMc. Most of the dialogue options convey her as a markedly different character. Misato was aloof, and obsteinsibly detached for the most part, which fits the dynamic of SEES existing as a disunified group. The inverse of this, is that her interactions (along with the implications of the S-links), paint her as affable and outgoing. I think that this does have a pretty significant bearing on how one can view the game thematically, with much of the narrative feeding off a very deliberate atmosphere. Even down to the character designs themselves - the headphones being a clear signifier as to their underlying personalities. Isolation being an ever present motif, it's almost as if they define the male protagonist. Obstensibly, a visual metaphor. Offset that with FemMc, where their inclusion seems almost superfluous, an excercise in continuity.

...And I've goe off on a tangent! I'd finish the thought, where I not so tired.

Good stuff. The part about the headphones is a great observation. Can't say that I'd ever thought about it, but you're completely right.

Yep. Even better (and cheaper) then adding V/O to a new model. Getting Vita TV day one.

Me too. Really excited for it, actually.

Interested to see the price too.

FluxWaveZ

I just don't trust enough to buy used from a non-store, ya know?

They didn't announce an overseas date or anything for the Vita TV thing I take it? Cause yeah I also just realized that I can play VLR on a big screen. :D

Yeah, buying a console used from someone else and not a store is asking for trouble.

And they didn't announce it outside of Japan, but I think the fact that they specifically brought out Andrew House to announce it at the conference says a lot.

Rhapsody

Banned
My first PS3 was used and wasn't from a store, since I wanted to get a 60 GB. What a horrible mistake, the thing gave me headaches.
Basically it had the weirdest problem on BD games. The PS3 would freeze once per day within the first 10 mins of playing, but it would never freeze afterwards until the next day to repeat itself. Eventually the thing stopped playing BDs and I had to get it repaired. Unfortunately the initial freezing came back eventually, so I bought a slim and never looked back.

The only other used console I've ever gotten was a Wii at a store. Luckily Nintendo products are generally reliable, but I can't see myself buying any more used consoles due to my PS3.

As for the Vita TV, it'd be nice if they'd let us switch accounts easily. That's my only issue with the Vita since I have games on two regions.
Either way, the price point is really nice and is pretty tempting to get.

Marche90

My first PS3 was used and wasn't from a store, since I wanted to get a 60 GB. What a horrible mistake, the thing gave me headaches.
Basically it had the weirdest problem on BD games. The PS3 would freeze once per day within the first 10 mins of playing, but it would never freeze afterwards until the next day to repeat itself. Eventually the thing stopped playing BDs and I had to get it repaired. Unfortunately the initial freezing came back eventually, so I bought a slim and never looked back.

The only other used console I've ever gotten was a Wii at a store. Luckily Nintendo products are generally reliable, but I can't see myself buying any more used consoles due to my PS3.

As for the Vita TV, it'd be nice if they'd let us switch accounts easily. That's my only issue with the Vita since I have games on two regions.
Either way, the price point is really nice and is pretty tempting to get.

Trust me, I will never buy used again. I was asking for it, tbh. Hopefully at least I will be able to fix it(depending on the price, obviously). Aside from this, it was working pretty well before dying, BD, HDD, etc, etc....

Levito

Banned

Is there a north American release for it yet?

Seriously considering getting Vita TV over a PS4 right now. wondering how games that use front/rear touch would work though...

Tamanon

Banned

Seriously considering getting Vita TV over a PS4 right now. wondering how games that use front/rear touch would work though...

I think you might see rear touch at least go away, or developers put in an alternative. Front touch can be....kinda approximated on a DS4.

And no NA release yet, but it's coming.

Sophia

The ones that do use (I.E. Killzone) it aren't supported according to Sony's list.

Kill me now.

I have been horribly ripped off. The PS3 I bought? Broke down on saturday (YLOD, it seems). The guy who sold it to me? Doesn't answer my calls.
I should have knew better to check it properly before agreeing to anything (like, you know, HOW IT WAS MISSING THE WARRANTY TAG), but stupid little me couldn't be arsed to do that. Ugh.... $100 down the drain. I feel like crying

Now to see if I can recover at least part of that money. Dunno what will I do. Will try to sell my 3DS to recover costs and see if the damn thing can be fixed at least (at least I managed to finish SMTIV, amazing experience all around), if not, at least I will try to recover half that, if possible.

In other, less depressing, news, the Vita TV is exactly what I needed. Since it will be very cheap, looks like I will try to get that instead of a normal Vita.

That seriously sucks man :(

Whew, just got back from a long day of work and Vita TV is exactly what I wanted to see. I can finally record a playthrough of P4G now!

Suda51's new game looks amazing too. I'm crossing my fingers for a cel-shaded P5, 'cause cel-shading is the best graphical style ever.

Whew, just got back from a long day of work and Vita TV is exactly what I wanted to see. I can finally record a playthrough of P4G now!

Suda51's new game looks amazing too. I'm crossing my fingers for a cel-shaded P5, 'cause cel-shading is the best graphical style ever.

Why would you need to cross your fingers for it? It'll definitely be cel-shaded :lol

Tamanon

Banned

So it'll look like a better Digital Devil Saga? I'm down.

Sophia

Doesn't even P4G use it to an extent though?

SOS Feature (optional) the TV overlay (optional) and the TV listing menu (can be navigated by controller)

I imagine there will be a way to use the touchscreen in limited capability. Probably by holding L2 or R2 down to make the sticks act as a pointer.

Why would you need to cross your fingers for it? It'll definitely be cel-shaded :lol

I want Guilty Gear Xrd levels of cel-shading for Persona 5. Can you imagine Soejima's style like that?

I meant more of a stylized cel-shaded, haha.
Like guilty gear?
SOS Feature (optional) the TV overlay (optional) and the TV listing menu (can be navigated by controller)

I imagine there will be a way to use the touchscreen in limited capability. Probably by holding L2 or R2 down to make the sticks act as a pointer.

I want Guilty Gear Xrd levels of cel-shading for Persona 5. Can you imagine Soejima's style like that?

Shit would be crazy

Omikaru

Exactly like Guilty Gear. Xrd should be the standard by which all future cel-shaded games are judged.

I would not object. Xrd looks so awesome from a technical art standpoint. Well, it looks awesome from an everything standpoint, but what they've achieved with their cel-shading is outstanding.

Dantis

The one thing I want them to improve on Catherine is the colouring. The colour range is way too low compared to Soejima's work.

Also, I hope they get Studio 4C again for the inevitable anime cutscenes, like in Catherine. They were amazing.

Squire

Banned
I expect it to look better than Catherine even if only to a small extent.

It's been years since that game came out, they've built an engine suited to them as a studio, and they've just generally had more time with the hardware.

It's not a P3/P4 situation where they're starting over with almost literally the same resources.

cj_iwakura

Is TGS going on now? I assume that's where all this info is coming from.

Is there no Deception IV thread yet? Someone halp. :( I can't wait. I LOOOOOVE Deception.

Sophia

Is TGS going on now? I assume that's where all this info is coming from.

Is there no Deception IV thread yet? Someone halp. :( I can't wait. I LOOOOOVE Deception.

No, this was Sony's Pre-TGS conference. They'll have another conference for TGS itself. The actual show stars on the 19th.

kewlmyc

Goddamn, help desk work is tedious.

No, this was Sony's Pre-TGS conference. They'll have another conference for TGS itself. The actual show stars on the 19th.

They're two conferences? Seems rather pointless. They could have waited two weeks.

FluxWaveZ

They're two conferences? Seems rather pointless. They could have waited two weeks.

There's only one conference, I'm pretty sure.

I think the TGS one is something different? Could be wrong, but I thought it was a different showing that started with "Press."

Sophia

There's only one conference, I'm pretty sure.

I think the TGS one is something different?

I recall people saying there were two conferences. *shrugs*

I'm kinda excited to see what gets announced for the Vita in Famitsu now. It's clear the Vita TV was something insiders knew about ahead of time.

kewlmyc

I'm kinda excited to see what gets announced for the Vita in Famitsu now. It's clear the Vita TV was something insiders knew about ahead of time.

I just want to know how the hell Ragnarok Odyssey is going to work since the items are only accessible on touch screen.

I wonder if games like Gravity Rush and VLR will be patched to work with it eventually. The "experts" on GAF seem to think it would be super easy.

Squire

Banned

What, you mean this week, specifically? Or just in this lead up to TGS in general?

Marche90

Goddamn, help desk work is tedious.
Could be worse. At least you're doing something now. Try college lab supervisor without absolutely anything to do (no students right now to keep supervising, all reactives are in order, not a single test tube out of place...). At least my laptop is keeping me busy... whenever the internet decides to work :lol

Ys IV meant I was getting a Vita eventually.

Deception V means I'm getting one now.

PS Vita TV means that most likely I will have one before the end of the year. Also, Yay, Ys IV.

Sophia

What, you mean this week, specifically? Or just in this lead up to TGS in general?

In the lead up to TGS in general. Famitsu is usually exciting at around TGS time. If only because they're following up on all the big TGS and pre-TGS announcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom