• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds like it would get pretty obnoxious, honestly.

I went to some christmas theme park with my family in New Hampshire years ago on vacation. "It'll be fun", they said

I'd rather have Christmas Elizabeth out all year long than go to that theme park any time of the year again.

Astra

I am really curious what happens to that site when the answer is yes, as well as how quickly it'll get updated. :p

It'll be party time, of course!

QPZXHwO.gif

Foshy

Made a quick remix once again, a jazzy version of Heartbeat, Heartbreak :) Thought you guys might like it. https://soundcloud.com/maumaumusic/heartbeat-heartbreak-jazz

Picked up P3P again after beating TLoU last night, and I'm now confronted with a pretty tough choice. I've got Yuko's social link up to Lv 9 and could max her out now, but I'd actually rather have Yukari as my girlfriend instead, now that I can finally start her social link.

Is there anything like Persona 4's
Valentine's Day
that will make me regret if I go for the playboy route?

Meia

Made a quick remix once again, a jazzy version of Heartbeat, Heartbreak :) Thought you guys might like it. https://soundcloud.com/maumaumusic/heartbeat-heartbreak-jazz

Picked up P3P again after beating TLoU last night, and I'm now confronted with a pretty tough choice. I've got Yuko's social link up to Lv 9 and could max her out now, but I'd actually rather have Yukari as my girlfriend instead, now that I can finally start her social link.

Is there anything like Persona 4's
Valentine's Day
that will make me regret if I go for the playboy route?

When 3 was first made, you HAD to be a romantic link with everyone on the male route, there was no options. So no, no bad consequences, just don't have two female slinks high in rank at the same time without maxing one first.

Foshy

When 3 was first made, you HAD to be a romantic link with everyone on the male route, there was no options. So no, no bad consequences, just don't have two female slinks high in rank at the same time without maxing one first.

Phew, that's good to hear. Thanks.

Meia

Phew, that's good to hear. Thanks.

3's system punished you as you were leveling the slinks, instead of an event at the end, really. At least, with FES it did.

The system had a whole bunch of complicated stuff to it, like visiting people within 90 days or a link reversing, this time being cut in half if it was a female link and you saw another female, etc. Of course, there's also the scenes you get for seeing a girl while having another link with another, and the sparks that would ensue.

todd360

We need an insider for persona 5. Like kagari for final fantasy XV. I need dem juicy info bytes. Truthfacts would also be great.

I still find it amusing. Tuesday will always be best day until Persona 5 is announced. Every week there's a slight hope in my mind, and then it gets CRUSHED.

It's fun.

I hope the game gets announced on any other day of the week just to be a "take that" at you tuesday folk

EMT0

Banned
Guys, I can't help it. That article combined with TGS coming up? Individually, they do nothing. Together? I can't help the hype.

misdirected hype that will end in tears

Sophia

To be honest, I don't think this is too bad for the foreseeable future. They're being merged under the holdings company, so at least initially things will be left alone. It's not like Persona 5 and related stuff won't be released in English or anything.

Now what happens beyond that is what makes me curious...

Ah, christ...

Persona 5 may be the last Persona game that reaches our shores T^T

I'M STILL WAITING ON MY PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 LOCALIZATION, SEGA!
LLShC.gif

Lunar15

I don't get why people are freaking out. Atlus itself is a publisher, just as Sega is a publisher. This buyout doesn't necessarily mean that atlus games are going to be published by Sega (aka, not brought over here due to lack of interest).

As long as Atlus keeps up their ability to publish and localize games, I don't see this being an issue. Should hopefully be as if nothing ever changed, if not even better.

ST2K

I don't get why people are freaking out. Atlus itself is a publisher, just as Sega is a publisher. This buyout doesn't necessarily mean that atlus games are going to be published by Sega (aka, not brought over here due to lack of interest).

As long as Atlus keeps up their ability to publish and localize games, I don't see this being an issue. Should hopefully be as if nothing ever changed, if not even better.

Why would Sega want to pay upkeep for two separate publishing entities? That seems redundant from a business point of view.

Tamanon

Banned
Sega Sammy is a good buyer. Atlus USA might be especially valuable to them for localization purposes at cheap prices.

Why would Sega want to pay upkeep for two separate publishing entities? That seems redundant from a business point of view.

Because both make money and there's no bonus to eliminating one.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Ah, christ...

Persona 5 may be the last Persona game that reaches our shores T^T

I'M STILL WAITING ON MY PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 LOCALIZATION, SEGA!
LLShC.gif

Perona actually has quite a name behind it. If any franchises survive under SEGA it'd be Persona. You might want to worry about other franchises like... Etrian Odyssey.

Lunar15

Maybe Atlus's publishing and localization divisions will replace Sega's, who knows. If anything, Sega fans should be rejoicing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom