• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
jVGXzmk.png

I find it interesting that so many people are going for very diverse (I hope this conveys my meaning well) characters in their Persona 5 mock ups. Personally, I'd rather see more subtle characters like Junpei and Yukari. I mean this in the idea that they both have unique yet idfentifiable characters, but they have lots of layers underneath, that aren't terribly outlandish.

I find it interesting that so many people are going for very diverse (I hope this conveys my meaning well) characters in their Persona 5 mock ups. Personally, I'd rather see more subtle characters like Junpei and Yukari. I mean this in the idea that they both have unique yet idfentifiable characters, but they have lots of layers underneath, that aren't terribly outlandish.

If people say about a number of those characters "that girl/boy is an asshole", Soejima done did good (granted, this is under the assumption that wouldn't happen).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I love how one of the main artists for skullgirls is also a huge persona fan (he runs a fan comic series that churns out comics every week) . BTW you guys should read amala midnight if you haven't already, it's this hilarious SMT fan comic.

I've only seen what he's posted on tumblr, does he have a website or something?

Hubble

Got Persona 4 for my Vita and am really loving it. I definitely think it's a must have for any Vita owner. Highly addicting and reminds me of a Pokemonsque RPG in a good way. The story is great, graphics are definitely good. A cool feature that has the potential to be awesome is the networking SOS and I wished more RPGs would take advantage of this but in a more involved way.

Anyone care to provide good Persona combinations? I have a lot of Personas and not sure which to keep/merge. Right now, I am leveling up Jack Frost and Slime.

Thanks

Gazoinks

Got Persona 4 for my Vita and am really loving it. I definitely think it's a must have for any Vita owner. Highly addicting and reminds me of a Pokemonsque RPG in a good way. The story is great, graphics are definitely good. A cool feature that has the potential to be awesome is the networking SOS and I wished more RPGs would take advantage of this but in a more involved way.

Anyone care to provide good Persona combinations? I have a lot of Personas and not sure which to keep/merge. Right now, I am leveling up Jack Frost and Slime.

Thanks

I haven't played Golden, but when I played through Persona 4 I felt the game really wasn't that picky about fusions. Basically, just constantly fuse Personas (there is very little reason to level up Personas when you can fuse a higher level one, they level really slowly), and make sure you've got every base covered (healing, elemental, buff, etc.) and you should be fine.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning if you like the Pokemon stuff that the mainline Shim Megami Tensei games have an even more Pokemon-esque demon capturing and fighting mechanic, and they actually did it first.

Hubble

I haven't played Golden, but when I played through Persona 4 I felt the game really wasn't that picky about fusions. Basically, just constantly fuse Personas (there is very little reason to level up Personas when you can fuse a higher level one, they level really slowly), and make sure you've got every base covered (healing, elemental, buff, etc.) and you should be fine.

Oh, and it's worth mentioning if you like the Pokemon stuff that the mainline Shim Megami Tensei games have an even more Pokemon-esque demon capturing and fighting mechanic, and they actually did it first.

Thanks. This helps a lot. I was sort of already reluctant to fuse Personas for some reason not wanting to waste any.

Couldn't hold off the temptation, Devil Survivor Overclocked mine in all of "it uses the crappy bottom screen for the combat screen" glory.

Dantis

Couldn't hold off the temptation, Devil Survivor Overclocked mine in all of "it uses the crappy bottom screen for the combat screen" glory.

I've actually been thinking about picking it up and giving it another go. I really enjoyed the first one until I got stuck.

I've actually been thinking about picking it up and giving it another go. I really enjoyed the first one until I got stuck.

Where did you get stuck? DeSu is a very divisive game on the difficulty front. Some call it hard, others call it a cakewalk. The original game challenged me at parts, not so with others.

Caladrius

~I am ~uguu~ Narukami, herald of the ribboning. Submit to me and know peace.~<3

Where did you get stuck? DeSu is a very divisive game on the difficulty front. Some call it hard, others call it a cakewalk. The original game challenged me at parts, not so with others.

I'm not sure about the first game (I heard Beldr was a pain in the ass, I'm reluctant to buy the Overclocked version due to the technical issues and I can't find a copy of the original.) but DeSu 2 was pretty reasonable up until you got to two particularly..."fun" parts (Day 5's boss from hell and the endgame, in particular the fights with the chaos leader and Polaris.

I only noticed you could swap learned skills right before the final boss, so yeah... it's been pretty difficult for me :p
I have very good memories of playing that game since it was during my first long term stay in Tokyo so it was more "immersive" :)

dkoy

~I am ~uguu~ Narukami, herald of the ribboning. Submit to me and know piece.~<3

I'm not sure about the first game (I heard Beldr was a pain in the ass, I'm reluctant to buy the Overclocked version due to the technical issues and I can't find a copy of the original.) but DeSu 2 was pretty reasonable up until you got to two particularly..."fun" parts (Day 5's boss from hell and the endgame, in particular the fights with the chaos leader and Polaris.

I thought the ribbons were butterflies at first.

DeSu was only hard if you didn't do a little extra grinding and plan your teams properly. Otherwise it's manageable.

I had heard about freezes and untranslated text. Ain't no cracker got time for dat.

The original had untranslated text in a few rare instances, dunno about freezes. Are you in Europe? I have the us copy, but the euro one got patched so it's probably at parity with the us version now. If Overclocked is about the same technical wise as DeSu1, I'd call Soul Hackers 3DS a glitcher game, but that remains to be seen when I play it.

Caladrius

The original had untranslated text in a few rare instances, dunno about freezes. Are you in Europe? I have the us copy, but the euro one got patched so it's probably at parity with the us version now. If Overclocked is about the same technical wise as DeSu1, I'd call Soul Hackers 3DS a glitcher game, but that remains to be seen when I play it.

Oh. I live in 'Murica. If I get the chance to I'll snag a copy.

kewlmyc

Not really Persona related, but Atlus related.

I'm buying a 3DS very soon for the new Pokemon games and Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies. How are the 3DS Atlus games? I've only played Persona 3 and 4, and none of the SMT games. I've also never played a SRPG before. I'm not a fan of strategy games like Civilization and Starcraft and the only JRPGs I've ever been fond of are P3/4 and action JRPGs like Tales and Kindgom Hearts. Do you think someone like me would like Devil Survivor Overclocked, Soul Hackers, and SMTIV? How would you rate those games for a SMT noob like myself?

Not really Persona related, but Atlus related.

I'm buying a 3DS very soon for the new Pokemon games and Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies. How are the 3DS Atlus games? I've only played Persona 3 and 4, and none of the SMT games. I've also never played a SRPG before. I'm not a fan of strategy games like Civilization and Starcraft and the only JRPGs I've ever been fond of are P3/4 and action JRPGs like Tales and Kindgom Hearts. Do you think someone like me would like Devil Survivor Overclocked, Soul Hackers, and SMTIV? How would you rate those games for a SMT noob like myself?

I'd steer clear of Soul Hackers. I'd look at videos of Devil Survivor and SMTIV and keep in mind that both games can seem hard at first

fertygo

Multi-Strike/hit broke this game.

Btw I want DeSu's fusion search at persona games.

Servbot24

Banned
It's true.

And then they graduate to Rise.

2169924-kappa.png

Rise seemed too easy.

Yukiko is down to earth and focused but also has a silly side. Yukiko all day.

Kanji kinda sucks but I haven't finished his social link yet. MC is honestly the best male character. He's at the top of the class, he's an athlete, he's a musician, and every girl wants him. Oh, and he's the fearless Leader of the team that saved the world, yet has time to spend with his little cousin, unlike her uncle. What a stud.

Dantis

Nah, Yukiko is the best female character and Kanji is the best dude

LOL JK GUD JK MIK.

I got to the end of Day 3, died, tried again, computer character died, tried again, completed it, game crashed and I ragequit forever.

I hadn't realised you could save mid-mission until you told me like two years later, so I'd been having to start every mission from scratch when I lost.

Lunar15

How does anyone not like Kanji?

He's one of the deeper, more complex characters of the cast, he's probably the most genuinely thoughtful person in the cast, and he constantly manages to defy the "tough yet soft guy" tropes with surprising and somewhat unpredictable dialogue. Also, his voice acting is superb.

His social link is non-stop comic gold with just the right amount of dramatic gravitas to make it emotionally satisfying.

He's one of the best characters ever in an RPG , if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom