• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see a game using Catherine's engine! My flatmate was playing it on the 360 the otherday and I was reminded by how pretty it looks!

Think its a safe bet to assume that whatever engine they're using is building off what they learned on Catherine.

Different engine doesn't necessarily mean different artstyle afterall...

Damn you! I had stuff to do this week!

One of my favourite pieces of P1 fan art is Maki in the same kinda pose/shadow things.

Beautiful!

As per request:

https://twitter.com/P3movie/status/392932155791134720
Despite the bad weather, how is everyone doing?
Will we be able to see the moon tonight?
Well then, today we have 2 notices in relation to the Persona 3 movie: (cont)

https://twitter.com/P3movie/status/392932358338256897
Notice 1: Everyone living in the Kansai area, sorry to keep you waiting!
To mark the occasion of the movie release we are confirming a collaboration
with Hanshin Electric Railway (train company that connects Osaka and Kobe),
Port Liner and Rokko Liner (Kobe rail lines) to offer a special passenger
ticket for sale.

https://twitter.com/P3movie/status/392932737302011904
This one day ticket can be purchased by mail too.
Furthermore, in addition to this collaboration, please look forward to hear
about our plans on photography spots and display spaces.
For more information head to the Kobe New Transit official website ->
http://www.knt-liner.co.jp/

https://twitter.com/P3movie/status/392933420923228160
Notice 2: We are announcing that we will have a special "Dark Hour premium
screening" on the night of the 16th of November (Saturday) at Shinjuku's Wald
9 cinemas. We will start selling these tickets via a lottery tomorrow the
24th of October starting from 11AM.

They should be accurate, I'm not too sure about the fourth one.
If anyone wants to add or correct feel free! :p

Meia

Butter.png

First time I'm playing this, lovely.

LEWD.

Levito

Banned
Really need to get back to Corpse Party, with headphones it's actually pretty spooky.

A lot of people want Persona 5 to be a "darker" game in terms of it's art direction and overall tone, but what if it was like a straight up horror game? Atmospheric horror though, not haunted house jump scares horror.

With all the dealings of malevolent entities and demons, you should pull something together with the SMT lore.

kewlmyc

Really need to get back to Corpse Party, with headphones it's actually pretty spooky.

A lot of people want Persona 5 to be a "darker" game in terms of it's art direction and overall, but what if it was like a straight up horror game? Atmospheric horror though, not haunted house jump scares horror.

With all the dealings of malevolent entities and demons, you should pull something together with the SMT lore.

I'm not a big fan of horror because I'm a giant coward, but I'd give it a go.

In unrelated news, the Best Buy near my job has a few Shin Megami Tenshi IV Limited Editions still on the shelves. I might go back and get one. How are the Limited Edition contents? Is the CD any good or a waste of time that only has like 6 songs on it? Is the strategy guide of any use? Any other goodies I'm missing? I'm asking because I was going to get it from the eShop due to convenience, but if the Limited Edition actually has useful stuff, I'll go ahead and get that instead.

Dantis

A lot of people want Persona 5 to be a "darker" game in terms of it's art direction and overall, but what if it was like a straight up horror game? Atmospheric horror though, not haunted house jump scares horror.

Catherine is as dark as I'd like to see Persona go, I think.

Caladrius

In unrelated news, the Best Buy near my job has a few Shin Megami Tenshi IV Limited Editions still on the shelves. I might go back and get one. How are the Limited Edition contents? Is the CD any good or a waste of time that only has like 6 songs on it? Is the strategy guide of any use? Any other goodies I'm missing? I'm asking because I was going to get it from the eShop due to convenience, but if the Limited Edition actually has useful stuff, I'll go ahead and get that instead.

The strategy guide only covers the first 3rd of the game. I don't know about the CD.

cjkeats

CD is short and not that great unless you're a giant SMT nerd. The guide is awesome though, even if it don't cover all the game. I got a lot of use out of it.
It's a really nice set, I recommend it over the eShop version.
Is it on for $39? I believe the game got a mark down or a sale recently, you might be able to get them to price match it.

Squire

Banned

The series is prime for some psych horror experimentation and I'm a Hitchcock fan, so sure, if bd down.

kewlmyc

CD is short and not that great unless you're a giant SMT nerd. The guide is awesome though, even if it don't cover all the game. I got a lot of use out of it.
It's a really nice set, I recommend it over the eShop version.
Is it on for $39? I believe the game got a mark down or a sale recently, you might be able to get them to price match it.

It's $40 on Amazon at the moment and was on sale on the eShop for $40 last week, but everywhere else it's still $50. Does Best Buy pricematch Amazon?

cjkeats

It's $40 on Amazon at the moment and was on sale on the eShop for $40 last week, but everywhere else it's still $50. Does Best Buy pricematch Amazon?

They do in Canada, so I would assume they do elsewhere if you're not here. Check their website, they should say there.

EMT0

Banned
Catherine is as dark as I'd like to see Persona go, I think.

Man, the second day onwards from Catherine was really tense for me. Everything felt like it was going straight to hell, that you were inevitably screwed, and the atmosphere just felt incredibly dark, in contrast to the bright, flashy appearance of the bar where Vincent hung out at night. I could see them doing that for a Persona game. Try imagining a game as glitzy and flashy as Persona 4 but with an almost macabre atmosphere; it'd have a certain synergy with the idea of Personas and all that; what with the game being two-faced and showing you happy sunshine times at a surface level but really feeling like you're being challenged to go explore the seven circles of hell and back.

kewlmyc

They do in Canada, so I would assume they do elsewhere if you're not here. Check their website, they should say there.
Apparently in MURRICA, Best Buy doesn't allow price match from internet only retailers. I r sads. Oh well, it's only $10 more for pretty cool swag..

Hey, what is Corpse Party like? I recall hearing they're sort of clunky to control or something.
SNES like graphics with visual novel character interactions. Even with SNES graphics, the game is pretty damn scary with the audio cues from what I've played.

Meia

Hey, what is Corpse Party like? I recall hearing they're sort of clunky to control or something.

If it helps from a story perspective, only 2 chapters of 5 in and have gotten major VLR vibes in terms of story flow too. You kind of just walk around, soak in the story, and get freaked out. Was weirded out a lil by the HP meter in the menu screen that made it look like an RPG, but so far the health thing's only come up once.

Picture a cute anime cast that suddenly becomes like a Saw movie at points, and you're closer. ATM I'm in love with the game, but still not halfway.

Lemstar

Apparently in MURRICA, Best Buy doesn't allow price match from internet only retailers. I r sads. Oh well, it's only $10 more for pretty cool swag.
Best Buy changed their policy around March this year. Online retailers are eligible now at the cost of post-purchase price matching being eliminated.

If a dumb cashier tries to shoot you down, throw the rulebook at him/her.

Edit: with that being said, officially, they only price match prices offered by Amazon proper, not third-party sellers (even those fulfilled by Amazon). Current price from Amazon is $41.40.

Meia

Don't know about Best Buy, Target does, and is great for price matching from my experience. Went into a store when the 16gb vita cards were $29 at BB earlier in the year, used their free wi-fi in store after seeing it to see it was still that on BB, took it up to the front where they went online to double check and gave it to me for that.

kewlmyc

Best Buy changed their policy around March this year. Online retailers are eligible now at the cost of post-purchase price matching being eliminated.

If a dumb cashier tries to shoot you down, throw the rulebook at him/her.

Edit: with that being said, officially, they only price match prices offered by Amazon proper, not third-party sellers (even those fulfilled by Amazon). Current price from Amazon is $41.40.

Thanks, will do this tomorrow. Do I need to print out a sheet of the Amazon Item page?

Lemstar

Even if you don't have a smartphone, you shouldn't need a printout - they can look up the price themselves.

With that being said, I'm hoping you don't run into someone dumb who'll try to stop you based on thinking that the Limited Edition is a separate SKU. If you do, you might need to do some explaining.

If you don't already have one, don't forget to sign up for a free MyBB Gamers Club account - you get 4% back in points.

Dantis

It is... very tasteless. But that's kind of what makes it interesting. The story is pretty different from anything else in games, and a lot of the characters are well written. The opening to Book of Shadows is astoundingly good too.

It also has a weirdly fantastic soundtrack

Some of the sexualised stuff in it is really, really off though. I've always seen it as kind of the developers emphasizing how tasteless the game is, but man, it is really fucking gross.

The most horrifying ending in Corpse Party has to be the one
where you keep reading all those notes about the guy eating the girl and when you read the last entry it happens to the character. That was really shocking.

Man I still need to play the sequel.

cjkeats

It is... very tasteless. But that's kind of what makes it interesting. The story is pretty different from anything else in games, and a lot of the characters are well written. The opening to Book of Shadows is astoundingly good too.

It also has a weirdly fantastic soundtrack

Some of the sexualised stuff in it is really, really off though. I've always seen it as kind of the developers emphasizing how tasteless the game is, but man, it is really fucking gross.

Love the music. Playing it with headphones late at night was fantastic.
That said I haven't actually finished it.

Per5ona should be about the mc using the power of his or her persona to street race to victory. I am saying that Per5ona should be the prequel to The Fast and The Furious, like the MC goes back in time to 2001 and becomes Dominic Toretto and Vin Diesel races all the way to Fast Seven, from there there is a split timeline, one that leads to Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick and Riddick, and the other leads to The Avengers and those old cartoons Speed Buggy and Wacky Races.

cj_iwakura

The scariest things in Corpse Party are fridge horror; stuff that's worse the more you think about it, namely what those who die in Heavenly Host are subjected to.

EMT0

Banned
What the LEWD is this, and why am I suddenly regretting having spent $10 on it yesterday without having known about this.

Sophia

"Tasteless" is putting it mildly when it comes to Corpse Party. That game is full of disturbing stuff, and none of it scary. >_>;

Jintor

Fuck that! Less than *counts on fingers* seven hours before the next Ace Attorney is released! Time to put this nearly-earned law degree to some fuckin' use!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom