• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkoy

There's no "might" about it, that whole sentence is a huge endgame spoiler.

dkoy, please make sure to spoiler tag stuff. This is the second time someone's had to remind you, if I recall right. :\

Also, for everyone else, please remember to use spoiler tags properly.

I have no idea what/where my first spoiler warning was/is since this is the first time I'm hearing about this. I probably missed it ._. Sorry if anybody got spoiled out there

Meia

I have no idea what/where my first spoiler warning was/is since this is the first time I'm hearing about this. I probably missed it ._. Sorry if anybody got spoiled out there

You also want to clarify which game you're spoiling before it if needs it. You can take yours to mean it's a P2 spoiler while it's a P4 one. :)

FluxWaveZ

I know, I know. It was just too broad!

Final Fantasy series spoiler
Aeris dies.
See!?

But we were specifically talking about deaths and the most effective ones in the series as a whole...

I could have specified the exact game, but I really didn't think that was necessary when "death in the series" would normally include, well, every game in the series.

Sophia

But we were specifically talking about deaths and the most effective ones in the series as a whole...

I could have specified the exact game, but I really didn't think that was necessary when "death in the series" would normally include, well, every game in the series.

To be fair, I didn't really think there was too much wrong with your original post, but I can see how someone could have misinterpreted it. Just best to mark the game (as you've done now) and avoid any issue in the future.

You also want to clarify which game you're spoiling before it if needs it. You can take yours to mean it's a P2 spoiler while it's a P4 one. :)

Yes, please please please mark the name of the game if it's not obvious from what you're quoting or saying.

Persona 1 is the only Persona game I haven't gotten spoiled yet. I hope its a good game.

image.php

Joking... it's a great game but be ready for some serious swearing and PSP throwing, or PS1 controller depending on which version you want to play.

fertygo

I take Yosuke over Junpei, Junpei broke my hear when he being a dick in december scene.. once is enough buddy, and j
anuary
come he saying we're best bro!, sorry bro thing not working like that.

For Yosuke I absolutely adore the nightwing-batman between him and Yu.

kewlmyc

I take Yosuke over Junpei, Junpei broke my hear when he being a dick in december scene.. once is enough buddy, and j
anuary
come he saying we're best bro!, sorry bro thing not working like that.

For Yosuke I absolutely adore the nightwing-batman between him and Yu.

I prefer Junpei because he's constantly butting heads against you, which makes his January scene feel more satisfying since you guys truly are friends even after all of the drama. Plus he apologies immediately after the December scene. Friends fight with each other, and I thought Junpei showed that very well.

fertygo

I prefer Junpei because he's constantly butting heads against you, which makes his January scene feel more satisfying since you guys truly are friends even after all of the drama. Plus he apologies immediately after the December scene. Friends fight with each other, and I thought Junpei showed that very well.

I'm just bitter sob then, I just pick the douchiest answer at that january scene, take that yo.. but seriously some of his line are straightaway cruel, I actually really want the fight get longer because I really taking those word in bad way.. and the january scene they make up to that. I don't like the idea the whole thing about our relation to him are to get his acknowledgement either.

Tamanon

Banned
Junpei was the most realistic character in both games by far. I preferred him to Yosuke, who was basically all "Let's do this bro!" until S.Link 9/10, and then that never popped up again.

Junpei broke my hear when he being a dick in december scene./QUOTE]

To be fair,
he was basically just told that he was going to die after promising to live for the one he loved and he felt powerless and angry.
I would probably react the same way, honestly. He apologizes really sincerely whenever he lashes out at you too, so there's that too.

fertygo

To be fair,
he was basically just told that he was going to die after promising to live for the one he loved and he felt powerless and angry.
I would probably react the same way, honestly. He apologizes really sincerely whenever he lashes out at you too, so there's that too.

I understand why he lash out, its like I'm understanding my brother act like a dick, but still he act like a dick.. going through Chidori's flag and all that.. cheering him up and boom, you so mean Junpei-kun *sob*

sasliquid

So to deviate from the Junpei loving and bashing...

I finally beat Catherine (which was very good) and im going to finally do a hard run of p4. My aims are
1. Beat on hard (new game, not ng+)
2. Read all the books
3. Not get the sads

Any tips?

PK Gaming

The most significant death in the series, imo
Makoto Yuki's death.
(Significant P3 spoilers)

Having a protagonist that dies at the end isn't unique in itself, but Persona 3 delivers it in such a subtle way, it completely threw me for a loop when it happened. My thought process after beating the game was mostly "YES, WE GOT THE BITCH." Blissful happiness quickly turned to shock after experiencing the epilogue. I mean jesus, you spend the entire game immersed in death (your parents die, your friends die, you spend time with a dying man, death literally lives inside you) but it never fully occurred to me that the protagonist would actually die. But at the same time, his death wasn't arbitrary or cliched. Makoto didn't get sucker punched by a dying boss, nor did he decide to stay back and the to fight off an endless horde of enemies. It was great (not to mention that final, final boss itself was phenomenal.)

I felt sad, but also happy and fulfilled at the same time.

The most significant death in the series, imo
Makoto Yuki's death.
(Significant P3 spoilers)

Having a protagonist that dies at the end isn't unique in itself, but Persona 3 delivers it in such a subtle way, it completely threw me for a loop when it happened. My thought process after beating the game was mostly "YES, WE GOT THE BITCH." Blissful happiness quickly turned to shock after experiencing the epilogue. I mean jesus, you spend the entire game immersed in death (your parents die, your friends die, you spend time with a dying man, death literally lives inside you) but it never fully occurred to me that the protagonist would actually die. But at the same time, his death wasn't arbitrary or cliched. Makoto didn't get sucker punched by a dying boss, nor did he decide to stay back and the to fight off an endless horde of enemies. It was great (not to mention that final, final boss itself was phenomenal.)

I felt sad, but also happy and fulfilled at the same time.

I feel the most important sacrifice in the series is (P2 Spoilers)
The friendship of the Masquerade. Without that sacrifice, P2EP, P3, P4 and P4A could not have happened.

PK Gaming

I feel the most important sacrifice in the series is (P2 Spoilers)
The friendship of the Masquerade. Without that sacrifice, P2EP, P3, P4 and P4A could not have happened.

Well if we're purely talking about sacrifices,
Tatsuya's sacrifce
at the end of EP blows everything out of the water.

I mean jesus, that ending of EP is still a gut-punch.

sasliquid

So to deviate from the Junpei loving and bashing...

I finally beat Catherine (which was very good) and im going to finally do a hard run of p4. My aims are
1. Beat on hard (new game, not ng+)
2. Read all the books
3. Not get the sads

Any tips?

Guys? No-one? Well its all up to me then

Dantis

I tried to play Ys.

*shrug*

I'd rather play Chantelise, tbh... or Recettear...

I need more character action on PC :/

Which Ys? I've been slowly playing through Felghana and I like it a lot.

I just want to take a minute to appreciate how stupid and amazing the title for Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold is.

It's hilarious and terrible.

Like I said before, I feel like they've accepted the silliness of the first game and just said "Fuck it, let's have some fun".

Which Ys? I've been slowly playing through Felghana and I like it a lot.

It's hilarious and terrible.

Like I said before, I feel like they've accepted the silliness of the first game and just said "Fuck it, let's have some fun".

I bet you the plot will be melodramatic though

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This Mako Mankanshoku character design in Kill la Kill is giving me some serious Chie vibes. Much more amusing personality though, so already better there. ;P

Dantis

Get out, you soulless fiend.

Not the best shot of the amazingness of Kill La Kill's artstyle.

It reminds me of some crappy Cartoon Network show or something.

It's a style. It's very unique and you can pinpoint shows this guy worked on VERY easily. I'm not that big a fan of it either TBH, but it works for how over the top and goofy the shows usually are.

It is, and maybe it fits the show. But gosh, on its own, it's real ugly.

Sophia

I'm not one for posting off topic, but Kill la Kill is the looniest show I've ever seen. And it's awesome. And thank you for that word, keats. :p

Gazoinks

I've only seen the tumblr set where I pulled that one from. Haven;t really looked for a full one.
It makes me laugh though, the animation is so good.
tumblr_mu55s4xjPs1qgz2dco3_250.gif

barf

So this is the Mako gif page, eh?

Anyways:
tumblr_mt35x9KXKd1s5f9ado1_500.gif

Don't see much of a similarity to Chie except the hair, really. >.>

cjkeats

I'm not one for posting off topic, but Kill la Kill is the looniest show I've ever seen. And it's awesome. And thank you for that word, keats. :p

In Canada, we call our $1 coin a "loonie". Because it has a loon on it.

Yup.

Don't see much of a similarity to Chie except the hair, really. >.>

Her classroom scene is similar.
"Here's the transfer student"
"There's a seat over here she can sit!"

kewlmyc

It's absurd, yet charming. Not a fan of the main character's battle armor though. But Trigger/Gainex is known for having absurd fanservice, so I don't mind so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom