• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

The thing is, I'm not sure if it's because the egregious boobies, or sense of humor and action.

Can't it be both? :p The outfit was actually one my issues with the show, as I don't really like the design, but it's something I can pretty much overlook, and I do like that it's played for laughs.

Can't it be both? :p The outfit was actually one my issues with the show, as I don't really like the design, but it's something I can pretty much overlook, and I do like that it's played for laughs.

I was gonna say that. The womanizing in the show is so egregious, that it's totally self-aware, adding to the whole "down the rabbit hole" feel of the show. Also, this family is one gigantic anime trope. I don't even...

Edit: Wow, kinky dog sex thrown in just for the hell of it. This is so fantastically absurd.

Edit #2: Whoh whoh whoh. She activates the suit by slitting her wrists? I'm not sure if I can get behind that...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The thing is, I'm not sure if it's because the egregious boobies, or sense of humor and action.

It's everything.

And Mako.

EJJhoyS.png

Levito

Banned
Tried to hang around and talk to her, she just kind of left. Maybe I should've been more aggressive, but I don't like coming across as pushy.

No you really shouldn't have, you had the right idea. Being really 'assertive' if things aren't looking great initally is actually the worst thing you can do. Small talk, find a hook, and go from there.

SPEAKING OF CONS AND SUCH. At PAX I bought this gorgeous piece of Catherine art, I loved it go much that I got it framed. Just got it back from the framing place yesterday, so happy with it.

Edited for not so massive images.

Meia

There's SO much amazing with that picture, holy crap.

Framing and putting it up? Yeah, that's so worth it. Now I'm jealous. :p

kewlmyc

No you really shouldn't have, you had the right idea. Being really 'assertive' if things aren't looking great initally is actually the worst thing you can do. Small talk, find a hook, and go from there.

SPEAKING OF CONS AND SUCH. At PAX I bought this gorgeous piece of Catherine art, I loved it go much that I got it framed. Just got it back from the framing place yesterday, so happy with it.

I'm envious...

Any chance of a digital version of that image?

This Yoshi setup the best?

Hassou Tobi
Power Charge
Arms Master. Inherit.
Apt Pupil. Card.
Null/Abs Ice. Card.
Null/Abs Wind. Card.
Null/Repel Dark. Card.
Enduring Soul. Inherit.

Dantis

So I have two things to say about the p-ch.jp thing.

THING 1: If there was any doubt that ch stood for channel, there probably shouldn't be, seeing as it stands for channel on the Persona Portal.

THING 2: I think the cities are venues (Duh). I think it will be related to showings of the Persona 3 movie. You see the movie at specific venues and you get to see something extra. Like a teaser or whatever. That's why they're venues spread across the country, so that (Within reason) anyone in Japan is able to see them, and that's why they're not announcing it too early, because it's not like you'll need a special ticket or whatever. You'll just show up at a specific cinema.

Squire

Banned

THING 1: If there was any doubt that ch stood for channel, there probably shouldn't be, seeing as it stands for channel on the Persona Portal.

THING 2: I think the cities are venues (Duh). I think it will be related to showings of the Persona 3 movie. You see the movie at specific venues and you get to see something extra. Like a teaser or whatever. That's why they're venues spread across the country, so that (Within reason) anyone in Japan is able to see them, and that's why they're not announcing it too early, because it's not like you'll need a special ticket or whatever. You'll just show up at a specific cinema.

I think you're right.

Meia

So.....Christmas is cancelled? :(

Dantis

So.....Christmas is cancelled? :(

Nope.

If I'm right (And I really think it's at least the most plausible explanation), then it could well be (And probably is) a teaser for Persona 5.

NO THAT SONG WILL NEVER LEAVE MY HEAD

Tanaka hasn't ever be voiced before right? Maybe this will be his voice come P5?

PLAYABLE TANAKA PLS ATLUS (OR SHOULD THAT BE SEGA DREAM CORP)

I think Tanaka was voiced in both the anime and the music concerts.

Meia

Tanaka will be the new Igor.

Dammit apparently in Pokemon you have to do "things" to unlock other hairstyles. GAH, I want my character set *now*. :p

Trigger

I see no issues with this.

5y5qi0gwu2ln9h5241gz1.gif

Meia

What things?

I have no idea. Someone in the spoiler thread posted a pic where they're suddenly able to pick Pigtails as a hairstyle for example, not sure how such a thing opens up. Mine was simply "Short, Long, Bobbed".

Looking at the battle music thread in general reminded me of one of my favorite JRPGs, and also of how social links can be improved in 5. The game: Star Ocean 2. I'm not sure if other JRPGs of this time tried something like social links, but it was the first game I ever played that kind of had them.

You're a party, and you see a new town. You can all go in like a normal game, or outside the town choose to split up, so everyone goes their own way in town. This leads to certain towns having certain events with specific characters, getting more of a character's backstory, or even forming a friendship/romantic link with them. Better, and here's what I want more of in Persona 5, is giving the ability to play almost a sort of matchmaker. This tied not only into the endings(really just ending blurbs, but shows you what became of all of your party members, and if they got together with any of the other cast and what they're now doing post-game), but also effected battle.

You know, for all the talk about social elements in modern Persona, it really doesn't effect battles all that much, does it? There's none in Persona 3, and only one boss fight in Persona 4 where you're romantic interest will refuse to attack you when they get charmed. One of the things that stuck with me in SO2, even to this day, was characters who were friends/lovers with each other would actually get PISSED in battle if the other was killed. It wasn't much, just them doing a TON of extra damage until the battle was over, but it added a bit.

I think when I say I'm unhappy about social links being in a bubble, it's not just about none of the other characters aware of who you're hanging out with/what's becoming of it, but none of them really seem to interact with each other either. That barrier kind of needs to come down. Mass Effect 3 gets a lot of crap for it's ending(and rightfully so), but character interaction is still one of it's better features. The game's smart enough to realize who you don't go after, and then form relationships from that. Still was happy before the final battle on the ship when
I walked into the place Garrus hangs out only to find Tali there with him, and both were embarrassed.

I mean, there are ways you could play this off without adding in tons of scenes. How about if you don't go for Naoto, you see in battle Kanji maybe taking a blow that would have killed Naoto or something? Get rid of the idea of "MC dies = Game Over" so you can kind of remove god-mode from the PC, ya know?

/ramble

Caladrius

Nope.

If I'm right (And I really think it's at least the most plausible explanation), then it could well be (And probably is) a teaser for Persona 5.

Then the real question is when the teaser gets put on the web.

Tanaka will be the new Igor.

Dammit apparently in Pokemon you have to do "things" to unlock other hairstyles. GAH, I want my character set *now*. :p

I'm still stuck in that dumpy track suit from the start of the game.

I think they should give more direct impacts from social links (not that the extra abilities aren't already pretty solid). My only worry is how to do that without making it too easy for proficient players or screwing over the players that don't really have a good grip on the social link mechanics.

What things?

No idea. Might have to do with game progress and number of times you change your hairstyle, if I'm hearing right. The first part of the generation is always a pain in the ass to work through because we know so little.

cj_iwakura

I think they're places that P5 will be debuted at with kiosks. At worst, I think they're places P3M will debut with P5 teasers.

My god this is lovely! Me=Jealous

EMT0

Banned
So guys, trying to think of SMT or Persona-related nicknames for my pokeymanz.

I've got my Froakie named Jiraiya, I'm going to name my Pangoro Kanji, and I'm trying to think of a nickname for my Bulbasaur. All I've got is Mara.

Any advice?

So I went to a games expo today, there were a few casual Arena matches going on. Got to try out a fight stick and still managed to win most matches while trying to figure out what the heck everything did. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom