• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Refyref

Yeah, but that thread got locked and this is new news. Still, it's not much to go on.

I guess you could make a new thread, but I don't see what's new there. Atlus already said that nothing announced will be affected, and that article doesn't say what's going on with the sponsor search nor what will happen with unannounced titles.

Or maybe I'm just missing something.

FluxWaveZ

I guess you could make a new thread, but I don't see what's new there. Atlus already said that nothing announced will be affected, and that article doesn't say what's going on with the sponsor search nor what will happen with unannounced titles.

Or maybe I'm just missing something.

What's new here is the fact that they are reassuring people that the Atlus brand will live on when before they said that the release of their current announcements would not be affected and that they would keep fans up to date on their situation. Basically, this is probably the final update we will hear from from them until we hear more about what changed their situation from uncertain to stable from a third party.

Refyref

What's new here is the fact that they are reassuring people that the Atlus brand will live on when before they said that the release of their current announcements would not be affected and that they would keep fans up to date on their situation. Basically, this is probably the final update we will hear from from them until we hear more about what changed their situation from uncertain to stable from a third party.

Oh, now I see. I read it wrong.

Squire

Banned
One of the minor things they added was that when you'd randomly go to Junes with nanako and dojima you'd happen across a random conversation between your party members hanging out without you. It was always entertaining.

The one with kanji musing over how he kind of kept his punk look out of habit apart from anything else with yukiko was really amusing to me, since they never really hang out much.

I liked those scenes a lot. It's good they did that scene in particular since, like you said, those two never hang out, but Yukiko is the one out if the group that knows Kanji to start.

Anyway those were great.

Looks like we can rest easy, guys. ATLUS isn't going anywhere.

4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

Hey guys, in mood to replay P4G while waiting for SMTIV (Souls Hackers just isn't grabbing me sadly).

What's the best way to replay a new game + for maximum enjoyability?

Kotaku are such good journalists, that when they link to Atlus Japan's twitter account page, they actually link to twitter.com

Not impressed with their performance.

Yeah I noticed that too so I ran the tweets from Atlus's twitter through Google Translate. Of course with Google the wording's rough but it's basically what's in the article said. Would have been nice if they properly linked the Twitter but it's Kotaku so eh.

PK Gaming

One of the minor things they added was that when you'd randomly go to Junes with nanako and dojima you'd happen across a random conversation between your party members hanging out without you. It was always entertaining.

The one with kanji musing over how he kind of kept his punk look out of habit apart from anything else with yukiko was really amusing to me, since they never really hang out much.

Yeah I love the hidden additions made to P4G. I was just thinking about the undocumented changes made to P4G, like the really obscure stuff like sprite changes or how it's apparently harder to find out who the killer is since they removed an obvious clue. (according to a certain guide)

Dantis

I've never even seen these scenes. Where/when are they? I was planning on going through Golden again soon anyway. Might try for Platinum.

Squire

Banned
I've never even seen these scenes. Where/when are they? I was planning on going through Golden again soon anyway. Might try for Platinum.

Llate in the game when you talk to Dojima at night, he'll occasionally ask if you'd like to go shopping at Junes with him and Nanko. If you say yes, you'll get a few items at random and one of these scenes.

Dantis

Llate in the game when you talk to Dojima at night, he'll occasionally ask if you'd like to go shopping at Junes with him and Nanko. If you say yes, you'll get a few items at random and one of these scenes.

Huh. That's pretty neat!

I'll have to look out for it next time I play through.

Levito

Banned
Ouch. Tell us how you really feel.

Seriously, a bit harsh no?

Everyone makes mistakes, sure. Things like that are easy to fix with a little bit of proofreading though. Not to mention Kotaku is the biggest professional gaming blogger site around, they should be held to a higher standard.

Though I'll admit I've really come to despise Kotaku, mostly because they claim to be such a forward thinking and progressive website. Then when the Boston Bombings happened they ran an add supported page talking about it despite it having nothing at all to do with videogames. Capitalizing on the tragedy of others for add money is kind of sickening.

Thinking I may just have to buy Vita grips sometime, really need to see the new content in P4G.

Squire

Banned
Everyone makes mistakes, sure. Things like that though are easy to fix with a little bit of proofreading though. Not to mention Kotaku is the biggest professional gaming blogger site around, they should be held to a higher standard.

Though I'll admit I've really come to despise Kotaku, mostly because they claim to be such a forward thinking and progressive website. Then when the Boston Bombings happened they ran an add supported page talking about it despite it having nothing at all to do with videogames. Capitalizing on the tragedy of others for add money is kind of sickening.

Alright. I don't wanna get into a debate about Kotaku (they run some stuff I hate, but also stuff I like, so I try to be honest about that), but I will say they're not the biggest site (GameSpot is) and I wish I had a quote of this comment Dragonzord left once.

It was something like, "The way people reply, you'd think the person quoted tried to pick a fight with the Internet."

Levito

Banned
Isn't Gamespot considered a traditional gaming news site? IGN is the biggest gaming centric site on the web. Kotaku is the biggest of the blogging sites though. (hear it goes: Kotaku->Joystiq->Destructoid in terms of popularity)

Wasn't picking a fight, just think that professional bloggers like the one's working at Kotaku should be sourcing properly.

Squire

Banned
Isn't Gamespot considered a traditional gaming news site? IGN is the biggest gaming centric site on the web. Kotaku is the biggest of the blogging sites though. (hear it goes: Kotaku->Joystiq->Destructoid in terms of popularity)

Wasn't picking a fight, just think that professional bloggers like the one's working at Kotaku should be sourcing properly.

Ah, I thought you were being all-inclusive. Didn't realize you exclusively meant actual blogs.

You're justified in your criticism, I just thought that post was a little venomous. I've messed up links and made typos in posts I've looked over before. It happens. It's why the "Edit" button is there. Getting paid for your work doesn't just shut that off.

But whatever; we're getting way off topic.

ATLUS LIVES

Levito

Banned
Yes Atlus lives, despite the financial issues. We're doing a podcast about it this Friday(and this one WILL actually happen). Iwakura suggested it be about pre and post-Index era Atlus and the history of the company, if anyone wants to get in on that panel let me know.

Ah, I thought you were being all-inclusive. Didn't realize you exclusively meant actual blogs.

You're justified in your criticism, I just thought that post was a little venomous. I've messed up links and made typos in posts I've looked over before. It happens. It's why the "Edit" button is there. Getting paid for your work doesn't just shut that off.

That was snark! Hence why I said not impressed by your by your performance. ;D

Thinking I may just have to buy Vita grips sometime, really need to see the new content in P4G.

I use the ones PDP made and I feel it's good. Though Nyko makes one with a battery extender and CTA has a similar looking one without the battery boost it looks like. My only problem with the Nyko and CTA ones is that having them on blocks out access to all ports except the headphone jack and the memory card slot. If you want to switch carts or charge the system (outside of Nyko's battery) or use whatever the hell the top right port next to the cart slot does, you'd have to remove it from the grip.

Kotaku is what it is. I resent a lot of the articles they publish, and yet at the same time I still peruse it twice a day in seek of neat things that might have slipped through the cracks of larger publications.

It's great that ATLUS is doing fine though. The day they die, a part of me will die with them.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yes Atlus lives, despite the financial issues. We're doing a podcast about it this Friday(and this one WILL actually happen). Iwakura suggested it be about pre and post-Index era Atlus and the history of the company, if anyone wants to get in on that panel let me know.

I thought the panel was pretty much set in stone?

Or is that in case someone has to drop out?

Meia

Nice idea, would love to listen to it as it's something I'm genuinely curious about. Wonder if my idea of Atlus going somewhat downhill with Index is unfounded or not.

Levito

Banned
I thought the panel was pretty much set in stone?

Or is that in case someone has to drop out?

Different topic entirely, so far it's just Inorigo, Iwakura, and myself. The one about revisiting P2 is on hold cause Armada can't be on for a couple weeks and no one else has stepped up to the plate.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Different topic entirely, so far it's just Inorigo, Iwakura, and myself. The one about revisiting P2 is on hold cause Armada can't be on for a couple weeks and no one else has stepped up to the plate.

OK I'm confused now, because you asked me to be apart of one that's recording Friday.

Levito

Banned
The topic has changed from revisiting P2 to Atlus's ownership history and Indexes recent financial troubles. I asked if you wanted to be part of the latter the other day I believe.(w/e I forgot)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The topic has changed from revisiting P2 to Atlus's ownership history and Indexes recent financial troubles. I asked if you wanted to be part of the latter the other day I believe.(w/e I forgot)

Ah OK, I did reply with a yes. And I though PK was coming too which is why I asked. Unless you deleted that tweet and I missed it.

Dantis

So I had an idea today that seems really cool in my head but might actually be terrible. Basically, I was thinking about recreating one of the Persona 4 drama CDs in comic form. The translations are already all over the Internet, so I'd just be creating the images and then adapting the script to those images, and each track on the CD is about the length of a page-long strip (Give or take), so I could just do it track by track.

I mean, I dunno. Is this something people would like to see?

Meia

So I had an idea today that seems really cool in my head but might actually be terrible. Basically, I was thinking about recreating one of the Persona 4 drama CDs in comic form. The translations are already all over the Internet, so I'd just be creating the images and then adapting the script to those images, and each track on the CD is about the length of a page-long strip (Give or take), so I could just do it track by track.

I mean, I dunno Is this something people would like to see?

Let me thin-YES.

jaxword

YES

S0LA11w.gif

Dude, that would be incredible. Please do.

cj_iwakura

Absolutely, but Persona 3's is even better.

Dantis

Well, I've only listened to the first Persona 4 Drama CD, but I'd probably choose that one anyway simply because I like the characters more, in terms of writing and drawing them.

If I was doing it in black and white... I have no idea how frequently I'd be able to finish each strip, but I guess we'd find out.

EDIT: Oh, and if I did do this (Right now it's just an idea. Nothing guarateed!), then it might be an option for someone to help me edit the dialogue and panel composition, if anyone is interested. I mean, I could put it verbatim from the CD translation, but it might be weird. Or might not, I dunno. I'll have to see.

That would be awesome.

PK Gaming

There's only one answer to this:

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

EDIT: Oh, and if I did do this (Right now it's just an idea. Nothing guarateed!), then it might be an option for someone to help me edit the dialogue and panel composition, if anyone is interested. I mean, I could put it verbatim from the CD translation, but it might be weird. Or might not, I dunno. I'll have to see.

I could help with that. I'm the junior editor of a journal, so I'm quite proficient at that sort of thing.

Marche90

You don't need more people telling you to go ahead...

But I'll say it again anyway. Do it.

Squire

Banned

Yes! You're tumblr will get so many followers.

Cheska

tumblr_meesqxOlbB1rv8jpzo1_500.gif

YES!

Meia

Wow, VLR doesn't waste any time does it?

Alice huh? And she recognizes Clover huh? One armed robot with her huh? :p

Sophia

I'd say do either Persona 4 Volume 3 or Persona 3: A Certain Day of Summer. Probably best not to do Daylight/Moonlight from P3, as they're more talking and serious.

The second Persona 3 Portable drama CD (male protagonist) is really good too. Nice balance of humor and characterization.

Young Magus

Eh why not? Your drawing is pretty bitchin, you have the talent. GO FOR BROKE!!

Dantis

Cool. I'll look into it sometime soon then.

I'd say do either Persona 4 Volume 3 or Persona 3: A Certain Day of Summer. Probably best not to do Daylight/Moonlight from P3, as they're more talking and serious.

The second Persona 3 Portable drama CD (male protagonist) is really good too. Nice balance of humor and characterization.

I'm doing the first P4 one first. If I ever get it finished (Which realistically, would be like, at best, half a year away), then I'll look into these two.

But like I say, that would be miles off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom