• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trigger

Girlfriend got me these beauties for my birthday. Been eying them for ages.

Obligatory:

AnWqp.jpg

Also, happy birthday.

Any of you have persona or megaten pokemon in x/y? I have two of that new sword pokemon, the male named Nanjo and the female named Kirijo. Also had a Pancham named Teddie that when it evolved to Pangoro, I renamed to Kanji. Thinking of naming the legendaries after SMT portags.

Also somehow I didn't say happy bday yet, CJKeats is da man!

Lunar15

I'm just going to edit that comic to say "Persona 5" instead of an X-Box, and then it will be truly appropriate to use on this board.

Any of you have persona or megaten pokemon in x/y? I have two of that new sword pokemon, the male named Nanjo and the female named Kirijo. Also had a Pancham named Teddie that when it evolved to Pangoro, I renamed to Kanji. Thinking of naming the legendaries after SMT portags.
Maybe I should call my new Houndoom Koro-chan.

I named my Gourgeist Spooky in your honour, and although it's more mythology-related than Persona-related, I named my Chesnaught and Barbaracle Polydeuces and Castor.

EDIT: Oh, and happy birthday, CJ! May your days be merry and bright, and all of your birthdays be alright.

I named my Gourgeist Spooky in your honour, and although it's more mythology-related than Persona-related, I named my Chesnaught and Barbaracle Polydeuces and Castor.

EDIT: Oh, and happy birthday, CJ! May your days be merry and bright, and all of your birthdays be alright.

I'm honored!

Happy happy birthday Keats!! :D

I used the give all my Pokemon nicknames but I got real lazy with it this year.

Aww :(

I never name pokemon.

You monster

cjkeats

Nice figures, but more importantly happy birthday!
Happy birthday Keats!
Obligatory:
Also, happy birthday.
Mandatory Happy Birthday Message
Happy birthday, Keats!
Happy happy birthday Keats!! :D
Happy Birthday, CJ
Thank you everyone!
I never name pokemon.
Me either. I almost had a heart attack when I started to play Etrian Odyssey 4 and they wanted me to name everyone and everything. Trying to think of names sometimes makes me quit games.

PK Gaming

Happy birthday cjkeats! Your girlfriend has excellent taste in characters.

Tyrantrum = Megidolaon
Heliolisk = Izanami
Pangoro = Eikichi
Zoroark = Persona
Raichu = Ziodyne

I feed them to my demons.

tumblr_m5zbz161hG1rogxhso1_500.png

Never knew Katsuya had a Seven Sisters look.
You see him wearing it during a flashback near the end of EP.

BTW, one could say that the Katsuya design from IS is correlates to how Tatsuya views him (distant, weird and kind of a dick) vs his EP design, which is how he actually is. I mean look at them, the difference in design is astounding.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Me either. I almost had a heart attack when I started to play Etrian Odyssey 4 and they wanted me to name everyone and everything. Trying to think of names sometimes makes me quit games.

I suck with names myself, although I have two names that I always use for female characters.

I named two of my other party members after Persona characters. (I'll let you guess which ones).

PK Gaming

I plan on naming Raikou, (Yu), Tornadus(Yosuke), Hitmonlee(Chie), Moltres(Yukiko), Electivire(Kanji), Beartic(Teddie)

Got any ideas for Rise & Naoto?

Meia

HAPPY BIRFDAY!

And yeah, I don't name them either, as I'm also bad at it. I used Meia in WoW since vanilla for example, then when they added monks I finally had a character I could name Chie. :p

Dantis

I suck with names myself, although I have two names that I always use for female characters.

I named two of my other party members after Persona characters. (I'll let you guess which ones).

If the answer isn't Naoto and Yosuke you're probably doing it wrong.

Chie and Yukari?

Meia

Blame the anime's influence. Ash never nicknamed his pokemon. I'm just following in his steps. I want to be the very best.

The best there ever was~

Not even going to lie, because of the anime I will keep a Pikachu in my party forever, just because. Just wish you could have one of them out of the pokeball like you could in a previous game.

Happy birthday cjkeats! Your girlfriend has excellent taste in characters.

Tyrantrum = Megidolaon
Heliolisk = Izanami
Pangoro = Eikichi
Zoroark = Persona
Raichu = Ziodyne

You see him wearing it during a flashback near the end of EP.

BTW, one could say that the Katsuya design from IS is correlates to how Tatsuya views him (distant, weird and kind of a dick) vs his EP design, which is how he actually is. I mean look at them, the difference in design is astounding.

I named my lucario megidolaon

PK Gaming

Michelle was awesome, everyone should definitely check it out if haven't done it already. She answered a bunch of questions (like the reason why Karen Strassmen dubbed over some of Margeret's lines) and is generally super/cool genre savvy. You'll never guess what anime she was into before she became a voice actress either.

PS: She made a 30 rock reference and you guys didn't catch it. FOR SHAME.

Gazoinks

Listening to the podcast now, great so far. Michelle seems like she was a lot of fun to talk to, really receptive. Please tell me you have a link to the song you played at the beginning of the episode.

Levito

Banned
It's amazing to see what this little podcast project has grown into man

It's been llot's of fun. I hope that one day you still com on some time buddha. :D

Michelle was awesome, everyone should definitely check it out if haven't done it already. She answered a bunch of questions (like the reason why Karen Strassmen dubbed over some of Margeret's lines) and is generally super/cool genre savvy. You'll never guess what anime she was into before she became a voice actress either.

I've never seen 30 Rock, sorry. :(

Listening to the podcast now, great so far. Michelle seems like she was a lot of fun to talk to, really receptive. Please tell me you have a link to the song you played at the beginning of the episode.

Hahaha, Armada recorded that quite some time ago. He put it on Youtube.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Yes I did. :p

Sophia

Good news: VGMDB has the times for the songs on the P3 movie CD, and it is indeed a full five minute version of More Than One Heart. Burn My Dread Spring of Birth is 3 and a half minutes too, which is interesting. I was concerned it would be a weird cut down version.

Now we just have to actually hear the damn thing. ;_;

This CD was part of a limited edition movie ticket set for Persona 3 the Movie #1 Spring of Birth. The set was sold exclusively on ANIPLEX+ and had to be preordered between July 23 and September 24, 2013.

That appears to be why. :(

Innocent Sin is F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C!!!!

EDIT: Agh, pressed submit too soon :p
I'm loving everything, the atmosphere, the OST, the characters, the system. A huge improvement from Persona 1 in various areas.

Only down so far is the encounter rate :/
At least battles are fast when "skipping" them.

Can't wait to see what's next! :D

EMT0

Banned

A bit late to the party, but happy birthday CJ :)

As for Pokemon, this is my team in X/Y.

Greninja = Jiraiya
Blaziken = Tomoe
Venesaur = Ukano Mitama, formerly Mara
Butterfree = High Pixie
Nidoqueen = Ishtar
Nidoking = Dumuzid
Snorlax = Kamui
Medicham = Asura
Reuinclus = Undine(Needs a better name desperately, suggestions welcome)
Pangoro = Kanji
Lapras = Apsaras
Flygon = No Name Yet(Suggestions also welcome)

And here's some random Pokemon -> SMT names you guys should totally use

Magneton/Zone/Dugtrio = Legion
Muk/Swalot = Abbadon
Torterra = Cabracan
Cofagrigus = Mot
Gengar = Preta
Yamask = Dybbuk
Rotom = Poltergeist
Mr. Mime = Macabre
Dustox = Mothma
Ariados = Ubu
Mamoswine = Wendingo
Conkledurr = Grendel
Machamp = Atavaka
Hydreigon = Seth
Kohryu = Rayquaza

There's more to be found with some creativity too. Submit any if you got some ideas, because I could use em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom