• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you put every fifth hiragana character in his responses together, it spells out the names of the three main characters (p5 only has three playable characters) as well as the game's central themes.

ud99Jso.jpg

PLEASE HIT!

Soriku

Siliconera translated the article. The important part:

Some of you may remember a teaser page that Atlus opened for a Persona studio game last month, that reads “2013 11.24 SUN 20:00” on the site. With less than a month to go in the marked time, Play Community asks if he can share a little something regarding the teaser.

“Are you curious? You’re curious, right?” says Hashino with a laugh. “I believe that we’ll soon be able to tell you all the announcements we’ve been keeping, so please look forward to that day… if you’d allow me to simply leave it as that for now. However, I believe that we will be delivering news that will most likely please all the fans.”

Dantis

Well, that note from Hashino was all I needed to get hyped.

I actually wish he'd not said it. Now it's just going to be on my mind constantly.

I think it could be, but I'm not certain.

Whatever it is though, I am now interested. I (mostly) trust Hashino.

The way it's been worded makes me think that the multiple announcements will come at a later date, not on the 24th of November. Remember that during the last interview he also said that they had one announcement in store for 2013 and several for 2014. That 2013 announcement was P4A2, and it's what most likely the teaser site is referring to.
That's my thought at least. I'll start getting excited for a possible Persona 5 announcement around March of next year, with the start of the new Japanese school year and everything...

The way it's been worded makes me think that the multiple announcements will come at a later date, not on the 24th of November. Remember that during the last interview he also said that they had one announcement in store for 2013 and several for 2014. That 2013 announcement was P4A2, and it's what most likely the teaser site is referring to.
That's my thought at least. I'll start getting excited for a possible Persona 5 announcement around March of next year, with the start of the new Japanese school year and everything...

March is also the end of their fiscal year, so I could see an announcement then too.

Though I still think this is P5 related in someway.

Sophia

The P-Studios logo wouldn't be present for an announcement that's already happened. This is something new. Something that hasn't been announced yet.

The P-Studios logo wouldn't be present for an announcement that's already happened. This is something new. Something that hasn't been announced yet.

But the Persona studios logo is also in the box of Persona 4 Arena.

The only thing that makes me think that this could not be related is the fact that P4A2 already has a website.

I still can't see this being Persona 5, I'll be happy to be proven wrong if so :p

Sophia

But the Persona studios logo is also in the box of Persona 4 Arena.

The only thing that makes me think that this is not related is the fact that P4A2 already has a website.

I still can't see this being Persona 5, I'll be happy to be proven wrong if so :p

Yeah P4A2 having a website is a big indicator its not that. Also, it's far too soon for a console version. BBCP just came out, and they're not gonna hurt the sales of that until the international release is out for a little bit.

Given everything we've heard, I think there's little doubt that it is Persona 5. It's just a matter of what else? We're obviously going to get three announcements, because of the three boxes + Hashino hinting at multiple announcements for 2014.

Soriku

No, all he said was that they have many announcements next year, nothing about there only being one announcement for 2013.

Also you're reading too much in the wording of the article. He said they'll soon be sharing info on announcements...he's referring to the date on the site, Nov 24th. Unless you think the teaser is actually just teasing the actual event they'll be making an announcement, lol. I'd be surprised if they didn't announce P5.

Anyway, I wonder if Atlus has more than just P5 in the works for consoles (excluding SMTxFE). Hashino said there'll be many announcements next year to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Atlus brand. I wonder if that isn't just new handheld announcements and some Atlus fan events or whatever.

Dantis

FeMC and Narukami are two people who look good in anything. That is some awesome art. Gonna color it Dantis?

Yup. Gonna have a go on Sonic Lost Worlds (FINALLY) first though.

And yeah, they can pretty much wear anything. I think they're the two most overall stylish characters of the cast.

dkoy

What are the chances of the Jack Bros. gloves making it into the P3 movie as Akihiko's boxing gloves? I really wanna see it in there :(

You a Pokemon fan, Dantis? Nice choice pairing FeMC with Flareon. Looks kinda weird with their feet cut off like that though.

Also, in my completely unbiased professional opinion, it should have totally been Aigis wrestling Metagross or suplexing the crap out of Charizard.

Dantis

What are the chances of the Jack Bros. gloves making it into the P3 movie as Akihiko's boxing gloves? I really wanna see it in there :(

Erm... Zero?

You a Pokemon fan, Dantis? Nice choice pairing FeMC with Flareon. Looks kinda weird with their feet cut off like that though.

Also, in my completely unbiased professional opinion, it should have totally been Aigis wrestling Metagross or suplexing the crap out of Charizard.

You think? Feet are like the most boring thing ever. Maybe I'll draw them in before I colour it, I dunno.

And I actually don't care for Pokemon at all. Jintor was talking about Pokemon drawings the other day, and it got me thinking that a picture of Narukami and Pikachu might be neat. Then I was figured I might as well put FeMC in there and dress them as the X and Y protagonists, haha.

Ahh yeah I saw Jintor's drawing in the XY thread. But yeah maybe you don't even need to draw the feet in, adding a border might help. Might be the white space and sudden cut-off point screwing with my eyes.

kewlmyc

Making way for remake with enhanced FeMC route vita game of course.
lol I wish :(

Persona 3 movie FeMC edition incoming. Three boxes = three movies.

BOOM.

Totally fine with this! Should of been a FeMC movie anyway.

Oh you kids and your FeMC.

Also, you picture doesn't have hats, Dantis. Pokekids need hats to hide their berries in. ILLUSION SHATTERED.

Seriously, nice picture though. I wish I had your artistic talents.

Meia

Love FeMC in the pic, but what in the hell is Narukami wearing? :p

Awesome drawing, really good job on Pikachu as well. The drawing just makes me wish that you could keep one of the pokemon out by your side at all times, no idea why that isn't a thing in the newer one.

And with that translation one of the announcements is *so* Persona 5. He said something ALL fans will be happy about, so what else could that be?

Sophia

Seriously, I want to see a statistic on how many people pick the female lead in Persona 3 and Pokemon X/Y respectively. I bet it's skewed heavily in favor of them and more than justifies always having the option. >_>;

Seriously, I want to see a statistic on how many people pick the female lead in Persona 3 and Pokemon X/Y respectively. I bet it's skewed heavily in favor of them and more than justifies always having the option. >_>;

P3P female choice is kind of biased as it's new content not featured in previous versions!

boobs always win!

Wait, what story differences? I've only heard of customisation differences.
And yeah, this would be really interesting.

Caladrius

The former is the girl option at its maximum potential. The latter is just bullshit assuming that the girls care more about the clothing selection than the boys. (As one of the most ~FABULOUS~ gentlemen on GAF I was greatly displeased.)

Lunar15

News that all fans will enjoy? All fans love teddie shaped ice cream bars!

*available only in markets in cities listed on the website

Sophia

The former is the girl option at its maximum potential. The latter is just bullshit assuming that the girls care more about the clothing selection than the boys. (As one of the most ~FABULOUS~ gentlemen on GAF I was greatly displeased.)

If we're doing the Persona 1/3/4 route for main characters again in Persona 5, I want customization like how Pokemon X/Y do it. D:

As Twitter and IRC peeps can attest to, I like clothing shopping. Probably end up blowing all my yen on clothing rather than Personas or equipment. >_>;

Wait, what story differences? I've only heard of customisation differences.

Calem is slightly better as a rival than Serena is as a rival, personality wise.

kewlmyc

I'd think the results would be more surprising than you think if you consider the mass audience.

Also, I can get why people prefer FeMC over MC since her social links are clearly better written and her "personality" makes the game slightly less depressing, but from what I played of Pokemon X, there's not that big of a change in anything other than Serena having WAY more clothing variety.

EDIT:
If we're doing the Persona 1/3/4 route for main characters again in Persona 5, I want customization like how Pokemon X/Y do it. D:

As Twitter and IRC peeps can attest to, I like clothing shopping. Probably end up blowing all my yen on clothing rather than Personas or equipment. >_>;

Calem is slightly better as a rival than Serena is as a rival, personality wise.
To be fair, all the friends suck in X/Y. The rivals are pathetic this go around. The only rivals that I can think of that are worse are Brendan/May from Hoenn who gave up fighting you halfway through the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom