• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You never control Yu in battle, you must play as Yosuke the second you get him, and only Yosuke, cuz he is the only one you control for like the entire game, you must beat the game as yosuke and only yosuke and you cannot do any slinks or do any bike trips to upgrade, nothing except dungeons as Yosuke. Very Hard mode and no new game+. I call it Partner's Time to Shine, or That One Time Yosuke Decided He Was Going To Do All The Shit.

Daimaou

You never control Yu in battle, you must play as Yosuke the second you get him, and only Yosuke, cuz he is the only one you control for like the entire game, you must beat the game as yosuke and only yosuke and you cannot do any slinks or do any bike trips to upgrade, nothing except dungeons as Yosuke. Very Hard mode and no new game+. I call it Partner's Time to Shine, or That One Time Yosuke Decided He Was Going To Do All The Shit.

How on earth do you not use Yu? Just rush or guard during his turns?

It's been way too quiet with the countdown clock thingy, especially with many people speculating that there would be possibly multiple announcements trickled before the date. I mean we are almost halfway there and no word on anything!

I just want a word on P5 or P3 Vita/3DS as movie tie-in :(

Trigger

It's been way too quiet with the countdown clock thingy, especially with many people speculating that there would be possibly multiple announcements trickled before the date. I mean we are almost halfway there and no word on anything!

I just want a word on P5 or P3 Vita/3DS as movie tie-in :(

You have to BELIEVE.

cj_iwakura

Just started Persona 2 Innocent Sin!

The opening movie looked really cool, the characters all looked very interesting!

I was just trying to install data (good thing there is the possibility...) but the battery was almost dead so I guess I'll retry tomorrow morning.

I'm very excited to be finally playing this :)

Did you watch the real OP? :p

It loads after the title screen.

PK Gaming

Looking forward to seeing the Michelle Ann Dunphy podcast.
sweet-jesus.gif

Are you... are you a wizard?

Levito

Banned
I missed this because of the shibe but man that's great news

Sooooooo excited.

It'll all be good, just take a Deep Breath, Deep Breath.
lol

Mass
erection.
:p

Getting Lotus Juice is great news. Pity it probably won't be real time.

I think about livestreaming it if people really want that to happen. We'll see.

Congrats. You're probably going to have to do some test calls with people in Japan first though. You'll probably have to record at 5 in the morning too.

Test calls probably wont be required, I regularly podcast/stream with people all over the world. Even last week I was in a call with people from Sweden, South Africa, and New York--and I live in very northern Canada. Though we may even call a phone for this one.

as for the time difference, yeah that'll take some time to figure out. :p

Looking forward to seeing the Michelle Ann Dunphy podcast.

sweet-jesus.gif

Are you... are you a wizard?

Michelle cast should be up tomorrow morning. It's really great, she's hilarious.

Also, I am no wizard. :p

EMT0

Banned
So guys, can any of you tell me about how far along I am with SMTIV?

Black Samurai spoilers:
The Black Samurai was just executed, then resuscitated by means unknown, and I've been sent off to find Tayama, who I think is the Ashura-kai's kingpin.

24 hours in, completed most of the side quests that I've run across at this point. Am I about halfway through the game, past that, or am I still not quite there?

Caladrius

So guys, can any of you tell me about how far along I am with SMTIV?

Black Samurai spoilers:
The Black Samurai was just executed, then resuscitated by means unknown, and I've been sent off to find Tayama, who I think is the Ashura-kai's kingpin.

24 hours in, completed most of the side quests that I've run across at this point. Am I about halfway through the game, past that, or am I still not quite there?

We have a thread for this.:p
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617711

You're
1/3
of the way through.

Andy the cook

Neo Member
So I got (P3 spoiler)
yukari's death
spoiled for me before I even started playing and I would just like to know if you guys still think I will be able to enjoy the story? and Is that part of the game a huge plot point comparable to (P4 spoilers)
adachi being the main villain?

So I got (P3 spoiler)
yukari's death
spoiled for me before I even started playing and I would just like to know if you guys still think I will be able to enjoy the story? and Is that part of the game a huge plot point comparable to (P4 spoilers)

Umm... P3 spoilers:
Where did you read that? Are you sure you got the character name right?

I'd say just play the game anyways and discover youself :p

Watched the P4G epilogue on Youtube, The ending was much better than vanilla P4.

Anyway I hope Persona 5 features new characters and a new setting. I wouldn't want them to tread old ground again.

Sophia

So I got (P3 spoiler)
yukari's death

I have no idea where you read that. But that's not a real spoiler.

Saw the original movie, beautiful!

I started the game... this is shaping up to be a great experience!

O you Doppelgänger! You pale comrade! Why do you ape the pain of my love?

Der Doppelgänger is awesome. <3

Andy the cook

Neo Member
I have no idea where you read that. But that's not a real spoiler.

Umm... P3 spoilers:
Where did you read that? Are you sure you got the character name right?

I'd say just play the game anyways and discover youself :p

Yeah the person did say
yukari
but to be honest it was probably just a misunderstanding on my part. Any way thank you guys for telling me I am now super excited to play.

Dantis

Have you guys heard the Bravely Default soundtrack? It's kiiiiiind of amazing. I always like it when games have a bit of metal in them. I can imagine an SMT game with a more metal sounding soundtrack. Some of Konishi's stuff is almost there as it is (His P2IS Quest Battle track for example).

Sophia

Have you guys heard the Bravely Default soundtrack? It's kiiiiiind of amazing. I always like it when games have a bit of metal in them. I can imagine an SMT game with a more metal sounding soundtrack. Some of Konishi's stuff is almost there as it is (His P2IS Quest Battle track for example).

The composer for the Bravely Default games, Revo, also did the openings for Attack on Titan. Blew my mind when I found this out.

I love the battle theme. I could listen to it all day.

Necrovex

One of the reason why I am so hyped for Bravely Default. My most anticipated game for next year.

Yeah the person did say
yukari
but to be honest it was probably just a misunderstanding on my part. Any way thank you guys for telling me I am now super excited to play.

You've been trolled, son.
The composer for the Bravely Default games, Revo, also did the openings for Attack on Titan. Blew my mind when I found this out.

WHAT?! Revo did the best opening of 2012?! Hype continues to rise.

Dantis

Also a great track. Did not expect the OST to be anything like this. It's more Blazblue than it is Final Fantasy.

One of the reason why I am so hyped for Bravely Default. My most anticipated game for next year.

This has gotten me more excited for it, but man, the art brings me down. Yoshida's art is superb, but then it's all chibi garbage in game.

I think I'm going to buy it though. I'll be sure to boast about how great it is in December, huehuehuehue.

Also a great track. Did not expect the OST to be anything like this. It's more Blazblue than it is Final Fantasy.

This has gotten me more excited for it, but man, the art brings me down. Yoshida's art is superb, but then it's all chibi garbage in game.

I think I'm going to buy it though. I'll be sure to boast about how great it is in December, huehuehuehue.

It's more like old old ff in game art translated to 3d

Nah, there's some very oldschool Final Fantasy-esque/classic Square themes on the soundtrack. Some of my favorites are Silence of the Forest, and The Day The Wind Blew.

Another good track: Land of Civil War.
Dang, amazing is right.
Oh jesus the new Margaret station id for the podcast is so great. hahaha
Looking forward to it!

cjkeats

No kanji or yukiko = rip in piece
Her original plan was to buy Yu for herself as give me Rise, but it took like 4 months to ship, and they arrived before my birthday so she gave them to me for it instead.

Wasn't sure if I should say Happy Birthday on here or not, but in that case Happy Birthday!

Those are some balln' figures as well!
Thank you! I'll take birthday wishes where ever because my ego loves it.
You know what, if someone made a figure of Spooky Hacker Ghost, I'd totally buy it
Me too, they should just make a statue if the 3DS menus thing that spins before you launch the game.

Her original plan was to buy Yu for herself as give me Rise, but it took like 4 months to ship, and they arrived before my birthday so she gave them to me for it instead.

Me too, they should just make a statue if the 3DS menus thing that spins before you launch the game.

Totally needs a button that makes that awesome laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom