• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
The night Jon Jones is dethroned, Luka shall be my entrance music.

By far the biggest issue I have is the dismissal / denial of any reviewer that claims that GTAV is misogynistic. The amount of vitriol directed to just about every review publication that brought up the topic was unprecedented. They didn't even give the game a bad score; Keza gave GTAV a 10 (lol), Carolyn Petit gave it a 9 and Chris Plante gave it a 9.5. Yet each and everyone of those reviewers were relentlessly shit on by fans.

I'm surprised that people are willingly blinding themselves to the truth to preserve some sort of perfect image for game. I'm not even trying to take the piss out of GTAV; I'm super hyped for GTAV, and pretty much it's just like any other GTA game when it comes to female characters. They're handled poorly.

People take criticism like GTA's really personally, because they tend to use the things they like as a means to define themselves. They literally think you're insulting them if you criticize something they like, usually they're not cognizant of it(At least, that's my guess)

People also forget that you're allowed to like things with troubling content. It's fine, just try to recognize that questionable content.

Squire

Banned
People also forget that you're allowed to like things with troubling content. It's fine, just try to recognize that questionable content.

That's the craziest part. Everyone pointing out the content still loved the game.

If you notice, it's actually a repeat of what happened when the same writer criticized P4.

Levito

Banned
We should talk about Miku or something else that's not so controversial.

Let's go over why Persona 4 is better than Persona 2:

1.) Persona 2 isn't even real
2.) Haha no social links gimme a break
3.) Poopy PS1 graphics
4.) The jerkstore called and they ran out of Persona 2
5.) Lacking in quality Waifu's

Squire

Banned
Ha, just noticed something cute on Siliconera's "About Us" page (the whole thing is charming, really). Can you guys find it?

3.) Poopy PS1 graphics

I love you.

PK Gaming

Didn't she miss a lot of "the point"s in her P4 stuff. I don't remember.

She has some interesting things to say about Catherine and P4, so she's ok in my book.

3.) Poopy PS1 graphics

You're like a bully who's picking on a kid without his glasses. Let's talk about Persona 4 smashes Persona 3 out of the stratosphere instead!

1) Persona 4 improves on just about every aspect of Persona 3's gameplay.
2) The social links have significantly better writing and the social link characters are more enjoyable
3) The villains in Persona 4 are actually decent, versus the mediocre villains that appear in Persona 3
4) Persona 4 has more content, waaaay more content. The plot has much better pacing; Rescuing characters are broken up by several smaller side events, versus the monthly wait before each big shadow boss
5) Yu Narukami > Makoto Yuki + FeMC
6)Persona 3 has Ken

kewlmyc

3.) Poopy PS1 graphics

I see what you did there.

She has some interesting things to say about Catherine and P4, so she's ok in my book.

You're like a bully who's picking on a kid without his glasses. Let's talk about Persona 4 smashes Persona 3 out of the stratosphere instead!

1) Persona 4 improves on just about every aspect of Persona 3's gameplay.
2) The social links have significantly better writing and the social link characters are more enjoyable
3) The villains in Persona 4 are actually decent, versus the mediocre villains that appear in Persona 3
4) Persona 4 has more content
5) Yu Narukami > Makoto Yuki + FeMC
6)Persona 3 has Ken
P4 is obviously better than P3. However I still personally like P3FES slightly more. The music, atmosphere, characters, and finale connected with me more. Also picking whatever weapon you wanted to use was great. You rarely see than in any JRPG.

They need to burn more bread.

image.php

well you can burn all the bread you want :D

tumblr_m7hknfeCDX1r4cusio1_500.png

dkoy

dkoy

Maya is one of the best Persona characters in the series and Mitsuru isn't even close.

I really can't stand random encounters. BoF3 is on hold until I gather myself to go back and continue and I imagine P1 and P2 will share similar fates :p

Also, I said Mitsuru because I don't really have a favourite character out of 3 and 4 but I like her character design. Maybe I should have said KEN?!
lol

jaxword

I really can't stand random encounters. BoF3 is on hold until I gather myself to go back and continue and I imagine P1 and P2 will share similar fates :p

I had to stop BOF3 because the stupid forced fetch-quest minigames were horribly unfun. The well one in particular made me go "This is not fun. Why am I doing this. I am wasting my life."

Rhapsody

Banned
I usually don't mind or hate random encounters. I only do if the game has a super high encounter rate or something like ToP or old SMTs.
But that doesn't mean I find the opposite superior. I liked it in Chrono Trigger, but I never found it too special in other games.

The one game where random encounters hurt the game for me was Dragon Quest VIII. I wanted to explore the huge overworld without worry. :[

Dantis

You guys are way off. Miku and Rin > every other CFM vocaloid.

As for Milla's design, her ToX1 design's pretty bad.

I hadn't even realised that she had a new design in Xillia 2.

Just looked it up. It's better.

dantis

draw a self-portrait

I was going for a kind of photo-realism when I drew this. My head is so big because it represents my ego.

hfxwqaw.jpg

I LUV U DANTIS-KUN

That's actually pretty well drawn. Is that 01 a tattoo?

Dantis

I see we have similar artistic influences, Mike.

Xillia's 2's art looks better on the whole, from what I've seen. They're finally getting away from that chibi crap.

I think so too. Still haven;t played Xillia yet. I want to actually get around to finishing Graces first.

EDIT: I've just blown my own mind. I drew my fringe the wrong way around, because I'm used to seeing it in the mirror. I'd never even realised!

Meia

You know, this second job with a graveyard shift was supposed to be helping me get out of debt, but then I keep seeing things I want, like Christmas Elizabeth. I'm never getting out debt, sigh...

I'M NOT SORRY. :D

Caladrius

You know, this second job with a graveyard shift was supposed to be helping me get out of debt, but then I keep seeing things I want, like Christmas Elizabeth. I'm never getting out debt, sigh...

I have that problem with Transformers. I just bought Metroplex and am having the biggest case of buyer's remorse right now.

I'm saving Gira-Chan for Dantis if he ever makes the mistake of making another avatar bet.

cjkeats

I was going for a kind of photo-realism when I drew this. My head is so big because it represents my ego.
Jesus, I thought it was a photo. Amazing work!

That's actually pretty well drawn. Is that 01 a tattoo?
There are equal numbers of amazing Miku fan art and awful Miku fan art.
The 01 is more of a brand, like on cattle, as she was vocaloid number 1 by Crypton. Or something like that. Don't forget these are computer programs, not characters. Rin has a 02 on her arm, Meiko has a 00.

kewlmyc

For me, Christmas Elizabeth will look out of place anytime it isn't Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom