• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| Burn My Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new. I don't have any memories of you guys pre-this thread.

Except for Jintor. I seem to post in a lot of the same threads as him for some reason.

I remember when we just spent all our days picking fights with the SMT Community thread.

I don't, cuz like I said back then, if that ever happened, I just might maybe side with SMT...maybe.......maybe?

iiam.gif

cj_iwakura

And Corpse Party is done.

Man,
what a let down. Guess too happy of an ending was too much to expect from this, but damn, that's just depressing. Same old keeps happening, anyone dieing there is stuck repeating said death forever? Yeesh.

It was a ride, but something like this will probably just stick with me to the point where I probably shouldn't have played it in the first place. Time to go watch something excessively happy.

Play Book of Shadows. There is hope.
he he he he he.

kewlmyc

I remember when we just spent all our days picking fights with the SMT Community thread.

THERE'S A SMT COMMUNITY THREAD!?!

I used to think Community threads were stupid because people wouldn't run out of things to say and they always went off topic. While that certainly applies to this thread, you guys more than make up for it. You guys are hilarious, until people start posting creepy fanart.

Squire

Banned

I used to think Community threads were stupid because people wouldn't run out of things to say and they always went off topic. While that certainly applies to this thread, you guys more than make up for it. You guys are hilarious, until people start posting creepy fanart.

Thanks, man.

SMT Community thread is dead as a doornail. RIP in peace.

gZk0Hmh.png

Jintor

image.php

Meia

I warned you!

I didn't like the ending at all. No meaning, no progress, nothing. Just a huge "FUCK YOU" to the player.

Garbage, considering how smart some of the game is.

I'm not going to say I felt that sentiment really. I'm just kind of unhappy of how it went.

The two go back to the school ultimately to not just save their friends, but to put a stop to the overall curse. Hell, that was the point of the two groups disagreement that last chapter. You find out you pretty much HAVE to stop it, so you do, only to find out that there's really no stopping this train. Sure, you're able to get off(4 people lighter than you got on), and so long as you forget that the four friends that did die will suffer for ALL ETERNITY in that hell, be happy you lived!

I don't mind a game that pulls the rug out from under the player, especially done repeatedly, but not at the resolution of the game, cause then it doesn't feel like a resolution, just an abrupt brick wall.

Meh.

Play Book of Shadows. There is hope.
he he he he he.

Is there? Cause my backlog is kind of huge, and I'd like to get on to less depressing stuff if there isn't. :p

cj_iwakura

I'm not going to say I felt that sentiment really. I'm just kind of unhappy of how it went.

The two go back to the school ultimately to not just save their friends, but to put a stop to the overall curse. Hell, that was the point of the two groups disagreement that last chapter. You find out you pretty much HAVE to stop it, so you do, only to find out that there's really no stopping this train. Sure, you're able to get off(4 people lighter than you got on), and so long as you forget that the four friends that did die will suffer for ALL ETERNITY in that hell, be happy you lived!

I don't mind a game that pulls the rug out from under the player, especially done repeatedly, but not at the resolution of the game, cause then it doesn't feel like a resolution, just an abrupt brick wall.

Meh.

Is there? Cause my backlog is kind of huge, and I'd like to get on to less depressing stuff if there isn't. :p

It continues from the story. And adds more. If you don't feel right, I think you'll enjoy Book of Shadows.

Be prepared to feel REALLY sorry for Naho.

Necrovex

And Corpse Party is done.

Man,
what a let down. Guess too happy of an ending was too much to expect from this, but damn, that's just depressing. Same old keeps happening, anyone dieing there is stuck repeating said death forever? Yeesh.

It was a ride, but something like this will probably just stick with me to the point where I probably shouldn't have played it in the first place. Time to go watch something excessively happy.

I thought that was a bad ending? It's been awhile, but I remember the true ending involving a few students surviving and returning from nightmare land, and being all bummed out about their friends being horribly murdered.

cj_iwakura

I thought that was a bad ending? It's been awhile, but I remember the true ending involving a few students surviving and returning from nightmare land, and being all bummed out about their friends being horribly murdered.

But that's still what happens. The school is still taking in victims, and the dead are still trapped there.

cjkeats

The new mix of Burn My Dread for the P3 movie that's on the More Than One Heart Single is divine.

Just thought you should know.

Lunar15

Weird semi-unrelated question:

Who is going to compose for SMTxFE? You have a good selection of composers there to choose from.

If the P3 movie was ever given a limited North American release, I'd totally fly every Canadian PersonaGAFer down to Toronto for a group showing. That would be the actual bomb.

cjkeats

I know. The added instruments sound fantastic. DAMMIT ANIPLEX, BRING THIS TO THE WEST FOR A LIMITED RUN.
They haven't added any Atlantic Canada showings for Madoka 3 and neither them or Cineplex will respond to me about it. I'm a wee bit livid.
Weird semi-unrelated question:

Who is going to compose for SMTxFE? You have a good selection of composers there to choose from.
Probably whoever did SMT 4.

Sophia

If the P3 movie was ever given a limited North American release, I'd totally fly every Canadian PersonaGAFer down to Toronto for a group showing. That would be the actual bomb.

Heh, I could probably drive to Toronto. >_>;

Speaking of which, the lyrics to More than One Heart are awesome. <3

Moonlight

Banned
If I weren't literally on the opposite side of the country, I'd actually probably be in on this, lol.

Also, More Than One Heart is absolutely phenomenal.

Nachos

I just heard the new version of Burn My Dread, and I'm actually kind of torn on it. The added string parts sound awesome, but the overall mix sounds off to me. Maybe I just found a bad rip on YouTube, but the drums especially sound slightly off, even the more subtler ones like the timpani. There's no crispness to them, and they sound kind of lifeless. It's like whoever they got to mic the drums didn't know what they were doing or went crazy with the mix after recording.

I dunno. I feel like they got the Tetsuya Nomura of sound engineering to work on this, especially with the distortion effects most people wouldn't even hear. It just sounds over-produced and kind of stifled, like everything was compressed too much and wasn't given enough room to breathe.

EDIT: Oh, and More Than One Heart sounds great.

Dantis

CJ's drunk. BoS is a neat game, but mostly side stories. The continuation is pretty short and incredibly miserable.

Be prepared to feel REALLY sorry for Naho.

Er... No? She's vile and a moron.

The new mix of Burn My Dread for the P3 movie that's on the More Than One Heart Single is divine.

Just thought you should know.

It's pretty weird-sounding. I like it, but I'm not sure how much.

kewlmyc

They haven't added any Atlantic Canada showings for Madoka 3 and neither them or Cineplex will respond to me about it. I'm a wee bit livid.

Probably whoever did SMT 4.

I felt the same about no Indianapolis showings until I said "fuck it" and bought a Chicago ticket. Looks like I'm taking a 3 day vacation the weekend of December 8th.

If it did come to the west and Toronto was one of the cities, I would actually fly down just to hang out with you guys. That sounds like a blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom