• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
I think you should just not focus on a tiny part of what I am saying, you tend to do that quite a bit man.

I'm not, I just bolded the dumbest part (no offense).

You don't watch much anime. Characters basically never mess with the standard uniform as they do in Persona. Soejima does this to give the characters another layer of personality and believability, deliberately avoiding them being generic.

Persona 1 and 2 don't. I just thought your whole post was mind-blowingly ironic and contradictory. So I'm assuming you really don't watch too much anime.

Sophia

The characters in Persona 1 customize their uniforms tho. >.>

Actually, every member of Persona 1's cast has a distinct customization to their outfits, except the protagonist.

Also, I want to know who did this cover art. The original P1 boxart is amazing.

198277_10724_front.jpg

lQjA1lt.jpg

Dunno why it was so hard to find a group picture of them. A bad looking one too. Yea, I do see what you mean now. Not to the level of P3/4, but its there. And Inorigo, fine, I don't really put what I say myself to hold much weight, so I do not really watch what I say with things like that, but if saying something is anime actually bothers you or anyone here, then fine. I'll stop that. I don't watch anime on the regular, sometimes I catch an episode or two of something. I am sorry if I really did bother you or anyone else.

Dantis

Actually, every member of Persona 1's cast has a distinct customization to their outfits, except the protagonist.

That's a piece of Kaneko art, I believe. I'd be interested to know if it was Kaneko or Soejima who coloured it though.

Squire

Banned
good art

Dunno why it was so hard to find a group picture of them. A bad looking one too. Yea, I do see what you mean now. Not to the level of P3/4, but its there. And Inorigo, fine, I don't really put what I say myself to hold much weight, so I do not really watch what I say with things like that, but if saying something is anime actually bothers you or anyone here, then fine. I'll stop that. I don't watch anime on the regular, sometimes I catch an episode or two of something. I am sorry if I really did bother you or anyone else.

It was probably an over-reaction on my part; sorry.

Still, it seems like the latter games are always taking heat for things they all do in varying degrees. In general, I try to avoid speaking on subjects where I lack perspective. I can't impose my personal policy on everyone, but it's not exactly bad advice to give either.

S'all good.

PK Gaming

A thought just popped into my head after seeing that picture

What if when you summoned Persona, instead of physically appearing, it would reside in your body. The host would then be able that Personas powers...like in shaman king. I think that may have been the intention in Persona 1/2, since an equipped Persona affects the users stats.

Levito

Banned
Have any of you ever tried out that SMT Imagine MMO? Have a feeling it's probably a crazy grindfest, but for some reason I want to try it.

It only annoys me because it literally means nothing.

It's exactly the same as someone critiquing say, a Scifi film and saying "there was all this dumb videogame shit in it"--It's pseudo highbrow nonsense thrown out to disparage a medium or a piece of fiction and nothing more. Now, I know that's not necessarily what you were doing, but that's how it comes off all the same.

Now please tell me one of you weebs has played Imagine.

Gazoinks

Have any of you ever tried out that SMT Imagine MMO? Have a feeling it's probably a crazy grindfest, but for some reason I want to try it.

Imagine was the first SMT game I played! it's... decent. It basically plays like an other free MMO, but the demon summoning and fusing is pretty cool, and the setting makes it feel a bit more unique.

It's exactly the same as someone critiquing say, a Scifi film and saying "there was all this dumb videogame shit in it"--It's pseudo highbrow nonsense thrown out to disparage a medium or a piece of fiction and nothing more. Now, I know that's not necessarily what you were doing, but that's how it comes off all the same.

Good phrasing of one of those things I've always felt but never put into words. :D

I see how you feel, I get ya. I did not mean it like that though.

And have I played Imagine?

Sophia

It wouldn't be that bad of a game if it wasn't horribly outdated. It's actually a decent oldschool SMT game in style. But my god is it horribly outdated now.

Squire

Banned

I love how (typically) film buffs do this. They'll say movies are "comic book-y" Well, there are some finely written comics out there, so what does that mean?

Sturgeon's Law: 90% of EVERYTHING is crap. These comparisons are meaningless, as you say.

No one has played Imagine, bro. It's supposed to be awful! :p

Trigger

I played it for a little bit, and it was one of the clunkiest MMOs I've ever tried. Oh, and the music was terrible. I wish it had a bigger budget or a better team since a Persona/SMT MMO done right could be cool.

^you probably played when they change the battle music to the crappy SMT1 remix. The original battle theme wasn't that bad.

Generic, but not bad.

I love how (typically) film buffs do this. They'll say movies are "comic book-y" Well, there are some finely written comics out there, so what does that mean?

Sturgeon's Law: 90% of EVERYTHING is crap. These comparisons are meaningless, as you say.

No one has played Imagine, bro. It's supposed to be awful! :p

I played it :c

cjkeats

One of my favourite pieces of P1 fan art is Maki in the same kinda pose/shadow things.

Gazoinks

Imagine was my first experience with SMT, and thus my first experience with Kaneko. I remember looking at all the Kaneko-esque faces in the character generator thinking "Why do these people look so weird?".

Sophia

Excluding you and CJ. That was meant to be implicit. :p

It actually sounds interesting though. I would try it, if only to have the experience and say I did.

Hey I've played it. I can't say I'd recommend it nowadays with there being about a million other free MMOs that are better, but.... :p

Levito

Banned
I see how you feel, I get ya. I did not mean it like that though.

Fair enough!

Those screens actually look kind of nifty, well the first character design does anyway.

We should all make Imagine toons sometime and go on some wild adventures.

It wouldn't be that bad of a game if it wasn't horribly outdated. It's actually a decent oldschool SMT game in style. But my god is it horribly outdated now.

Dated how? Is it a holy trinity MMO?

You know, some co-op SMT game on the scale of like Diablo or Destiny could potentially be pretty cool. It'd be like the Pokemon MMO everyone's always wanted except without all the anime.

Fair enough!

Those screens actually look kind of nifty, well the first character design does anyway.

We should all make Imagine toons sometime and go on some wild adventures.

Dated how? Is it a holy trinity MMO?

You know, some co-op SMT game on the scale of like Diablo or Destiny could potentially be pretty cool. It'd be like the Pokemon MMO everyone's always wanted except without all the anime.

well dude looks like this now the last time I played

Yes, the girl is dressed as Soul Hackers' Nemissa and the guy as a P2 student.

Levito

Banned
Haha why to the models have comically large hands? XD

Also, turn on the AA on your PC man! :p

Dated as in technical aspects. For example, it doesn't even support widescreen (or last I checked didn't) resolutions despite coming out in 2007. :p

Its also pretty clunky, UI wise.

Yeah the UI does look pretty wonky, not a fan of transparent menu's overlapping eacother.

Pretty much nothing can tear me away from Guild Wars 2--I don't want to get heavy into it, just think it might be fun to try it out.

Haha why to the models have comically large hands? XD

Also, turn on the AA on your PC man! :p

Yeah the UI does look pretty wonky, not a fan of transparent menu's overlapping eacother.

Pretty much nothing can tear me away from Guild Wars 2--I don't want to get heavy into it, just think it might be fun to try it out.

game has no AA to my knowlage

Nah, just wait for Ultimax. Even in the event it doesn't include the story for the original P4A (which I don't think it will) you could just watch that stuff on YT. Not missing much anyway.

Can't find any playthroughs on Youtube with the Japanese voices enabled. I have nothing against the English voices it's just that I'm used to the Japanese voices.

Necrovex

I just spent my entire day (well starting at noon because of work) was spent playing Knights of the Old Republic I. I forgot how amazingly fun that game is. It'll be even worse when I play the restored version of KOTOR II.

todd360

New slink fm was good. The voice actor of Margaret seemed like a really cool person. Can't wait to hear the podcast they make after the countdown clock thing reveals stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom